Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tearing up the Patrician rank

Civitate

Default Re: Tearing up the Patrician rank

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    If its for purely ceremonial purposes (a buffer rank is not ceremonial and is a lot more than ceremonial) then no, not really - tradition is an enemy of progress. We're looking to abolish the Divus, Opifex, and maybe even Senatorii ranks because of it and making them medals - Patrician should not be an exception if it serves no purpose.
    As a medal, what would it be awarded for?
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Good contribution, probably - in the end its got so many medal-overlaps, unless it serves a purpose as a rank, it should be abolished absolutely.

deRougemont's Avatar Yeoman

So the stonewalling on the reform of the rank's requirements leads to this debate again. I won't support until the rank is at least given a chance to mean something (I won't go into detail, I've explained dozens of times). Try to make something of it before getting rid of it, that's my advice. Until then, I oppose.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imb39 View Post
    I'd convert it so that CdC members hold the rank - it becomes a rank denoting a certain function that way.

Why not make it a Curial rank only, given only to those who make good/continuous ect ect.. contributions to the Curia...

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by imb39 View Post
    I'd convert it so that CdC members hold the rank - it becomes a rank denoting a certain function that way.
    That leaves the question whether the patrician rank should remain in other contexts as well: would bills still require patrician, in that case CdeC members', support?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    If its for purely ceremonial purposes (a buffer rank is not ceremonial and is a lot more than ceremonial) then no, not really - tradition is an enemy of progress. We're looking to abolish the Divus, Opifex, and maybe even Senatorii ranks because of it and making them medals - Patrician should not be an exception if it serves no purpose.
    Blasphemy!!
    "Consular" Spartan, Vassal of Siblesz
    Lord of lt1956, & Vercingetorix, Founder House of Spartae
    §§TWC's Father of Modding§§ §§ RulersoftheSea.com §§
    "The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, & power over nothing" - Herodotus

Interesting Thread. Similar issue, different time... a necro thread to savor... Let us walk down memory lane....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12