Thread: I'd play it, but...

Spart's Avatar Senator

Icon2 I'd play it, but...

...It won't ****ing install.

Alright, I've been playing Medieval a lot, now I was planning to try it again, for the sake of nostalgy. I downloaded Pike&Musket mod, but apparently my game version wasn't that clean at that time, so I decided to reinstall. Then I couldn't find my Viking Invasion disc, now I'm slightly pissed off. What the heck, I found ithe gold edition at a fair price nearby and happily started installing it.

But what do you know, it says it has detected an earlier version of Medieval and it must be removed. Funnily enough, it thinks I'm able to do that. I'm rather pissed off now.

I delete every single file in my PC that has "medieval" in it's name, I ran some random registry cleaning program, to no avail. I'm really, really furious.
    Now that I have time to play this, it won't even install.

Is there any way to kill this error without reformatting the whole piece of crap?

Yup, thanks for listening, gargantuous amount of appreciation, rep, wine, beautiful virgins and a place in the mount Olympus will be awarded to whoever solves it.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Spart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: I'd play it, but...

Ah, got it! I had to manually remove some files with regedit. It only took like 15 hours to get this working.
    Nevermind, chaps!
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Yeah, I've seen a few people have that problem....they end up having to go through their computer finding and deleting every last file that might've been connected to an old install. I know from firsthand experience what a pain it can be. Glad you at least figured it out, though!
    Last edited by Martok; May 12, 2007 at 02:50 AM.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

yea ive had this problem too and im going through a similar one with a different game