Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default ATTENTION:All who get CTD after year 1360..

Hello everyone thanks to Pius II,I discovered a quite sinister and terrible bug which causes your game to crash to desktop for no reason after the year 1360+.
    The cause of the problem was related with some mistake in the campaign script,now that it is tested and fixed.I was forced to quickly update the mod to version CAE 0.95 B,however note that the fix is unfortunately not save game compatible and to atone for this great error,I retextured the Kwarizmian Arab Swordsmen unit,uploaded it as well:

Here is the info and the screens of the whole incident:

0.95B
    -The Major CTD(crash to desktop) that occurs after the year 1370 due to a mistake in campaign script mistake is fixed.
    -The Kwarizmian unit "Arab Swordsmen" are retextured to Kwarizmian colours.

Shine on you crazy diamond...

Default CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Please report all your bugs and CTDs about CAE in this thread.

Default Re: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Islamic princessess have male voices

i have played as kingdom of jerusalem. i have built militia and stable buildings in acre but i can recruit only spearmen.. is it a bug or do i have to build some different buildings to recruit them? Its only happening in castles i think..

By the way i have built mustering hall and upgraded it 3 times, and the stables the same..

sorry for double post but although the name was the mamluks, on the map it is written as egyptian diplomat, city etc.
    Last edited by OguzhanOgre; May 22, 2007 at 11:57 PM.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

i cant even start up the game! it says"unsomthing error, game will now abort" or somthing like that... BUT I AM MAD CAUSE I HAVE SPENT HOURS TRYING TO GET MY STUPID COMPUTER TO WORKKK

sorry for the double post, but it does NOT use a new splash screen if it should had, and it makes a smaller window when the errror comes up
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 23, 2007 at 12:03 PM. Reason: DB fixed

i now am playing as teutonic order and another bug i found.. after upgrading to city watch staticis are given:
    crossbow militia (max 4)
    town milita (max:6)
    peasant spearmen (max 6)
    peasant spearmen (max 6)

shouldnt be instead of second spearman line something else?

AND it occurs me twice, i want to have subtitles and skip the ai movement, but when after i reboot my computer and start the game, the setting go back to default..

History Dude,Oguzhanogre and GeorgeKing.I was these 2 days incredibly busy with the trivial obligations of the modern-daily life,so you will excuse me for not being able to reply quickly.
    First of all thank you for all your reports of bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by george kings View Post
    I'm aware of the problem.Sicilian Vespers local moderator and team member Hans Kloss
    had benevolently offered his help on the sound issues of CAE mod.I could alter and upload the sound files.However,as I am not getting good results about the changes myself(I lost music idx files while trying);I couldn't dare to upload it not to be the cause of frustration for many people who will download the mod.
    Hans,will answer your question and tell you how to do it.Please contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by OguzhanOgre View Post
    i have played as kingdom of jerusalem. i have built militia and stable buildings in acre but i can recruit only spearmen.. is it a bug or do i have to build some different buildings to recruit them? Its only happening in castles i think..

By the way i have built mustering hall and upgraded it 3 times, and the stables the same..
    Well,in the latest version of CAE which is the current v.095B unfortunately the units "dismounted crusader knights" and "crusader knights" are bugged and normally these units are available from knights stables,and drill square if I'm not mistaken.

This bug had already been fixed,along with some others,Probably I'll upload the next version today.I'm currently running some tests to ensure everything will be right.

sorry for double post but although the name was the mamluks, on the map it is written as egyptian diplomat, city etc.
    That is true,I really thought the vanilla faction name of "Egypt" would be too cheap and unrealistic.Since at medieval times the factions that had ruled Egypt were "Fatimid Caliphate" "Ayyubid Sultanate/Dynasty" and "Sultanate of the Mamluks"
    As you say the names of agents and towns are written as Egyptian,I will take it to consideration and change this to Mamluk as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    i cant even start up the game! it says"unsomthing error, game will now abort" or somthing like that... BUT I AM MAD CAUSE I HAVE SPENT HOURS TRYING TO GET MY STUPID COMPUTER TO WORKKK
    I'd like to inform you that CAE is compatible with official patch v1.2.I've had reports when installed over patch v1.01 you get CTD exactly as you wrote here.
    The best way to do it is a fresh install and over it patch v1.02 and then CAE.
    I did it this way didn't have any CTD problem at all so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    sorry for the double post, but it does NOT use a new splash screen if it should had, and it makes a smaller window when the errror comes up
    I'm aware that the new splash screen was overlooked by me,and was not uploaded.However,it is already implemented now and will be in the next version which will probably be uploaded today.

i now am playing as teutonic order and another bug i found.. after upgrading to city watch staticis are given:
    crossbow militia (max 4)
    town milita (max:6)
    peasant spearmen (max 6)
    peasant spearmen (max 6)

shouldnt be instead of second spearman line something else?

