Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Re: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yourdoom View Post
    ok have you heard of people having problems with the patch? I cant figure out why the game CTD right after launching, i think its something to do with the patch and i was wondering if you know anything to fix this or can i play your mod on 1.1??
    This version of CAE is designed for the patch v1.2 and it works with v1.2,I've heard of people saying problems with the v1.1.
    Where exactly do you launch it from? You install CAE and double click on its symbol on the desktop.
    The simple example is I installed the mtw2,then official patch v1.2,then CAE 0.97,It works,logically it should work on you,too since it works with me and the one I use is the same as the one I uploaded.So at that point it's really hard to know what causes the problem.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 26, 2007 at 05:47 PM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Well, it seems that no matter what Mod I try loading -- including this one -- I get the same problem. Everything works fine until I click on an army stack when the whole game suddenly crashes. I've loaded and reloaded the game four times now including all the patches, even wiping the registry of any mention of the game before reloading, but nothing helps. Anyone have any idea?

Hmmm not using a 'no-cd' patch are you? They are known to cause merry hell with mods...

loet66's Avatar Senator

I use no-cd patch and it works fine.

No problem with a serious no-cd patch, only the protection is out.

Ok so i finally got the stuff to work lol. Well i started a campaign with scotland and have so far taken the britsh isle. I clicked on london and behind the unit cards kind of like a background i could see town militia behind each one then when i ended my turn it CTD. when the backgrounds of the unit cards were happening there was 2 black square spots on the left bottom hand of the screen. Thats all i can explain hopefully it is helpful

Ok so i finally got the stuff to work lol. Well i started a campaign with scotland and have so far taken the britsh isle. I clicked on london and behind the unit cards kind of like a background i could see town militia behind each one then when i ended my turn it CTD. when the backgrounds of the unit cards were happening there was 2 black square spots on the left bottom hand of the screen. Thats all i can explain hopefully it is helpful
    Hello yourdoom is it possible if you could post a screenshot,Btw I've spotted a CTD,too when playing Jerusalem.

hi, i'm the fan of CAE in South Korea

I had played CAE 0.94 for a month in M2TW 1.1

and a few days ago, i decided to patch 1.2 M2TW to play the latest version of CAE.

But with few minutes play after upgrade to 1.2 and install CAE_0.97,

i realized my main faction - the teutonic order - has a problem.

That is - the battle with a teutonic general's bodyguard encounters the error everytime after loading.

Here's what's going on in my CAE.

1. The battle without a Teutonic general has no problem regardless of unit type.

2. The battle with a Teutonic general encounters error in anytime, anywhere, with this caution messages; M2TW has encountered unspecified error.............

3. First I encountered this situation, I re-installed M2TW and patched again. - no changes

4. Considering the 1.2 patch file maybe cracked, re-download it in three different sites and reinstall-repatched third - nothing changed.

Is there any solution to this situation, let me know.

ok im not sure how you would do the screen shot thing?? I will try playing scotland again and see if i can get it to happen again

Quote Originally Posted by Strykerz[J] View Post
    hi, i'm the fan of CAE in South Korea

I had played CAE 0.94 for a month in M2TW 1.1

and a few days ago, i decided to patch 1.2 M2TW to play the latest version of CAE.

But with few minutes play after upgrade to 1.2 and install CAE_0.97,

i realized my main faction - the teutonic order - has a problem.

That is - the battle with a teutonic general's bodyguard encounters the error everytime after loading.
    It seems when implementing the mod switch to CAE there occured some problem that the game insists of not seeing or finding the paths or Teutonic and Jerusalem generals,no problem in Khwarezm
    for now do not engage in battles with Generals you get CTD,engage with captains,I'm working on to fix it and upload it as soon as I fix it.

Here's what's going on in my CAE.

1. The battle without a Teutonic general has no problem regardless of unit type.

2. The battle with a Teutonic general encounters error in anytime, anywhere, with this caution messages; M2TW has encountered unspecified error.............

