Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Chivalry I : Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x - Read First Post!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Eventually update your build to the last available patched version: 0.99.10(.1)
    Is this version saved game compatible with .99.03, because im still running that because I dont want to mess up a good campaign I have going.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

It isn't, as described in the release post
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I wasnt sure if that applied for this one because when I looked last it had no desrciption, but that was a while ago. Doesnt matter, I just had an epic failed(detailed in post your empires), so I'm getting the patch anyway. Time for a third whack at the Sicilian bush(no jokes please).

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by USC_Trojans View Post
    I wasnt sure if that applied for this one because when I looked last it had no desrciption, but that was a while ago. Doesnt matter, I just had an epic failed(detailed in post your empires), so I'm getting the patch anyway. Time for a third whack at the Sicilian bush(no jokes please).
    How jokes, Norman-Sicily is one the most interesting factions to play!
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

i always thought it was strange there were Normans on Sicily, but seeing that the invasion of England (William The Conquerer) was Norman too....i GUESS i know where the mafia comes from hahahaha...uhm, sorry, no jokes, i remember

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    How jokes, Norman-Sicily is one the most interesting factions to play!
    The word bush tends to create jokes, and not because of president bush.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

The Normans were sort of the raiders/mercs de jour of the 11th century. They even served in Varagainan Guard
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Ok, ive come full circle. The first problem I ever had with Chiv was changing preferences because I didnt like the minimal UI, but now I want to change back to it but cant. My preferences.txt file shows minimal_ui:TRUE, but it doesnt change it in game. Plus the unit arrows and banners are there when they are supposed to be disabled. I have no clue what to do and Ive tried everything.

dont some preferences require a new campaign to take effect?
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 15, 2009 at 09:36 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by USC_Trojans View Post
    Ok, ive come full circle. The first problem I ever had with Chiv was changing preferences because I didnt like the minimal UI, but now I want to change back to it but cant. My preferences.txt file shows minimal_ui:TRUE, but it doesnt change it in game. Plus the unit arrows and banners are there when they are supposed to be disabled. I have no clue what to do and Ive tried everything.
    Are you using the preferences folder within the chivalry modfolder? That's required to take effect, and this must work: preferences.txt in folder chivalry/preferences.
    Only files that are in the chiv modfolder can overwrite the RTW vanilla files.

dont some preferences require a new campaign to take effect?
    Yes, such like for example unit size, but not minimal_ui or banners.

This isnt a bug or anything, just looks like unit info got placed on the wrong unit. Not a big deal since its not an imporant unit, just wanted to point it out though.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patrician Artifex

Thanks, i will look into it. The description '...nubian archer...' seems wrong placed.

Edward lV's Avatar Campidoctor

When units run out of movement points or waits in ambush the army animation thing dissapears. this screen may explain better:

sorry if someones mentioned this before or if this is intentional
    ps.great mod

Im playing as the romans and i noticed you cant build churchs in asia minor except in couple cities. and the island south of greece for some reason converted to islam for no reason the conversion was in christainties favor and the breakdown was to. so is it intentional or is something wrong.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by twking View Post
    When units run out of movement points or waits in ambush the army animation thing dissapears. this screen may explain better:

sorry if someones mentioned this before or if this is intentional
    ps.great mod
    In others words: Obviuosly you got the mod going, eh? The last former post from you was an error message report before you could enter the campaign
    Next time, a short feedback to the said post and my replies to them would be a nice gesture, just to express that everything is okay now.

The disappearing animation is known (and is considered as a very minor issue, but if somebody is ever able to change this, then good, if not, then it's also okay as well imo., because it is not something that breaks the game fun, it never worried me at least). The reason for this is, that ChivTW has just these special unique strat-unit animations, since the first campaign release in 2006, the makers of that feature aren't around anymore).
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 31, 2009 at 08:36 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    Im playing as the romans and i noticed you cant build churchs in asia minor except in couple cities. and the island south of greece for some reason converted to islam for no reason the conversion was in christainties favor and the breakdown was to. so is it intentional or is something wrong.
    The building capabilities are limited, yes, it's intentional as of yet.
    The conversion you mention: here i would need details to judge on it, but obviously the muslim influence was stronger as the christian influence, otherwise that would not occur.

Munster_King's Avatar Laetus

Im a amature at this (first post!!) but i need help.... iv downloaded usin winrar an then put da folder into rtw file. i hav the anthology rtw collection so i used da shortcut gold pack. everything was going well until i tried to enter campaign it went bck to windows screen..... i then tried custom battle and the same happened
    Pleaz help!!!!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Munster_King View Post
    Im a amature at this (first post!!) but i need help.... iv downloaded usin winrar an then put da folder into rtw file. i hav the anthology rtw collection so i used da shortcut gold pack. everything was going well until i tried to enter campaign it went bck to windows screen..... i then tried custom battle and the same happened
    Pleaz help!!!!
    Welcome to the forums

Your normal RTW shortcut doesn't work for mods, in case you tried that. If you tried a contained chiv-shortcut, and this failed, then the path is incorrect, means doesn't work for your Chiv-RTW folder location.

Please post the path of your RTW directory, where the chivalry modfolder is located (open the RTW folder and copy the concerning windows-directory-path).

Please use the sticky 'install issues' thread, as your theme has nothing to do with bugs.

I can give you the exact shortcut-path, that you need to insert into the chiv-shortcut (which is contained in the chivalry folder), if you post the said path.
    Alternative, you can create a new desktop shortcut by yourself, but also this needs the same path.

Additionally i recommend to read accurate everything what's stated in the 'main release' thread (the sticky thread where you've downloaded) under the sections 'install instructions'.
    There are descriptions about the game-start, besides the info that is to find in the chivalry folder in the included shortcut folder.

If you generally don't know how to customise the shortcut-path: Right-click on the shortcut -> click properties -> you see the editable path lines
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 31, 2009 at 08:37 PM.

========================

Version: Pre 1.0
    Exe: RTW 1.5
    Faction/s: Armenia FTW!
    -----------

Campaign Mode: CTD's every 5-10 minutes
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: It occurs right before the battle occurs. I believe after clicking "fight battle button"
    - Ctd repeatable: Hmm, The same battle does not CTD but every other does
    - Units: Armenia Merc Cav, Generals,Levy Inf, Arm. Akritai, Archers |||Grand Seljuks Jund Inf.,
    Bedouin and Arab Calvary, General, Saracen Heavy Inf,Arab Tribesmen.
    - Location and kind of Battle: Only map battles. It doesn't CTD with sieges.
    - Year/Season w or s (winter or summer): Either
    - Saved game used/reloaded: yes
    - Optional show_me script implemented/enabled: no

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can provide more info.
    Pingpong

Patrician Artifex

Battle mode and faction related ... should be a little thing.

I'll look into Armenians/Grand-Seljuks unit roster codes ... .

You can check this out as well, if you try every unit that participated, in the custom battle mode.

Btw., are you sure you have installed the mod correct?

Edit: Look also at the next post.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 02, 2009 at 05:15 PM.