Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Tex View Post
    Here is what the log says in it intirely:

18:12:20.137 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE
    18:12:20.137 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Apr 23 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2-84 (37970) ===
    18:12:20.137 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:12:20.137 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:12:20.153 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:12:20.153 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:12:20.153 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:12:20.153 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:12:20.153 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/tooltips.txt is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/strat.txt is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/battle_ed.txt is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/menu_english.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/menu_english.txt is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:20.184 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    18:12:20.184 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/missions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:20.184 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/missions.txt is missing
    18:12:20.184 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:20.200 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    18:12:20.200 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    18:12:22.137 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    18:12:22.137 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    18:12:22.137 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    18:12:22.153 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    18:12:22.153 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    18:12:22.153 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    18:12:22.153 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    18:12:22.934 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/religions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:22.934 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/religions.txt is missing
    18:12:22.934 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/climates.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:22.934 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/climates.txt is missing
    18:12:22.997 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/event_titles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:22.997 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/event_titles.txt is missing
    18:12:23.012 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/event_strings.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:23.075 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/event_strings.txt is missing
    18:12:24.184 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3103, column 24
    stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'cav_composite_arrow'
    18:12:24.184 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3103, column 24
    failed to read statistic for unit type 'Kazaks'
    18:12:24.184 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Tex
    Thank you for posting the system log.txt Tex,but keep in mind usually the bugs are related with other things,especially the CTDs and they don't correctly appear in the error system log.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdoom View Post
    i was playing as venice at about year 1092. i sent a spy into bologna and he was sucessful, i then checked out the city and right clicked on the spear militia there and it CTD. its on hard/hard settings there seems to be little things that are causing CTD i will try to get this to happen again to help you out. hopefully it doesnt i played scotland again and the CTD i told you about earlier didnt happen again so im not sure.
    your doom please specify which version of CAE you are using,the latest CAE 0.97A should be free of CTDs.But of course I'll need to test more.
    Thank you for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by george kings View Post
    Hello,
    No problem at all. I've already mailed to ur friend so he may help me to fix this up. Gotta couple questions for you (done to him also), but a public answer may help any others:

I dowloaded the mod from this link. It suppose to have all main issues fixed:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99752

My questions are:

-How or where can I get a mod switcher? I play another mod, RTJ and your mod is played as vanilla, ie, no special icon to click on desktop or screen displayed for it. Just if it were the unmodded version.
    -I've experienced that graphical & game options remain stuck even if I wanna change' em (my computer is very good but no so good as to play with full game video options). How can I make it happen? (to keep my preferences). Since it seems the mod is installed 'inside' vanilla, it affect the other mod use to play.
    -Finally something weird has happened. I attempted to do the above process manually (it's not easy) and I dunno what the hell I did but the mod deisntalled almost automatically. Only remains Papal State faction and Saxon faction, which I've never seen. Those 2 don't work out.

Thanks a lot 4 ur time.
    -Well I'd like to say GeorgeKings that CAE mod starting from the v0.97(the latest version is 0.97A) uses a mod switch,installs in its own folder and does not overwrite any vanilla files.So you should both be able to play CAE and RTJ.CAE v0.97 and 0.97 A comes with the special CAE.ico(icon) on your desktop,you double-click it in order to run the mod.
    -The answer to that is related with my answer above,you need to upgrade your CAE to a newer version,which doesn't alter the video preferances.
    -There has certainly been some confusion perphaps,since unless you click the uninstall of CAE,it doesn't uninstall automatically.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 28, 2007 at 10:17 AM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

loet66's Avatar Senator

Default Re: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Hello Zeph,

I play with Venice.
    the game has crashed (CTD) when I click on hungrian diplomat (region of Venice and region of Zagreb). The dates was 1120, 1130 (I don't think the date is important).
    So, what happen ?
    I hope this problem will be fix soon (perhaps in 1.00 ?).

Thanks for advance for your great work.

Dragon Tex's Avatar Foederatus

Well, I finally got it to work! I decided to uninstall the whole thing and start fresh with a new install. I saw something saying I needed to uninstall and reinstall if I had unpacked everything before installing the 1.2 patch.

