Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Candelarius Addon Mod for TE 5.1

Default Re: Ferres Legions Addon Mod for TE GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Goatus Boyus View Post
    Candelarius wrote: here's a 4tpy script you can download at the ORG...

Looked through the RTW downloads,could only find the one for total realisim?,will this work on TE?..or can I get a link to the right one please?

I have no idea at this poit, there used to be one somewhere...maybe I am thinking of RTR though. I'm not sure if it would work with TE, you'll need to check with Lusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo View Post
    why roman cavalry (or legionary cavalry,i don't remember well)has javelines instead of spears?or maybe i did something wrong when i installed the add-on?

Actually, now that I'm working on this mod again, I just realized this was intentional. Sorry for the confusion. The change comes from the Ferres Modding Legions pack, in which the legionary cavalry have javelins. Not sure why, I guess maybe they used them historically? Not sure....I like them though the way they are.
    Last edited by Candelarius; May 28, 2008 at 10:15 AM.

This is awesome!!!! Thanks Candelarius for making my day!

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

[QUOTE=Goatus Boyus;3113493]
    Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    There's a 4tpy script you can download at the ORG...

Looked through the RTW downloads,could only find the one for total realisim?,will this work on TE?..or can I get a link to the right one please?
    I can maybe upload this to twcenter's database if Myrdraal allows so.
    But don't know how I can get in touch with him, I know I created an account at the .org once, but it has never worked (was deleted perhaps).

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

My Last Mod....

This will be my last Rome Total War based mod. I've been involved in the RTW Modding Community since 2004, when RTW was first released. My first mod was Yakaspat's Vanilla Unified Rome Mod, next came my involvement with RTR, then The First Triumvirate, then Goth's Mod, then FRRE. I made the Extended Realism Mod for RTR, the Candelarius Addon Mod for Terrae Expugnandae, and various other mini-mods and texture packs, like the Ferres Legions Addon for TE.

But, all good things must come to an end. I am moving on to Medieval II Total War now, and will be focusing my energy on supporting my current M2TW mod, the Grand Unit Addon Mod, for the forseable future, and possible starting work on a few other M2TW based projects of my own, possible a Viking Invasion or Renaissance Mod, although I can't decide (and there are already several good ones in development).

The reason for this is that I am honestly bored with the Roman timeframe. I recently tried to revive my interest (after reading an excellent book, Roman and Her Enemies) in the period, but I'm now hopelessly addicted to the medieval era. I have no interest in the Napoleonic era, either, so it's with Medieval 2 I will focus on till the next swords-and-armor-type Total War game is announced.

With this said, I will continue to support my Ferres Legions Addon Mod for TE Gold, which is currently awaiting the TE Gold release. But once I release that, I'll be done with RTW for good (until Rome 2, of course!). Some of my mods will continue to be available, as I will leave them up on my hosting spaces, but, for the most part, I will no longer be directly supporting them, as, to save hard-drive space and to make room for other interests (noteable M2TW, I only have an 80 gig disk drive), I'll be removing RTW from my PC for the first time in nearly four years...

An End To An Era. Probably nobody even cares, but, I thought I owed this sign-off to my fellow Rome fans.

Cheers, seeya in the Medieval 2 forums!
    -Candelarius aka Yakaspat

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Ah, well thats a shame. A virtual salute to you, old chap! You've made some cracking mods, and I think we all owe you a round of applause. While I have a copy of M2TW gold, my PC cant actually run it , but I'm sure your mods will be top notch .

As for time frame.... How about an English civil war mod? Potentially a simple modification of the Britania campaign?

I salute you and all you have done to make playing RTW more enjoyable.

i look forward to your future work on M2TW and wish you luck with all your endevers.
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae - Candelarius Addon Mod [OBSOLETE]

I'm sorry I never responded to your question, mrkk. I've been away from the RTW world for awhile now
    No big deal....

I'll go ahead and package up the Modding Legions for TE Gold for myself and the community.
    Now this is a big deal

great news

please please p;ease make the triiari wear the helmets instead of restung them please
    God dam, I wish Boromir survived

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitallers Kane View Post
    please please p;ease make the triiari wear the helmets instead of restung them please
    What does "restung" mean? Of course the triarii will wear helmets, though.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Candelarius best wishes to you. I like Medieval also,so apprecite your work in that area. TE GOLD is out now,so is there a Mod now for this??? The art work is excellent. Lusted has done a good job and those that contributed i also thank.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Im going to go ahead and sticky this, though it appears the gold version release has slowed down somewhat.

Ferres Addon for TE 5.1 can still be found in post#1 of this thread.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Actually, you can probably unsticky this....I don't think I have my files for this project anymore, and, I'm probably not going to be in the mood to rebuild them from scratch again when/if Gold ever get's released considering I haven't played RTW in about six months or so. I've pretty much lost interest in this game for the time being....I've been playing the Total Wars games for years now, it's time for something new.

