Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Candelarius Addon Mod for TE 5.1

Default Re: Ferres Legions Addon Mod for TE GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post

Actually Candelarius might be on to something. We need a mod proof platform. I mean something on which people can`t mod or install mods. Think of how much time we`ll have to PLAY the games. All this guys who ask about how moddable the next tw game will be. Heck, I want it to be impossible to mod. Let them do the work to please us for a change.

Excellent point Florin. I like mods, but, to be honest, when I get start modding, I do become like Salvor, and ONLY mod....and not play. M2TW was different, I made my mod and then declared it DONE, and refused to do anything new. It worked, and I actually was able to play my mod for a pretty solid year just for fun. But I agree, PC games should be released fully compatible, fully stable, and not really need so much modding. But, some people like modding, so, there ya go...

Anyway, I'm having fun playing Fable (looking forward to Fable II), Bad Company, and Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth on the Xbox360, and I'm really looking forward to Tom Clancy's EndWar and Halo Wars, both of which look awesome. I played Civ on the Xbox360 and it was awesome, I actually thought it was better than the PC version....I just haven't had the money to but it yet.

And, if it makes you feel any better Florin, I did boot up Medieval 2 the night before last and played for awhile. Don't get me wrong, I still really, really, really love M2TW and I'm sure I'll be playing it for a long time to come...especially since I cannot afford to buy a new PC anytime soon...I'm just bored with it for now. (strange how I feel guilty talking about a game!)
    Last edited by Candelarius; September 18, 2008 at 12:56 PM.

Default Re: Ferres Legions Addon Mod for TE GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    What does "restung" mean? Of course the triarii will wear helmets, though.
    im sorry i dont no what i was on about!
    God dam, I wish Boromir survived

Default Re: Candelarius Addon Mod for TE 5.1

It's amazing how much has changed for me since I last posted in this thread back in September. At the time, I had stopped playing M2TW and purchased an Xbox 360 because I thought I wouldn't be able to afford a new PC that would be able to play Empire Total War. Funny thing is, I ended up hating the games available on the Xbox, bought a new PC anyway, and found that I didn't like Empire Total War in the end anyway....and I'm back to playing M2TW!

I'm not sure who I'm even talking to and I'm sure nobody cares about my personal gaming life, but, there it is anyway.

In other news, just in case somebody would still be interesting in playing this old mod of mine (I've moved on to other mods personally), and couldn't because the main TE download links are down, I've linked the files necessary : This is is the main TE 5.0 link, the 5.1 patch is here and the intro video is here.

UPDATE: NEW LINKS FOR TE
    Download links for Terrae Expugnandae:
    TE 5.0 Full
    TE 5.1 Patch
    Last edited by Candelarius; July 19, 2009 at 10:26 PM.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Don't worry I have same..albeit with PS-2 and GTA San Andreas,FF-X & XII,Xbox & Halo..heh and not got Empires as only heard negative things lol...waiting for it to improve... I also do RPG-Temple of Elemental Evil,Baldurs gate,Ice Wind Dale,Neverwinter nights ....so diverse gaming. Depends on your mood and what you think is interesting at the time? I even still play my old N64 due to Mario carts,Perfect dark and good ole C&Conquer et al. ^_*.

OK I got the patch OK,will check the file for TE 5. I had the movie,but it seemed heck so blurred???? What about your add on is it still functional-just checked the first link is OK,2nd is not working...????

I still play some RTG which is in the Morgue..oh sheesh..so old games are interesting also depends on what you like at the time? I enjoy MTW2..but got involved with RTW here because of Lusted's TE and I have not gone back to MTW2 as of yet...^_* .

Thanks Bro for downloads update.
    Last edited by Kylan271; July 13, 2009 at 01:43 AM.

Not sure what happened to my mirror, but I just deleted it. The main download link still works.

OK I got it so no probs,will keep an eye open just in case it goes again... But,darn I actually missed the patch all this time,sheesh. Working now so thanks.

It's amazing how much has changed for me since I last posted in this thread back in September. At the time, I had stopped playing M2TW and purchased an Xbox 360 because I thought I wouldn't be able to afford a new PC that would be able to play Empire Total War. Funny thing is, I ended up hating the games available on the Xbox, bought a new PC anyway, and found that I didn't like Empire Total War in the end anyway....and I'm back to playing M2TW!
    And you mean this wasn`t all predictable?

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    And you mean this wasn`t all predictable?
    Now you tell me! I was wondering how long it would take you to chime in here!

OMG how do I make it 0 turn recruitment???????

Oh...in export_descr_unit.txt,via notepad...EDIT->Replace(FindWhat) "stat_cost 1," with(ReplaceWith) "stat_cost 0," and save. Do also the 2 turn units with '1' as for the '0'.

I'm not sure who I'm even talking to and I'm sure nobody cares about my personal gaming life, but, there it is anyway.

In other news, just in case somebody would still be interesting in playing this old mod of mine (I've moved on to other mods personally), and couldn't because the main TE download links are down, I've linked the files necessary : This is is the main TE 5.0 link, the 5.1 patch is here and the intro video is here.

UPDATE: NEW LINKS FOR TE
    Download links for Terrae Expugnandae:
    TE 5.0 Full
    TE 5.1 Patch

Greetings old friend! I too have started playing RTW mods again. Going to give TE and your add-on a try. I've played TE before and your add-on looks great. Thanks for sharing it!
    Last edited by Marcus Camillus; September 05, 2009 at 01:08 AM.
    Marcus Camillus

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Camillus View Post
    Greetings old friend! I too have started playing RTW mods again. Going to give TE and your add-on a try. I've played TE before and your add-on looks great. Thanks for sharing it!
    Marcus, my old mate! Good to hear from you again. Enjoy TE, I think you'll find it a very stable, solid mod with a streamlined gameplay, and with my small tweaks, very challenging (the landbridges really help the AI). It's also a very pretty mod to look at, with highly detailed models, textures, and UI cards. Have fun. :-)
    Last edited by Candelarius; September 07, 2009 at 02:21 PM.

Just a thought pointing some newbies here to your Mod,can someone Sticky this??? I think you deserve the Sticky as hard work and well done! Both SP and TECAM deserve honour here for their work with Jack Lusted's Mod.

Hey Kylan, Candelarius, question about TE

I'm going to try and download TE 5.0, the 5.1 patch, and then TECAM. I'm also looking to add Solvo Populus, and I was wondering if Solvo and TECAM might not work together. If both are installed into TE, will it still run and be stable?

Quote Originally Posted by fierywokbar View Post
    Hey Kylan, Candelarius, question about TE

I'm going to try and download TE 5.0, the 5.1 patch, and then TECAM. I'm also looking to add Solvo Populus, and I was wondering if Solvo and TECAM might not work together. If both are installed into TE, will it still run and be stable?
    I have no idea what files Solvo Populus includes, but, if the two mods have any files in common, and they likely do, installing both mods will cause the game to completely not work. I highly recommend not doing that.

Same thoughts,as both Mods are not mod foldered so will override each other...messy. I have both,but have to unistall one to play the other. Then you have to have a clean RTW also. Try one at a time is all you can do.

Cool, thanks guys

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I went ahead a stickied this thread again. Im going through the threads looking for working mini/mods. Suggestions welcome.

GB

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

I think we should sticky TE Extreme,with TECAM and Solvus Poplus. TE Extreme in TE Gold sub folder. Divus(TE extreme) is back so maybe we can fix his mod,as has somebugs in it. So it is not wasted work.

Hope you had good Xmas holidays!

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

will this mod work on the 0.7 open beta version of TE ?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast