Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x (+ known issues) - Read First Post!

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
    That what you play now is our internal beta ;-)
    "Internal" is good, since it isn't longer internal

@ Zydrius, it would help if you start a new camp with the .02 update and again with the East Roman Empire, and just look out for a repeating ctd in the same turns as you reported or also later.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 21, 2008 at 02:55 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

no problems so far (playing Byzantines and Fatimids). I like what you did with this mod. Is thier any chance you could drop the Zirids for the Irish?
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of Ulster View Post
    no problems so far (playing Byzantines and Fatimids). I like what you did with this mod. Is thier any chance you could drop the Zirids for the Irish?
    Sorry, no chance. But this doesn't mean that i don't like the Irish, it has complete other reasons.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Tiro

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x - Read First Post!

Strange looking Hippeis shields, especially those two in the right:

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    Strange looking Hippeis shields, especially those two in the right:
    Ups, seems the slave texture/model isn't updated ... thanks.

EDIT
    If you wanna fix this by yourself: Open descr_model_battle, and search for ...
    type thematic_cavalry
    skeleton fs_hc_spearman, fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture parthia, chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_hippeis.tga
    texture slave, chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_hippeis.tga
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_hippeis.cas, 12
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_hippeis_med.cas, 25
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_hippeis_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_hippeis_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite parthia, 60.0, chivalry/data/sprites/thematic_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, chivalry/data/sprites/thematic_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    ...and change the bold part as above.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 22, 2008 at 10:16 AM.

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

HI! Has Installed the version of the modification 0.98 + fix, campaign main begins, but does not begin the campaign provincial for crusader, for instance. What than problems, and what play added the scenario? Excuse me for my ваd english.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gorby View Post
    HI! Has Installed the version of the modification 0.98 + fix, campaign main begins, but does not begin the campaign provincial for crusader, for instance. What than problems, and what play added the scenario? Excuse me for my ваd english.
    No need to excuse, i understand the question.
    My question to you is: Did you read the release info?
    Obviously not ... the Crusader Epoche campaign isn't playable in this version, and will be content of the rel. 1.0.

Patrician Artifex

I need playtest-results until ca. 1120 AD or still longer.

I'm in doubt, that the campaign mode is already 100% stable.

Unlike to the older versions (0.50 and 0.60-0.95/6), which were actually stable, as we had indeed player-reports who finished the campaign or played to the end-date, it is not certain, that you won't get a crash in the later turns (since a lot details are changed compared to those older versions). It is in work to fix every possible bug, but we need reports from players, too.

Certain so far is that the Battle Mode is ctd-free (in Campaign and in Custom Battle Mode).
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 24, 2008 at 05:37 AM.

Es Arkajae's Avatar Foederatus

Beta 98.00 report.

I've noticed that several Generals within the same faction have different types of unit mounts as bodyguards (not just High Nobles anymore), I think I remember it being discussed somewhere that this was deliberate in which case great. I thought the HRE bodygaurds in Italy upgrading to Lombard knights was cool.

Only problem is in the case of Sicily is that three of the Generals have Siculo-Norman Knights (not Nobles ) as bodyguards, and these units have an upkeep cost of almost or in excess of 1,000 florins. Thats almost 3,000 florins upkeep on just these three units right from turn one. I had to place them all on a ship and send them off to Malta to die herocially so that I could get out of debt on turn three.
    "Man has killed man from the beginning of time, and each new frontier has brought new ways and new places to die. Why should the future be different?"- Col. Corazon Santiago.
    "No Conqueror has ever suffered one pang of remorse over a surplus of victory"- Xenophon.
    "Ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant"- Tacitus.

Patrician Artifex

Thats almost 3,000 florins upkeep on just these three units right from turn one. I had to place them all on a ship and send them off to Malta to die herocially so that I could get out of debt on turn three.

What, they didn't get over the Maltese garrison?

Is fixed in the meantime

Btw., knights are nobles, and they reflect the vasalls of the Noblemen and High Noblemen characters, just the lesser noble ones (and sometimes become also high nobles, as if you want so, any Nobleman in this game is a knight-class-member).
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM.

Es Arkajae's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post

What, they didn't get over the Maltese garrison?
    Well if the auto-resolve hadn't killed 'em I'm sure some deliberatly bad generaling or a Byzantine fleet could have.

Is fixed in the meantime

Btw., knights are nobles, and they reflect the vasalls of the Noblemen and High Noblemen characters, just the lesser noble ones (and sometimes become also high nobles, as if you want so, any Nobleman in this game is a knight-class-member).
    I'm aware of the historical particulars of feudalism and knighthood mate, I was just going by the different titles on the unit cards you bloody spelling nazi.
    "Man has killed man from the beginning of time, and each new frontier has brought new ways and new places to die. Why should the future be different?"- Col. Corazon Santiago.
    "No Conqueror has ever suffered one pang of remorse over a surplus of victory"- Xenophon.
    "Ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant"- Tacitus.

Patrician Artifex

you bloody spelling nazi.

Hope this is only a bad joke by a kangaroo-crocodile-camel-hunting-and-eating young, and therefor with too much testosteron, australian, plus probably who still thinks, in germany have nazis the say
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 24, 2008 at 03:36 PM.

Foederatus

Faction: HRE
    Version: 0.98.02

Rome total war gold edition - Bi.exe 1.6

Advisor scricpt and tree mod active

I get an ctd in different moments during the ai turn between winter 1085 und summer 1086. In this turn the ai is very active and makes me two diplomatic offers and hungary attacks wien.But the turn never finishes..

i have restarted with different savegames and it is everytime the same.

Is there anything special between 1085 and 1086
    Last edited by domgr; July 25, 2008 at 12:15 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Not that i'm aware of.

Perhaps check HRE out with a new camp start and then without the show_me script.

But i think that i will release this weekend a new 0.98.0x update, possible, that this ctd is gone then.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 25, 2008 at 05:35 AM.

Foederatus

Ok.
    i will try a new start though i hate newstarting a campaign. It`s like walking in old footprints.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by domgr View Post
    Ok.
    i will try a new start though i hate newstarting a campaign. It`s like walking in old footprints.
    Or just wait on the new update, perhaps due today, this evening, middle european time. It'll have signifikant fixes (plus new additions and tweaks/changes).

Foederatus

save game compatible?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by domgr View Post
    save game compatible?
    Sorry, of course not.

Hint:
    You can never count with a saved game compatible update, if camp files or traits/ancs andthelike is updated.

0.98.05 is up

Patrician Artifex

Playtesting-results with 0.98.06 are welcome ... at best 50-60 years (or more) in the campaign.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you for this great game.
    One question: Are christians(barbarians) supposed to get the MuslimPiety trait. I have Antioch as England. Some familymembers are now both christians and muslims.
    I started the campaign with 0.98.05 then after .06 came out I added that. I have not had any CTD:s yet in the game(anno 1105).