My problem now is it CTD. Here's what I was doing:

Fraction: The Teutonic Order
    Year: 1186
    Clicked the "Next Turn/Hourglass Button" and it started going thru the other fractions and CTD once it reached Byzantine Empire and was going to Russia.

Once it happened the first time, I restarted the game. It did save everything that I did like building buildings, training soliders and so on. When I click on the Next Turn it CTD again in the same area. Just for fun I did it one more time and the same thing happened.

But, by far, it's still an awsome mod! Also, I'm not in a rush because I have to go back to work in the AM and usually I don't play much during the week. Plus, I know this can be time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by loet66 View Post
    Hello Zeph,

I play with Venice.
    the game has crashed (CTD) when I click on hungrian diplomat (region of Venice and region of Zagreb). The dates was 1120, 1130 (I don't think the date is important).
    So, what happen ?
    I hope this problem will be fix soon (perhaps in 1.00 ?).

Thanks for advance for your great work.
    Hello Loet66,
    I understand the bug.This should have been fixed (long term CTDs) but it seems there may still be problem with this.I intend to make it perfect on v1.0.Thank you for your report.Please keep posting if you find anythingelse or anything disturbing that may be a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Tex View Post
    Well, I finally got it to work! I decided to uninstall the whole thing and start fresh with a new install. I saw something saying I needed to uninstall and reinstall if I had unpacked everything before installing the 1.2 patch.

My problem now is it CTD. Here's what I was doing:

Fraction: The Teutonic Order
    Year: 1186
    Clicked the "Next Turn/Hourglass Button" and it started going thru the other fractions and CTD once it reached Byzantine Empire and was going to Russia.

Once it happened the first time, I restarted the game. It did save everything that I did like building buildings, training soliders and so on. When I click on the Next Turn it CTD again in the same area. Just for fun I did it one more time and the same thing happened.

But, by far, it's still an awsome mod! Also, I'm not in a rush because I have to go back to work in the AM and usually I don't play much during the week. Plus, I know this can be time consuming.
    Glad to hear that finally you got it working Tex! Of course sorry that you experienced these 3 CTDs as I've said to loet,I will look into this and will remove this completely I hope.

mine CTD when i try to started up the mod.

Hi Zeph!

My problem it Crash To Desktop.
    It took a stand earlier sporadically, but I can not play after year 1203, as there is after each load game. It takes a stand after clicked "next turn"
    My operational system - Vista (Maybe there is problem)
    My version of MTW II - Polish version off course updated to patch v1.2
    Certainly both programs are original.
    I play Teutonic Order Faction, and my version CAE is v0.97A.

Maybe You can invent something, because without CAE, game loses climate.
    That it fairest modification I ever played
    I salute and congratulates You progress in modding.

Quote Originally Posted by RyuNoKami View Post
    mine CTD when i try to started up the mod.
    Dragon Hex mentioned the same problem.He told me that he solved the problem by a fresh install of mtw2

Quote Originally Posted by Duplicarius View Post
    Hi Zeph!

My problem it Crash To Desktop.
    It took a stand earlier sporadically, but I can not play after year 1203, as there is after each load game. It takes a stand after clicked "next turn"
    My operational system - Vista (Maybe there is problem)
    My version of MTW II - Polish version off course updated to patch v1.2
    Certainly both programs are original.
    I play Teutonic Order Faction, and my version CAE is v0.97A.

Maybe You can invent something, because without CAE, game loses climate.
    That it fairest modification I ever played
    I salute and congratulates You progress in modding.
    I understand Duplicarius.I thought that I had fixed that problem,it never happens to me again I experienced 2 campaigns without any crashes.
    This issue concerns me and I've been trying to sort out the reason of the crash..A missing file perphaps,or some sinister mistake in the edb..
    Thanks a lot,I'd like to inform you and everyone more new content will be available in the next version which will be v1.0..

Thank for answer.
    I expect next version CAE with thank, and impatience.
    Let's Teuton company will be with you, and all your work

Quote Originally Posted by Duplicarius View Post
    Thank for answer.
    I expect next version CAE with thank, and impatience.
    Let's Teuton company will be with you, and all your work
    You're welcome Duplicarius.Thanks a lot I know they'll got my back in the afterlife
    You won't have to wait too long this sunday it will be out.