3. First I encountered this situation, I re-installed M2TW and patched again. - no changes

4. Considering the 1.2 patch file maybe cracked, re-download it in three different sites and reinstall-repatched third - nothing changed.

Is there any solution to this situation, let me know.
    Hello.That problem is also spotted by me and right now I'm trying to fix it.It's quite an annoying and unlogical bug.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 27, 2007 at 12:42 PM.

ok im not sure how you would do the screen shot thing?? I will try playing scotland again and see if i can get it to happen again
    Just press the printscreensysRq button on your keyboard.

[B]THE CTD OCCURS WHILE PLAYING JERUSALEM AND TEUTONIC ORDER,WHEN ATTACKIN G OTHER FACTIONS OR SETTLEMENT IS FIXED,I will update the mod as the file type is XML and can not be attached.

V.097A
    --The CTD occuring while entering battlemap when attacking settlements or units,with factions Jerusalem and Teutonic Order is fixed.
    -The long term campaign CTD crashes are fixed,by arranging full compaitibility according to patch v1.2 in terms of DS.

MOD UPDATED
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 27, 2007 at 05:28 PM.

loet66's Avatar Senator

ZEPHRELIAL, Thanks for this quick update.

I've played with Kingdom Jerusalem and I met this bug (CTD) when I was attacked (in some towns) by others factions.

It is save compatible with 0.97 ?
    Do you recommend to start another campaign ??

Quote Originally Posted by loet66 View Post
    ZEPHRELIAL, Thanks for this quick update.

I've played with Kingdom Jerusalem and I met this bug (CTD) when I was attacked (in some towns) by others factions.

It is save compatible with 0.97 ?
    Do you recommend to start another campaign ??
    You're welcome Loet66.It took my entire day to spot,5 minutes to fix The long termed CTD will need a fresh campaign.However,the other(CTD when playing with Teutons and Jerusalem when entering battle) is effective immediately,you don't need to restart campaign for that.
    Now I've also tested it have no worries,it is fixed.

Dragon Tex's Avatar Foederatus

I recently had to re-install my game and updated it with the 1.2 patch. I re-downloaded your mod for the patch update and I am haveing issues just getting it to load. I let the mod install with out change the dir that it wants to go to. MTW2 is installed in the default location.

My issue is that when I try to lauch CAE I see the cmd box pop up to lauch. It then goes to the title screen for about 5 senconds then CTD. Any idea why I'm having this issue? Is there somewhere else I need to install at? Thanks

BTW, I know you've heard this alot, but still the same. This is a great mod and can't wait to see it in action again!

Tex

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Tex View Post
    I recently had to re-install my game and updated it with the 1.2 patch. I re-downloaded your mod for the patch update and I am haveing issues just getting it to load. I let the mod install with out change the dir that it wants to go to. MTW2 is installed in the default location.

My issue is that when I try to lauch CAE I see the cmd box pop up to lauch. It then goes to the title screen for about 5 senconds then CTD. Any idea why I'm having this issue? Is there somewhere else I need to install at? Thanks

BTW, I know you've heard this alot, but still the same. This is a great mod and can't wait to see it in action again!

Tex
    So Tex,reading from what you've posted here I must say you're doing nothing wrong.Btw which version of CAE are you using currently?
    There has been several reports like yours.So I'm wondering what is the difference of congif or mods between the people that having problem and the ones not having problem about CAE mod.If I can sort this out,I will be able to solve the problem.
    For instance,I have the official patch v1.2 and the same CAE as yours but not having this CTD,while trying to load the game from CloudsAcrossEurope cfg.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 27, 2007 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    So Tex,reading from what you've posted here I must say you're doing nothing wrong.Btw which version of CAE are you using currently?
    0.97a

I had it installed before the patch but had to take it out because everytime I would go to battle instead of letting it decide for me, it would bog down the speed and go very slow. At the time I didn't realize I needed to update the drive for my graphics card. I did have another mod installed and was able to play it using the launcher and my graphic card didn't bog down anymore so when I saw your updated mod for the patch i dl it again and installed. Had the same problem I stated above. So, I deleted everything and put my backup in place so it was clean of all mods (I have a second HD for backups). I reinstalled your new version and still was unable to load. I opened the log and here is what it says:

16:51:54.747 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3103, column 24
    stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'cav_composite_arrow'
    16:51:54.747 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3103, column 24
    failed to read statistic for unit type 'Kazaks'
    16:51:54.747 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Any thought? Thx for the quick reply!