You mean you got tired of the tw brand all together? Not just rtw? M2 included? And what game will you mod next?

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Actually, you can probably unsticky this....I don't think I have my files for this project anymore, and, I'm probably not going to be in the mood to rebuild them from scratch again when/if Gold ever get's released considering I haven't played RTW in about six months or so. I've pretty much lost interest in this game for the time being....I've been playing the Total Wars games for years now, it's time for something new.
    sigh....ok, I guess TE is grinding to a halt. Thanks for all you have done.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Oh,lol and lol. I understand Candelarius,I'm a RPG player-AD&D etc,but get burnt out sometimes and take a rest,also family and work involvement. Strategy is new to me,so I am happy for it..even if it is painfully slow to play. I sincerely apprecite the work down by such modders as yourself and will contribute where I can in my own way,sporadic and inexperienced as I am in this area. TE is not grinding to a halt per see,it is up to the players to contribute also,same for any mod or any game for that.

Cheers ^_^(And yeah GB...I am waiting for BG series 3....)

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    You mean you got tired of the tw brand all together? Not just rtw? M2 included? And what game will you mod next?

Ouch, figures you'd see this post Florin, one of my ol' buddies!

But yeah, I'm sorta getting bored with the RTW and M2TW. Don't get me wrong, I still like them, especially M2TW which is still my favorite PC game of all time....but after playing RTW and M2TW for so many years (and face it, M2TW pretty much plays identically to RTW, howbeit I think the AI is much better), I'm finally getting to the point where each seige or open battle are beginning to feel tedious and repetitive. It's a great praise to Total War that I've been playing it for this long pretty much religiously. I got RTW back when it came out in the fall of '04...so we're talking four solid years of play on this engine. It's a great game and a great formula...I'm just ready for something new.

A couple months ago I bought an Xbox360 and have been doing the shooter-thing. I don't have much time to play games anymore, thanks to my job and other real-life time crunches, so, it's nice to be able to flip on the Xbox, get my controller, and spend some time relaxing blowing the heads off other Xbox Live gamers for half and hour before bed. PC gaming just takes so much time...loading up the PC, loading up the game, spending a couple hours playing and tinkering with the game, visiting forums, installing patches, waiting for new patches, fussing with compatibility issues, messing around figuring out why this that or the other thing isn't working correctly....Xbox games are just easier, simpler, and just as much fun to play.

Plus, I'm sick of sinking hundreds and hundreds of dollars into my PC each time a new major game comes up just so I can play the game for a few months...I'd rather spend those dollars on games than hardware.

I know I know I know....it's heresy, but, that's where I'm at right now. You know me Florin, though...I can always change my mind. Kylan though is right, sometimes a break is the best thing for something you've been playing for a long time. I'll probably get bored with my Xbox games in a few months and reinstall RTW all over again!
    Last edited by Candelarius; September 16, 2008 at 10:17 PM.

OH yeah I know,hmmm Xbox(HALO) & PS-2(FF-X&X2) and computer games...,for me. Console games are easier to play with(and quicker to switch off before the wife gets home..heh),and yep no added expenses for updates for your system,just games or new console(God I have to buy a PS-3 yet...aghhhh). Anyway if I see a guy with a Candelarius sounding name on HALO,i must remember to say hello before nuking him...^_* Hiihii.

Ouch, figures you'd see this post Florin, one of my ol' buddies!
    Wow, you`ve changed the platform too?! This is major. But I understand what you mean with the repetitiveness. I`ve always wondered how much time it will take before I get tired of the same format. So far so good though. Personally I was thinking more of Civilization as a change than a 3dshooter...
    Anyway, have fun with Xbox!

Well, I must confess that from time to time I also load my PS2 and play some Kingdom Hearts or GTA

But, I think that I have found the way to never abandon RTW games: I never play them, only mod them. As there are an infinite number of time periods that I would love to portray, I will never get bored of doing it, I guess.

Although, at some point, there is going to be nobody playing RTW mods.:hmmm: So I am going to become some sort of character from a novel of Borges: "there is a room, somewhere, in which a man creates mods for a long-abandoned computer game, that nobody is going to play"

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    Well, I must confess that from time to time I also load my PS2 and play some Kingdom Hearts or GTA

But, I think that I have found the way to never abandon RTW games: I never play them, only mod them. As there are an infinite number of time periods that I would love to portray, I will never get bored of doing it, I guess.
    Actually Candelarius might be on to something. We need a mod proof platform. I mean something on which people can`t mod or install mods. Think of how much time we`ll have to PLAY the games. All this guys who ask about how moddable the next tw game will be. Heck, I want it to be impossible to mod. Let them do the work to please us for a change.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast