Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

Icon9 Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x - Read First Post!

Hi there.

First of all, I just got this mod a few weeks ago and I love it. However, I am getting a ctd in my campaign mode that I was wondering if there's a fix for.

Basically, I have been playing the campaign as the English and the year is 1146 A.D. Everything has been fine up until this point, but now when I End Turn, I get a ctd whenever it reaches the turn of "al-Fatimiyyun" (Egypt?). I believe I have the latest version 0.98 and the most recent patch. I also installed Chivalry on an unmodded, clean version of RTW 1.5.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ctd, or skip their turn?

Thank you.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x - Read First Post!

Did you consider as you updated the installation, that the update files weren't saved game compatible? (Means, that if you reloaded your save after updating and played through the campaign from 1072 to 11xx AD, then it can be very much the cause for your repeating ctd).

Please check the first post (or your update files), and tell me which version you are running.

EDIT

If you haven't done what i asked above, means you have a proper updated campaign, then please try to attach the save that ctd's in the next turn or just a few turns before. I wanna check it out if it is reproducable.
    (The save files are in the save folder in chivalry, you should zip this file, and then you can attach it into the thread/post, or just load it up on a free server, and set the link into the post).

And welcome to the forums
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 14, 2008 at 10:44 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

hi there, exellent mod, it runs fine but als i go to battle it crashes en it give a error data\vegation\(null)

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi Muzzle!

I dont think I have seen this error before. Do you have other mods installed.
    Mods that change vanilla-vegitation.

the other mod's i have deleted i have r'rinstalled rome total war using the repair option

the other mod's i have deleted i have r'rinstalled rome total war using the repair option
    Chivalry is modfoldered and can happily coexist with other mods. The only problem occurs if you have mods installed which are not modfoldered. Mods that come to mind are
    I think. Europa Barbarorum, Roma Surrectum, Troy total war and SPQR.

Good lock with installation. Dont forget to read the downloadthreads

i have it solved i make a mistake i have deleted everthing en installed it again and it runs fine

Great! Enjoy the game

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Today I tried Chiv 0.98.11b for the first time (the last version I played was 0.96), and an old friend reared its ugly head. Plus a new one.

Start: Form Bugreport Chivalry
    ========================

Version: 0.98.11b
    Exe: BI 1.6
    Faction/s: Byzantium, though probably others as well, from previous experience
    -----------

Custom Battle Mode: Byzantine captain and general skins are bugged (they don't look right)
    ---------------------------
    - Ctd: No
    - Units: Byzantine general and captain

Campaign Mode: No
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: n/a
    - Ctd repeatable: n/a
    - Units: n/a
    - Location and kind of Battle: n/a
    - Year/Season w or s (winter or summer): n/a
    - Saved game used/reloaded: n/a
    - Optional show_me script implemented/enabled: n/a

Other bugs: The Provincial Inn bug that I experienced on 0.96 is back. With any faction that I choose, when I train a unit at a provincial inn, the building itself vanishes and the unit is not trained. This happens consistently. After quitting the game, I received an error message along the lines of, "Unrecognised id urban militia requested", so I assume that this may be connected.

End: Form Bugreport Chivalry

Onkel_Helmut's Avatar Laetus

Good Morning! :-)
    Before I report "my" bug, I just can say congratulations for this great mod! I like it very much. Keep up the great work! :-)
    My bug is very similar to the quoted bug above.

Quote Originally Posted by Dero View Post
    Hi there.

First of all, I just got this mod a few weeks ago and I love it. However, I am getting a ctd in my campaign mode that I was wondering if there's a fix for.

Basically, I have been playing the campaign as the English and the year is 1146 A.D. Everything has been fine up until this point, but now when I End Turn, I get a ctd whenever it reaches the turn of "al-Fatimiyyun" (Egypt?). I believe I have the latest version 0.98 and the most recent patch. I also installed Chivalry on an unmodded, clean version of RTW 1.5.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ctd, or skip their turn?

Thank you.
    My report:

Version: Civalry 0.98 11b ( when the bug ocurred the first time, it was 0.98 11a, but after patching with 0.98 11b it's still the same)
    Exe: RTW BI 1.6
    Faction/s: Holy Roman Empire
    -----------

Custom Battle Mode: No

Campaign Mode: yes
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: yes. End Turn Summer 1102, every time when it's the turn of "al-Fatimiyyun", I get an Ctd.
    - Ctd repeatable: yes. I tried several things. First my savegame. Then the Autosave, which saved the game 20 seconds later. Also I tried to change some things in the game (e.g. cancel buildings, change Unit positions on the map), to take any effect, but the CTD is still exactly the same.
    - Units:
    - Location and kind of Battle:
    - Year/Season: 1102 summer (end turn)
    - Saved game used/reloaded: your entry (yes or no)

That's it. I'm glad that also another player had that Problem, because I was already a little bit desperated ;-)

Greetings :-)

Patrician Artifex

Thanks for the reports.

@Zenith D
    Custom Battle Mode: Byzantine captain and general skins are bugged (they don't look right)
    Unknown, but we will look into this. Screenshot available?

The Provincial Inn bug that I experienced on 0.96 is back. With any faction that I choose, when I train a unit at a provincial inn, the building itself vanishes and the unit is not trained. This happens consistently.
    As well unknown, but we'll take a look as well.

