Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x - Read First Post!

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Light View Post
    I've deleted the "map.rwm" from the folders and started a new campaign..
    now the game shut down and send this message "The RomeTW-BI.exe found a problem and need to be closed".
    after this I went to the folders and I saw that a new map.rwm has been created.
    Strange strange. You must have patched in a wrong way. Actually i checked the uploaed files twice, a minute ago onnce more. There is no issue with the error you're getting. I recommed apply the installation once more:

- Delete the entire chivalry folder
    - Check if your vanilla RTW 1.5/BI 1.6 works as usually
    - install the chivalry 0.98 folder into your RTW folder
    - then the patches in the right order .11, .11a, .11b. You must overwrite the installed chivalry folder with the patch-chivalry folders!
    - start the Main Campaign
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 18, 2008 at 11:32 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

My game CTD's after every battle I have with a Byzantine general's bodyguard unit. Also, there appears to be a problem with the model/skin of the general himself.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Patrician Artifex

Guys, there is nothing wrong with the Byz general/captain model, it's changed since .11a patch, and this model was formerly applied for another purpose, and there wasn't ever a problem (you are the second one who mentions an issue, but there is no issue if the patches are properly installed, for sure).

See here, if they are different in your game to this model, then you have patched the game in a wrong way.

The mounted model, the guy with the golden armour.

The foot model, the guy with the golden armour.

Both are the same models.
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 18, 2008 at 10:51 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Hi, I just installed this mod on RTW 1.5. I started a campaign with the Seljuk Turks and within my second turn, when I was entering a battle with a rebel army, as the game was loading to go to the battle screen, I encountered the following error: filename doesn't exist: data/models_building/offmap_city_roman.cas
    This error would pop up and send me to desktop and kept popping up a few times, before the game eventually quit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: My original game isn't working either. It crashes to desktop when I try to save my load game or start a new campaign (before entering the campaign screen)
    Last edited by SaadHabib; October 22, 2008 at 05:59 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Sounds like a wrong installation.
    Please make sure that you have read the install and game start instructions accurate.

The installation is quite easy, just add the chivalry modfolder into an unmodified RTW 1.5 folder (or BI 1.6).
    Provide the needed desktop shortcut as per instructions and play.
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 22, 2008 at 05:59 PM.

I have noticed the same thing with the byzantine general, he has a purple sword and arms.

Patrician Artifex

He carries a mace, see above the screenshot. You guys have then to wait on the next update (full mod folder it will be, so it will be secured, that the correct model is available, if there is now a problem in your installs).
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 01, 2008 at 07:22 PM.

Onkel_Helmut's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Btw., it would be good if you try to reproduce this issue ... if you have the time, then just play the same campaign once more.

Still some notes:
    Eventually check once more if you have put the the patch chiv folder actually into the RTW folder, as i already said, it needs to overwrite the former version, and of course it is not saved-game compatible.

I haven't the time to create the last public version atm., but some day i'll check your save
    There are 3 dl's of your save, so eventually another one is faster.
    Hello!
    After a couple of weeks (I also don't have much sparetime) I could reproduce the situation. I made a new Installation and I did it with the same steps and this time nothing happened - no ctd.
    I don't know why, but now I'm glad that I can continue my "work" ;-).

Patrician Artifex

Good to hear, thanks.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by hammy the hamster View Post
    I have noticed the same thing with the byzantine general, he has a purple sword and arms.
    Once more a closer screenshot of the byz general/captain model

No purple sword or arms ... i hope, you have not installed on a pre-0.98 ChivTW folder? See the instructions eventually once more.
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 01, 2008 at 07:24 PM.

maybe, I also have some unit cards missing + descriptions etc, particularly for the turkish factions.

Patrician Artifex

If you know you have installed 0.98+patches over a former 0.9x chivalry folder, then i recommend to remove the current chiv folder, and to install the 0.98fullmodfolder+patches fresh into the RTW directory (the 0.98 full modfolder install instructions say: do not overwrite an old chiv modfolder installation or in other words remove/rename just such an older chiv modfolder).
    If the fresh chiv installation is the same path as before you can further use the current shortcut.
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 04, 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Every game at around 1098 AD the game crashes. I've reinstalled Rome total war, chivalry, I've instaleld all the patches correctly, everything. But every single game, regardless of faction, the game crashes at 1098 AD. I tried to load up the autosave again, I hit end turn and then bam, game crashes again.

Anyone else getting this issue? I have Gold Edition.

Patrician Artifex

Hmm :hmmm: we will check this out soon, again.

You have still (for now) the option to install the older version 0.96, which is ctd-free (release-thread-bottom area), and not that bad. The most fans we had anyway with the version 0.50 times, already 2006, so you can be sure, also 0.96 is very worth to play.

See here, if they are different in your game to this model, then you have patched the game in a wrong way.
    I have the same problem. The general has a blue sword, blue face and messed up shield etc.

Will try to reinstall and go again.

EDIT:

Nope, the problem remains after a fresh install. Here's a screenshot:

Last edited by Joar; November 15, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Joar, thanks a lot that you uploaded the screenshot, that made the thing clear (the game still called the old model).
    Indeed i forgot to have one changed file included in 0.98.11b.

I've just added the fix for this model appearence issue:
    0.98.11c is in the 0.98 patch thread available, that will solve the thing.

Joar, thanks a lot that you uploaded the screenshot, that made the thing clear (the game still called the old model).
    Indeed i forgot to have one changed file included in 0.98.11b.

I've just added the fix for this model appearence issue:
    0.98.11c is in the 0.98 patch thread available, that will solve the thing.
    Great, downloading now.

EDIT: Yes, that did the trick. Thanks for such a quick patch!
    Last edited by Joar; November 16, 2008 at 04:20 AM.

great thanks, is it save compatible?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by hammy the hamster View Post
    great thanks, is it save compatible?
    Yes.

(I will add the hint to the patzch thread, thanks).

Hmm :hmmm: we will check this out soon, again.

You have still (for now) the option to install the older version 0.96, which is ctd-free (release-thread-bottom area), and not that bad. The most fans we had anyway with the version 0.50 times, already 2006, so you can be sure, also 0.96 is very worth to play.
    Is 0.96 much different than 0.98?