AND it occurs me twice, i want to have subtitles and skip the ai movement, but when after i reboot my computer and start the game, the setting go back to default..
    Well these are the max number of units you indicated above.I believe vanilla has 6 for crossbow militia,this was not intended by me(crossbow militia being max 4) I will take it into consideration.The Teutonic Order doesn't have "Spear militia",instead they have "Peasant Spearmen"
    The subtitles and the AI movement is related with the medieval2.preferance.cfg file in the directory Programfiles/SEGA/Medieval II Total War uploaded along with the mod.This is also fixed and will be uploaded.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 23, 2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Fixed spam

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Quote Originally Posted by george kings View Post
    yeah please PM me and I will be more then happy to send you quick instruction how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Well these are the max number of units you indicated above.I believe vanilla has 6 for crossbow militia,this was not intended by me(crossbow militia being max 4) I will take it into consideration.The Teutonic Order doesn't have "Spear militia",instead they have "Peasant Spearmen"
    im ok with the numbers.. i wanted to say that 2 lines are given for peasant spearmen.. and together they make max 12.. shouldnt be any powerful unit instead of the 2. peasant spearmen line? town and crossbow militia is ok.. but there are 2 peasant spearmen line.. after upgrading city watch i have tohught that i could recruit 4 different units, but now i can only 3..

im ok with the numbers.. i wanted to say that 2 lines are given for peasant spearmen.. and together they make max 12.. shouldnt be any powerful unit instead of the 2. peasant spearmen line? town and crossbow militia is ok.. but there are 2 peasant spearmen line.. after upgrading city watch i have tohught that i could recruit 4 different units, but now i can only 3..
    I see.You know that you will be able to recruit also Halberd militia and Pikemen militia?
    So that the total of the Teutonic Order's militia based units are:

Peasent Spearmen
    Town Militia
    Halberd Militia
    Pikemen Militia
    Crossbow Militia

Hi Zeph, great Mod!

I did notice however that when you start a grand campaign game and select the Shahdom of Kwarezm, Scotland also gets highlighted...

Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuzi View Post
    Hi Zeph, great Mod!

I did notice however that when you start a grand campaign game and select the Shahdom of Kwarezm, Scotland also gets highlighted...

Cheers mate
    You're right Yakuzi just checked that.You mean in the map,the region of Scotland also displayed along with the Khwarezmian territory.The kwarizmian map.tga needs to be repainted for that to be fixed.Thanks for your report.

Icon9 Re: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Hey Zeph im having a problem getting the mod to work. I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it then patched to 1.2 then installed the mod. I am at a loss as to why it wont work for me. the game will go to the splash screen i think thats what it is saying clouds across europe then it will just shut down to the desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdoom View Post
    Hey Zeph im having a problem getting the mod to work. I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it then patched to 1.2 then installed the mod. I am at a loss as to why it wont work for me. the game will go to the splash screen i think thats what it is saying clouds across europe then it will just shut down to the desktop.
    Hello yourdoom,that is really strange,I have also have the v1.2 installed and CAE.No problem.The CAE that I upload here on TWC is the exactly same as mine,now it uses mod switch so no vanilla folders are overwritten,there can't be a file I kept at my vanilla and forgot to upload.
    Because I made a fresh install of mtw2 as well,and just installed CAE 0.97 after I installed the v1.2 patch.

it weird now it is saying im missing this file binkw32.dll its wierd im gonna reinstall and try again. Do i need to unpack the game files before installing this mod?

it weird now it is saying im missing this file binkw32.dll its wierd im gonna reinstall and try again. Do i need to unpack the game files before installing this mod?
    No you don'T need to unpack the files."missing binkw32" really never heard or seen anything like that.

yea it was really wierd cause i was playing vanilla last night and it worked just fine then this morning i cant start the game so i just uninstalled it just now and deleted the folder so i wiped out everything and am gonna try again to get your mod to work. One thing i was noticing when i was using your kingdom of jerusalem mod is when i went to the battle map my computer got extremely bogged down from those factions and made it impossible to play, is that something to do with the how the factions are set up cause all the vanilla factions dont have any problems for me on this but with jerusalem it seemed to have problems, i havent checked this mod yet but just wondering if that has been fixed or what i can do to fix that

yea it was really wierd cause i was playing vanilla last night and it worked just fine then this morning i cant start the game so i just uninstalled it just now and deleted the folder so i wiped out everything and am gonna try again to get your mod to work. One thing i was noticing when i was using your kingdom of jerusalem mod is when i went to the battle map my computer got extremely bogged down from those factions and made it impossible to play, is that something to do with the how the factions are set up cause all the vanilla factions dont have any problems for me on this but with jerusalem it seemed to have problems, i havent checked this mod yet but just wondering if that has been fixed or what i can do to fix that
    I assume you have the CAE v.0.97.To make sure just check your video settings.But I haven'T uploaded any extra config settings.

ok have you heard of people having problems with the patch? I cant figure out why the game CTD right after launching, i think its something to do with the patch and i was wondering if you know anything to fix this or can i play your mod on 1.1??