Thread: Recruiting more men

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Recruiting more men

King Kong (the man), were you thinking of recruiting more men to help you with the mod? I know all great mods have a wast community of modders involed in the project. Like EB or RTR, 30 - 50 men doing their stuff. You don't need so many but a skillful team maybe.

Just a thought.

Default Re: Recruiting more men

yeah if he needs some help, he should make a sticky asking for it,
    and iam sure that there is some members, that could add with something.

but i have also seen other mods that where in need of help.

Hir Sir Nicholas,

Sorry for the late reponse to this topic, but I have overlooked it, somehow...
    Well, the idea is not bad of course. However, it can also make things a lot more difficult. I think the coordination the mod projects is a lot more difficult and I also think this can even create more bugs.
    I mean all things of a mod a releated to another one. The map is important for the factions, scripts are important for the map and balance, the AI army production depends also on the map and of the different building description and mercenary files; and so on...
    Of course, I am using also the work of some other modders and I'm very glad about that, however the advantage of this method is that I could choose if it fits my mod or not...
    Also you can see the queries of some of the "big" future mods which have a lot of people involved, which make relatively slow progress, imo.
    Nevertheless, I already got a few very nice offers to help from some guys and when there is some "seperate" work that has to be done, I would be glad, of course, to get some help...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Hir Sir Nicholas,

Sorry for the late reponse to this topic, but I have overlooked it, somehow...
    Well, the idea is not bad of course. However, it can also make things a lot more difficult. I think the coordination the mod projects is a lot more difficult and I also think this can even create more bugs.
    I mean all things of a mod a releated to another one. The map is important for the factions, scripts are important for the map and balance, the AI army production depends also on the map and of the different building description and mercenary files; and so on...
    Of course, I am using also the work of some other modders and I'm very glad about that, however the advantage of this method is that I could choose if it fits my mod or not...
    Also you can see the queries of some of the "big" future mods which have a lot of people involved, which make relatively slow progress, imo.
    Nevertheless, I already got a few very nice offers to help from some guys and when there is some "seperate" work that has to be done, I would be glad, of course, to get some help...
    Ja, genau. All true mate. Good luck!

Hellmut34's Avatar Miles

When i hear that some teams consist of huge amounts of people then it makes me realise what a monumental effort this must have been by king kong to achieve this..

I have to say that it's now the only mod i play and that Mtw2 has become my favourite game because of this mod.

You keep doing it by yourself King, then it's your brainchild and no one elses.

A little maiming never hurt anybody