Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x (+ known issues) - Read First Post!

The easiest way to "send" a save is:

Load it up on this site http://www.yourfilelink.com/ ... there you get a link after the upload, which you shall copy, and paiste it then into your thread above by using "edit post" button.

------
    Edit:
    I repeat, what i asked for in a post above: We need volunteers who would test out those saved games (see post 30 for the procedere).
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 17, 2007 at 05:08 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

This is the link for my Byzantine game:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=345735

I'm telling you, she's buggered mate!
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

Ok happened again in another game... Click end turn, it reachers the Turkish shield then it crashes... 1108 this time...

Ani and Tbilisi just don't want to be a part of Byzantium... This time I sacked the two cities, destroyed all destroyable buildings, and then left them to rebel.... The game CTD'ed.... This Ani/Tbilisi problem is a big thorn in the side of any Byzantine player..
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).

Shadow I downloaded your save to try it (it crashes after end turn). I noticed that you use QUICKSAVE.
    In the FAQ it says that it is known to give crashes.
    Do you always use that?
    Maybe that's the reason for the crashes.:hmmm:
    DaVinci will have to answer that.

Patrician Artifex

Well, the RTW autosave and quicksave has a higher potencial for RTW-caused crashes, yes, but isn't a "reliable" source, in the sense of reason, for every crash, it can just happen randomly with a higher probability, if used auto or quick save, and the probability increases, the more of these default RTW saves have been made. This is not special for Chivalry, it is general valid with RTW.

Shadow, try the following file (put it into chivalry/data), and start the last save before the crash, or just a new byz campaign.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=345930

Report back if this solves any of these occured crashes.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 18, 2007 at 12:24 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Well yes I do use quicksave, but it seems to be fine... In my latest game, I even took Jerusalem of the Turks and it worked fine, then I took Tbilisi and Ani, and the game chokes....

From now on tho, I should make a point of NOT quicksaving... I can be rather lazy l0l...

I'll try your fix now davinci.... May I ask what you changed?

Oh, here is my "I'VE CAPTURED JERUSALEM GAME!!!":
    http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=346146

Hey Dav, I'm just asking, why cannot holy places and mosques/churches be destroyed??? It makes it hell trying to convert a city... On that note... It would pay for holy places and shrines to give s slight bonus to conversion... That way Muslim, Christian and Pagan shrines and holy places would differ from one another...
    Last edited by Shadow_Imperator; June 19, 2007 at 12:07 AM.

Patrician Artifex

In the file i offered, i changed the rebel units spawning (for the certain settlements), which may be responsible for crashes.

Religion buildings: There are two kind of that buildings, one with conversion bonus and the other with negative conversion, both help to decrease the enemy belief. Some of them aren't destryable, 'cause as crusader you shall feel the real probelm of religious conflicts. In my tests, i found it too easy if you can destroy these buildings, and also, it is not very realistic, as those buildings were re-functioned to christian churches, if they were formerly mosques or synagogues etc.
    The crusades in Chivalry are the main (and big) challenge, yes, and this shall remain this way. As well, the crusades are designed to play as the classical factions, and not with Byzantines, they will have naturally more problems due to the available or not available buildings.

Patrician Artifex

@Shadow
    I still wait on a response due to your reports above (and the eventual-fix) ...

Sorry mate, I've had to leave home for a few days.... Mate of mine is leaving the country, and another is coming back from army leave....

I'll make sure to get back into CTW as soon as I get back home...

However, from what I did play, it seemed a little less 'tedious'...
    Last edited by Shadow_Imperator; June 22, 2007 at 04:36 AM.