Tex

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Tex View Post
    0.97a

I had it installed before the patch but had to take it out because everytime I would go to battle instead of letting it decide for me, it would bog down the speed and go very slow. At the time I didn't realize I needed to update the drive for my graphics card. I did have another mod installed and was able to play it using the launcher and my graphic card didn't bog down anymore so when I saw your updated mod for the patch i dl it again and installed. Had the same problem I stated above. So, I deleted everything and put my backup in place so it was clean of all mods (I have a second HD for backups). I reinstalled your new version and still was unable to load. I opened the log and here is what it says:

16:51:54.747 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Any thought? Thx for the quick reply!

Tex
    Judging by this the game somehow finds a problem in the edu file.But that can't be the real problem since I haven't touched Kazaks,nor the weapon cav_composite_arrow..:hmmm:

Here is what the log says in it intirely:

18:12:20.137 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE
    18:12:20.137 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Apr 23 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2-84 (37970) ===
    18:12:20.137 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:12:20.137 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:12:20.153 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:12:20.153 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:12:20.153 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:12:20.153 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:12:20.153 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/tooltips.txt is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/strat.txt is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/battle_ed.txt is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/menu_english.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/menu_english.txt is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    18:12:20.169 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:20.184 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    18:12:20.184 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/missions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:20.184 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/missions.txt is missing
    18:12:20.184 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:20.200 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    18:12:20.200 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    18:12:22.137 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    18:12:22.137 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    18:12:22.137 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    18:12:22.153 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    18:12:22.153 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    18:12:22.153 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    18:12:22.153 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    18:12:22.169 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    18:12:22.934 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/religions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:22.934 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/religions.txt is missing
    18:12:22.934 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/climates.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:22.934 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/climates.txt is missing
    18:12:22.997 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/event_titles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:22.997 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/event_titles.txt is missing
    18:12:23.012 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/event_strings.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:12:23.075 [system.io] [warning] open: CloudsAcrossEurope/data/text/event_strings.txt is missing
    18:12:24.184 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3103, column 24
    18:12:24.184 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3103, column 24
    18:12:24.184 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Tex

i was playing as venice at about year 1092. i sent a spy into bologna and he was sucessful, i then checked out the city and right clicked on the spear militia there and it CTD. its on hard/hard settings there seems to be little things that are causing CTD i will try to get this to happen again to help you out. hopefully it doesnt i played scotland again and the CTD i told you about earlier didnt happen again so im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    History Dude,Oguzhanogre and GeorgeKing.I was these 2 days incredibly busy with the trivial obligations of the modern-daily life,so you will excuse me for not being able to reply quickly.
    Hello,
    No problem at all. I've already mailed to ur friend so he may help me to fix this up. Gotta couple questions for you (done to him also), but a public answer may help any others:

I dowloaded the mod from this link. It suppose to have all main issues fixed:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99752

My questions are:

-How or where can I get a mod switcher? I play another mod, RTJ and your mod is played as vanilla, ie, no special icon to click on desktop or screen displayed for it. Just if it were the unmodded version.
    -I've experienced that graphical & game options remain stuck even if I wanna change' em (my computer is very good but no so good as to play with full game video options). How can I make it happen? (to keep my preferences). Since it seems the mod is installed 'inside' vanilla, it affect the other mod use to play.
    -Finally something weird has happened. I attempted to do the above process manually (it's not easy) and I dunno what the hell I did but the mod deisntalled almost automatically. Only remains Papal State faction and Saxon faction, which I've never seen. Those 2 don't work out.

Thanks a lot 4 ur time.
    Last edited by george kings; May 27, 2007 at 10:38 PM.