After quitting the game, I received an error message along the lines of, "Unrecognised id urban militia requested", so I assume that this may be connected.
    Not connected, i guess. The message can only happen, if you have not started the Main Campaign mode first after the installation, and have instantly played the Custom Mode. And, the Additional Campaign leads to this message too and ctd's. I believe, i described this in the instructions of the Release thread.
    However, i'll solve the "militia" error message with the next patch, and then the Additional Camp is also playable (but not finished in all aspects).

@Helmut

The quote:
    Basically, I have been playing the campaign as the English and the year is 1146 A.D. Everything has been fine up until this point, but now when I End Turn, I get a ctd whenever it reaches the turn of "al-Fatimiyyun" (Egypt?).
    Strange ... especially England has recently been tested internally without any single ctd up to the year 1200 AD.

Faction/s: Holy Roman Empire
    -----------

Custom Battle Mode: No

Campaign Mode: yes
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: yes. End Turn Summer 1102, every time when it's the turn of "al-Fatimiyyun", I get an Ctd.
    - Ctd repeatable
    Then i can only hope that you haven't patched 0.98 properly with the 0.98.11 file.
    Did you overwrite the installed 0.98 chivalry folder with the 0.98.11 chivalry folder? ... it asked you to overwrite, and you answered "yes, overwrite everything".

I would be very surprised, if this known ctd would be still in place.
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 01, 2008 at 04:53 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

@ Da Vinci
    Thanks for your Answer!
    Well, this is what I have installed:

1.) RTW Gold (1.5, BI 1.6)
    2.) Chivalry 0.98
    3.) Chivalry 0.98 11
    4.) Chivalry 0.98 11a
    Then occurred the Ctd and I installed 0.98 11b to fix the bug, but it's still there.

I Just quote the other post because I saw that his Ctd also happened about 11xx after end Turn at the position of "el fatiyyim". He played the English, I play HRE. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the faction you play, but with something different. But I'm really not an Expert ;-).

Patrician Artifex

his Ctd also happened about 11xx after end Turn at the position of "el fatiyyim".
    Can you proved the link of his post?

This bug has indeed nothing to do with certain factions, it happened in every campaign, and i was recently sure that it is fixed since the 0.98.09 patch.

And, if possible, please load up a saved game, before the ctd happens.
    We'll try then to reproduce it on a 0.98.11 installation.

@ Da Vinci
    I've just tried to upload my savegame, but the uploader says "invalid file" (?).
    So I don't know how to upload. If you want, I can send it via email.

You wrote that the problem should have been fixed with the patch 0.98.09. As I read, the 0.98.11 Patch was cumulative. Although - to reinstall like this:

Chivalry 0.98
    Patch 0.98.09
    Patch 0.98.11
    Patch 0.98.11a
    Patch 0.98.11b

could solve the problem?

Patrician Artifex

No the .11 is cumulative. No need to reinstall.

Anyway, we need to have more results.

You will be able to upload the save as attachment, if you zip or rar this file (winzip, winrar or 7zip installed?).

Btw., the 0.98 installations had all a txt file in the chivalry folder calling "Version Dev Notes". Please open your chivalry folder and tell me short if your file has the date of 11th Sept 2008 (last entries in this Notes file were for 0.98.09 - .11).
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 01, 2008 at 08:14 AM.

@ Da Vinci
    Finally here my Savegame!
    My "Version dev notes" reads from 11.09.2008 and the last entry is about patch 0.98.11, as you said.

Patrician Artifex

Btw., it would be good if you try to reproduce this issue ... if you have the time, then just play the same campaign once more.

Still some notes:
    Eventually check once more if you have put the the patch chiv folder actually into the RTW folder, as i already said, it needs to overwrite the former version, and of course it is not saved-game compatible.

I haven't the time to create the last public version atm., but some day i'll check your save
    There are 3 dl's of your save, so eventually another one is faster.

Version:

RTW 1.5
    BI 1.6
    Chivalry 0.98 Open Beta

Fixes

ChivTW 0.98.11
    ChivTW 0.98.11a
    ChivTW 0.98.11b mini fix

Other bugs:

when I choose to play a campaign, it doesn't works but backs to main menu.
    then I quit the game and this message appears:

Script Error in chivalry/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt at line 565, column 56.

Could not find Leader_Prince, in traits database.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Light View Post
    Version:

RTW 1.5
    BI 1.6
    Chivalry 0.98 Open Beta

Fixes

ChivTW 0.98.11
    ChivTW 0.98.11a
    ChivTW 0.98.11b mini fix

Other bugs:

when I choose to play a campaign, it doesn't works but backs to main menu.
    then I quit the game and this message appears:

Script Error in chivalry/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt at line 565, column 56.

Could not find Leader_Prince, in traits database.
    If this is due also for others, then there must be a mistake in the uploaded files (a difference to mine, what i really doubt). I'll take a look, thanks.

Oh, important is, that you don't start at first the Custom Battle mode, before you have started one time the Main Campaign. Also, do not start the 'Additional Campaign'.
    Could this be the culprit in your case? (It's all described in the instructions of the Release Thread).

EDIT

Checked. There are no code mistakes. You must have done one of the described things, that let the mod not start correctly.
    Please proceed the game start as explained.
    If you cannot come over the back to desktop, then you must delete the map.rwm files from the campaign folders and from the base folder (all to find in the world folder), and then start again the Main Campaign.
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 17, 2008 at 01:03 PM.

I've deleted the "map.rwm" from the folders and started a new campaign..
    now the game shut down and send this message "The RomeTW-BI.exe found a problem and need to be closed".
    after this I went to the folders and I saw that a new map.rwm has been created.