I built a governor's palace (or whatever building it is) to make Kutaisi a minor city... Then BAM! The city felt like being Pagan... Even though 98% of the population was Christian... :/

Definitely not WAD...
    Last edited by Shadow_Imperator; July 12, 2007 at 05:30 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Imperator View Post
    I built a governor's palace (or whatever building it is) to make Kutaisi a minor city... Then BAM! The city felt like being Pagan... Even though 98% of the population was Christian... :/

Definitely not WAD...
    In ChivTW, the paganism stands for religious (and also cultural) unrest, and not necessary for a heathens belief.
    But Kutaisi (Georgia) should own the ability to build any christian church-estates (which can neutralize this unrest-effect), if not, you, Shadow, should take care for it, that i change this soon ... ... ie. by taking it into the internal (bug-)tasklist.

Look at the pic carefully Davinci, it says that the set religion of the settlement is 'Paganism', prior to the completion of the govt building, it was Christianity, as it had been for the entire game beforehand...

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Imperator View Post
    Look at the pic carefully Davinci, it says that the set religion of the settlement is 'Paganism', prior to the completion of the govt building, it was Christianity, as it had been for the entire game beforehand...
    Well, this combination looks indeed interesting ... i like it ... big unrest

But if you have built the available church-estates, then this anger should go away ... report back, if not.

I don't think the royal house traits are working properly, DaVinci. I have tried a couple of games as France and Armenia and in both of them all of my family members that are not the faction leader and faction heir get the trait "not a member of the royal house" even when they are! Is anyone else having such problems? I didn't read the previous bug posts.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    I don't think the royal house traits are working properly, DaVinci. I have tried a couple of games as France and Armenia and in both of them all of my family members that are not the faction leader and faction heir get the trait "not a member of the royal house" even when they are! Is anyone else having such problems? I didn't read the previous bug posts.
    These traits are in use since version, i believe, no. 0.6x, last year, and they work perfectly as they should (you can't compare them direct to what you now experienced within the Sicilian Vespers Mod traits if you eventually relate these to them).

Alright, I'll take your word for it. (I wasn't comparing to the SicilianVespers ones)
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Version: 0.96
    Exe: BI 1.6
    Faction/s: England
    -----------

Custom Battle Mode: No
    ---------------------------

Campaign Mode: Yes
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: not a CTD, but a fatal freeze.
    - Ctd repeatable: Yes, when I reloaded I tried the same thing again, and it froze again.
    - Units: two trebuchets, one as captain
    - Location and kind of Battle: field battle just SE of Milano
    - Year/Season w or s (winter or summer): Summer
    - Saved game used: yes
    - Script enabled: no

Other bugs: no

So, what happened was my trebuchets were attacked by the Italians from the north east, we go into the battle, I move my trebuchets to the north west corner, I group them and use formation 7 via "shift + 7", then I reform my trebuchets with my mouse, at which point it freezes.

I figured it was something to do with the formation.

Patrician Artifex

Excellent report, just how i hoped to get them always (as described in post 1)

Well, as you can see (via the bug report thread and elsewhere), we have no ctd's (or any freezes) since the last 0.95 hotfixes (around february/march 2007).

But, what you describe here is what i somewhere read already: a players formations file issue.

It seems, we have actually a problem with the players formation file. I personally never use this, and also it wasn't ever a point in our massive beta-tests, so we haven't put an eye on that, at no point of the development

The temporary solution is just to not apply the players formations, respectively its shortkeys (micromanaging the battles is the way).

We'll have though a look at this item. Thanks for your report.

P.S. You could try the following: Copy the players formations file from your RTW directory/data into Chivalry's data folder, overwrite (backup though the Chiv players formations file, just in case).
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 03, 2008 at 12:16 PM.

It's nothing to worrisome, I'll never use formation #7 again. I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

I just wanted to bring a sort of bug to your attention, I recently attacked Syracuse, and certain parts of the wall weren't like the rest, I took screen shots:

You can see it is only on the corners. This isn't how it looks for regular castles, only for the cities.

The (B) in the Catholic culture description refers to it being internally Barbarian. Otherwise, this is an unedited game. I haven't attacked any other cities with stone walls, but I'm guessing it is this way for all Catholic cities.