Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Classic 10.0 Download, updated June 7th!

Default Re: MTW Classic 8.0 Released, 1.2 compatible

Quote Originally Posted by ramtha View Post

The reason for the freeze... too many reasons possible...

Could be incorrectly using the mod batch, but you seem more knowledgeable than to make that mistake.

Could be incompatibility with your custom battles, and campaign perhaps...

perhaps you are using a unit_models folder with the battle_models.db inside of it, in your mtw2 data folder... if this is the case, then that could be why...
    It worked!! it seems that it failed because of the faction i used. i was trying the default factions, scotland and England, but i realized you had said that the scots were not in the mod, so maybe it was that? With spain against bizs and moors it worked OK.

The pikemen work nice. Still some of the problems i said above, but much better overall, strong yet not undefeteable. No surprise i could not get that results in my test, my other units were too weak.

I have noticed that "swiss armoured pikemen" formerly swiss guards, are practically invincible... I sort of made them that way, but when I had 3 units of royal mamluks in custom battle attack one unit of swiss armoureds from all flanks and rear they didn't lose anymore than 5 soldiers, and the royal mamluks died completely til they routed...it's sort of cool this way, but who knows. (only the swiss armoured pikes have that ability).
    When i were testing i got a conclusion: The animations are the problem. The atackers get hit by pikes, with better stas they donīt die, but they make the "hit but still alive animation". With so many pikes around, they are always being hit, so they have little time to advance or atack. When i put swordmen against (1/0) stat pikemen back then, the pikemen killed swordmen very slowly, but the swordmen got very few kills too, always making like if they were dying, but not dying (it takes a lot of attacks from a 1 att unit to kill a 28 def unit).

If it could be changed so the animations used when a unit appears to be hit but is not(most have just 1 HP, so if they appear to be hit but donīt die, they are not hit at all) are faster, or just not used (only anims. for dying), the balance of pikemen would be much easier to tweak, even with spearwall
    But it seems weīre still very far from 1.3, maybe with kingdoms...

Anyways, i really wanted to see some REAL pikemen that were not terminators (at least not all of them), it took a long time but saw them at last, good work

One advice: if you have problems with an overpowered pikeman, think that when using pikes, small increases of stats (mainly att for pikemen, itīs strange, for units atacking them it seems def is better) seems to have greater effect than with other units, so they need more precise balance, and they perform much better than it looks from their stats (and this difference between stats and power grows VERY fast with higher stats)

PS: I liked the different eras, really missed them in MTW2

Thanks for your liking the mod and for your input Euskai.

I wasn't in knowledge that animations of pikes would do that, Perhaps in the next release I can decrease the attack of them by a little for the appropriate pikemen if it may balance it better.

Thank you.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

I just recognized this mod - why are you nod in the mod section? I will try it out immediately. Seems like a very good idea to me to recreate MTW1.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Thanks for great job. I thinks that your mod need some bug -fix and unit rebalance.

1. some-bug : Game setting is not stored. Whenenver i started this mod, i find last game setting is still not saved.(graphic detail, unit size, cameta view etc). Some rare crash happened, when i attacked enemy.

2. Unit balance:

1) pikemen : No other melee unit can't beat it. Even noble/funeral foot knight cannot beat pikemen. I think that all pikemen can concentrate their spear to neareast 1 enemy. So it is better that only 3~4 row man can attack enemy.And they are so tight formation. So No other unit can beat their formation.

2) weak cavalry charge : Even lancer cannot penetrate the wall of weak infantry and archer. I think late carvaly have more powerfull charge and armour protection. not melee attack.

Anyway your mod is very good idea. So i hope you make more fantastic mod.

1) pikemen : No other melee unit can't beat it. Even noble/funeral foot knight cannot beat pikemen. I think that all pikemen can concentrate their spear to neareast 1 enemy. So it is better that only 3~4 row man can attack enemy.And they are so tight formation. So No other unit can beat their formation.

2) weak cavalry charge : Even lancer cannot penetrate the wall of weak infantry and archer. I think late carvaly have more powerfull charge and armour protection. not melee attack.
    What pikemen are you refering to?
    Regular pikemen will lose against about any sword/polearm/axe infantry, if you're refering to swiss pikes or tercios then even they will struggle to beat foot knights, mostly will lose...by my observations.

I understand if you see maybe pikes are too strong in a way, but I don't see them ever beat foot knights.

In the next release, it has been brought up that pike units have a better animation, meaning their animation causes an imbalance, so I was planning on decreasing their attack by a little...also would be wise to do since in mtw1 they didn't have a good attack.(Outside of swiss)

Cavalry charges were weakened intentionally, it was done so it would be given the "mtw1 slam - engage - melee" animation of cavalry charges, I love it this way, and knights can beat their dismounted counter part, so it is balanced this way...this was done by decreasing mount mass, increasing infantry mass, and decreasing charge bonuses.

I understand though that many will be disappointed by decreased cav charges, but it is intentional to display mtw1.

Thank you for your feedback, I'll do further observations of pikemen.

Oh and game setting is something I don't know how to fix, I'm sure it's not game killing though.

I just recognized this mod - why are you nod in the mod section? I will try it out immediately. Seems like a very good idea to me to recreate MTW1.
    Thanks, I actually asked Hader a while back if this could have it's own forum, he said no since it hasn't been out for long enough, the new rule is that mods to become a major mod need to have been anounced/released in the threads long enough.

I'm looking for artists that can make loading screens, background, and perhaps new interface, to make a more medieval feel to the game.