Icon4 Re: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Hi,
    I installed your mod many times to try to make it works but I have always the same crash..
    I can install it, I launch it with your clouds across eruope icon on my desktop...
    After this I launch a Campaign and it works around 2 at 10 turns and after this I have the sound of an errors and I get directly a full balck screen and the only solution is to reboot my computer... I don't know why it done that so I unistalled your mod and the game and after this re install again Medieval 2 and after the patch 1.02.. and later your mod and it still don't work!

I'm sad because I really want to play with The Kingdom of Jerusalem!
    (as the same time can you tell me why did we have 2 generals who sucks and have full dread and any point except in Dread?)

Quote Originally Posted by aztanor View Post
    Hi,
    I installed your mod many times to try to make it works but I have always the same crash..
    I can install it, I launch it with your clouds across eruope icon on my desktop...
    After this I launch a Campaign and it works around 2 at 10 turns and after this I have the sound of an errors and I get directly a full balck screen and the only solution is to reboot my computer... I don't know why it done that so I unistalled your mod and the game and after this re install again Medieval 2 and after the patch 1.02.. and later your mod and it still don't work!

I'm sad because I really want to play with The Kingdom of Jerusalem!
    (as the same time can you tell me why did we have 2 generals who sucks and have full dread and any point except in Dread?)
    I see aztanor.Logically I can't understand or find the reason of this.My own CAE is downloaded from where you downloaded,no problems.And since it works with the mod switch,I should have the same problem,but I don't..This is a confusing matter.
    Well those generals are part of an easter egg that's why their traits are so different and kind of extreme

Ok then do you think I must install the game with 1.01 and not 1.02 and try it to see if the problem is gone? ^^
    I really don't know what to do, It's the only time I have this crash...

Quote Originally Posted by aztanor View Post
    Ok then do you think I must install the game with 1.01 and not 1.02 and try it to see if the problem is gone? ^^
    I really don't know what to do, It's the only time I have this crash...
    No the mod is compatible with the patch v1.02.Don't install the patch v1.02 over v1.01 or there will be problems.Fresh install+patch v1.02+CAE.Don't install patch v1.02 over v1.01.
    Also finally the long termed CTD is found.This was because the game couldn't find certain names.I will uploading the new version within 2 days.(sunday).

Icon4 Re: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Hey Zeph,

Ok i noticed one bug with Kingdom of Jerusalem. Its in the later period but when you bring up the unit description for the ship " Carrack " for this faction the picture is a peasant but the description is accurate.

Hi, I have a problem everytime around 1200 something the game CTD'S before a battle. Seems maybe something with the units maybe. Tryed reistalling and getting rid of files. Man this is an awesome awesome mode. Sunday will be here soon enough!! Thanks for your work Zeph!

Abe
    Last edited by Abe; June 09, 2007 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdoom View Post
    Hey Zeph,

Ok i noticed one bug with Kingdom of Jerusalem. Its in the later period but when you bring up the unit description for the ship " Carrack " for this faction the picture is a peasant but the description is accurate.
    Thank you for saying this,yourdoom will just fix that and include it in within the install.I sure that missed that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Hi, I have a problem everytime around 1200 something the game CTD'S before a battle. Seems maybe something with the units maybe. Tryed reistalling and getting rid of files. Man this is an awesome awesome mode. Sunday will be here soon enough!! Thanks for your work Zeph!

Abe
    Ok Abe in such cases please indicate which faction you are playing with and which faction you were warring against,so that I could check all of its units and see if there's a wrong directed texture,or a missing texture to cause the CTD.
    Thanks a lot Abe,wrapping up things v1.0 will be out today.

Zeph, I alway play with Teutonic Order and the CTD happens before a battle against Genoa, France, and Venice thus far. It always happens when everyone hates and the game is heating up. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Zeph, I alway play with Teutonic Order and the CTD happens before a battle against Genoa, France, and Venice thus far. It always happens when everyone hates and the game is heating up. Good luck!
    Thank you very much for the detailed report Abe.I will be looking into this.

In the new version, the campaigns don't start.

I tried custom battles with Wallachia and all loaded perfectly fine. But just before entering the campaign map, it simply exits the game as if I pressed the exit button.

Here's what I see in the error log:

20:26:50.265 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.