If anyone is interested pm me or post in here, also still looking for campaign and unit description text editors.

Hi,

I'm having problems starting an 'early' game in MTWC 8.0. Late/mid works fine. Any faction I select from 'early' results in a black screen with the M2TW cursor spinning, forever - machine can't even shut down after pressing the power button and alt-f4 won't exit. Machine has to be hard reset to recover, and there is nothing in the system.log file as to what is causing the problem. The non game/io section of the preferences file is identical between all 3 eras. Any ideas what I should look at?

That sounds like a possible problem with victory conditions... you say that when you select a different faction on the start a campaign screen and hit their icon the game shuts off?

If that's the case it sounds like early era victory conditions might be messy.

But I haven't had anyone else with that problem.

I'll look into it.

I would for one make sure you have 1.2 patch installed.

Secondly make sure you installed it right.

And thirdly make sure there's no conflicting mods in your mtw2/data folder.

No conflicting mods, got 1.2 official installed, and high/late work fine. Not sure what it is. It generates a map.rwm in the early mod folder, but whether that is left there or deleted doesn't influence whether the game works or not. Thanks for looking into it.

Two other things I've come across, this time with mercs:

#1 arquebusiers are available from the start in High, in the merc pool.

#2 there are more mercs than can be displayed in the merc pool grid, but the scroll bar doesn't work - doesn't scroll down the list of what's available. the only way to see ships, siege weapons etc seems to be to hire units out of the front of the queue til there are no more of those types remaining.

#1 arquebusiers are available from the start in High, in the merc pool.

#2 there are more mercs than can be displayed in the merc pool grid, but the scroll bar doesn't work - doesn't scroll down the list of what's available. the only way to see ships, siege weapons etc seems to be to hire units out of the front of the queue til there are no more of those types remaining.
    #1, I could've swore I fixed that merc arques appearing in earlier/high eras, if I somehow didn't I'm going to be pissed lol.

#2, yeah the scroll bar doesn't work in the mercenaries when it's filled up, this is aggrevating in a way, but it's not the mod it's the game, there's nothing that can fix that.

I looked at the early era and it seems fine, I haven't had anyone else mention it yet, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Are you sure you didn't delete any files or anything that might have done something to it?

I am pretty sure it's just a straight install - had to reinstall M2TW altogether to apply the official patch, so it was just straight M2TW > 1.2 > MTWC8. I will try a re-reinstall when I get a chance.

Yeah I don't know what more I can say, I haven't had any problem with the early era and haven't had anybody say anything about it.

I hope you can get it to work somehow.

Glad I found this mod. I get bored of my faction before getting the nice units. Will reply with feedback after I play some more. From what I already see, greatness

I'm gonna try this in the morning, if it's by you then it ought to be good. Do you want me to do add halberds for you, you asked about them before, I'll add them if you want.

I'm gonna try this in the morning, if it's by you then it ought to be good. Do you want me to do add halberds for you, you asked about them before, I'll add them if you want.
    Thanks!

I would love if you could add your armoured halberdiers to this.

That was something very crucial I needed to do for a next release version.

But I'd need it to be done from the battle.db file that comes with my mod.

If you could do it, or even attempt it I would be greatful.
    Thanks.

@Sir Dinadad, I hope you enjoy the mod!

Default Medieval Classic 8.1 Download

Medieval Classic version 8.1 is released, see the original post.

Contains renamed regions, fixed bug, and a new faction "The Lithuanians".
    Last edited by Axe-Battler; May 20, 2007 at 04:43 AM.

Thanks!

I would love if you could add your armoured halberdiers to this.

That was something very crucial I needed to do for a next release version.

But I'd need it to be done from the battle.db file that comes with my mod.

If you could do it, or even attempt it I would be greatful.
    Thanks.

@Sir Dinadad, I hope you enjoy the mod!
    Should I do what armour UGs should I do, the same as voulgiers, i was going to use the crossbowman(the French one in light mail) model and give him a halberd, the next armour UG will be the first of the 3qplates(like heavy billmen), the second ug will be the second of the 3qplates(like upgraded heavy billmen). Is this alright, do you have any specific requests as to what model you want used? I'll throw in the unit cards, unit info and stuff for them as well.

Default Re: Medieval Classic 8.1 Download

I would like their non upgraded models to be armoured already, so they will be seen as just plain halberdiers, but as "heavily armoured", As long as it's like metal looking armour it don't matter which one.

Their second armour and third upgrades doesn't matter, it doesn't even need one, in fact it could stay the same as their non upgraded model.

But I've just released a 8.1 version, with an updated battle_models.db if you could work from that one it would be great.

+rep.

Am I adding to high or late? or both?

Just saw your .db file, ever heard of a formatted model.db? Lol.
    Last edited by Serious Spamurai; May 20, 2007 at 05:15 AM.

Am I adding to high or late? or both?

Just saw your .db file, ever heard of a formatted model.db? Lol.
    Just late era, however, you only need to do one of them, and then I add it to all the eras.

So it's the same db file for all eras.

And I have a trick I use for editing the db file that makes it even easier than the formatted db file, in my opinion.

I can tell you what it is.

When you want to find a unit, you need to just search example...
    14 gothic_knights

search that, then where-ever the mouse lands, press enter, then it will take you to the next line, from there, retype what you cancelled out when you hit enter, thus...
    14 gothic_knights

then just move the mouse over to find what needs to be modded, press enter at every faction line.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast