Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x - Read First Post!

i play chivairy 0,98 without 0.98.09 i started with the bi shortcut and ctd i tried to upload the save but every time says the server reset and i cant
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Ragnarök's Avatar Decanus

Don't know if this is supposed to be. I miss the "marial law" building in Lissabon and Murcia playing as Castilians.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    Don't know if this is supposed to be. I miss the "marial law" building in Lissabon and Murcia playing as Castilians.
    That's correct. With recent changes i limited the Martial Law to certain regions.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    i play chivairy 0,98 without 0.98.09 i started with the bi shortcut and ctd i tried to upload the save but every time says the server reset and i cant
    A saved game wouldn't make sense.
    You must have an installation issue, if you can't start he game properly.

Btw., when you've figured out how to start the game, then it is highly recommended to install also the patch 0.98.09, because only this update
    can give you a ctd-free campaign experience.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 06, 2008 at 05:15 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Ragnarök's Avatar Decanus

Nubian Spearmen have the discription for nubian archers.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you. That is a known bug and will be addressed in further versions.

i have install it and again ctd
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

i play with the latest patch o.98.09 . i push the end of turn button ctd at main campaign.also with holly roman empire the generas from units have no weapon not the family members.for examle when you dont have fa member a captain is hired from unit . why the leader of holly roman empire is not named emperor is more accurate.
    Last edited by clone; September 08, 2008 at 07:41 AM.
    Robert E. Howard

Patrician Artifex

Where does it ctd, in which turn?

I can't load your save game, because i haven't 0.98.09 due to advanced development of the build, maybe another one can check out your save.

In my guess, you still must have a wrong installation.

Neither the campaign ctd's anymore with 0.98.09* nor there are such issues with weapons (the only exception with a missing weapon for the general/captain is a known RTW bug, where the unit he leads is a missile or javelin unit).

*Even with the former 0.98.x builds, the ctd'd campaigns in end_turn were mainly in the late game from on ca. 1100 AD, this has been independent from certain factions with every faction, but this bug is solved.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 08, 2008 at 09:45 AM.

1092 ad if you press the and of turn .... with holy roman empire .why wrong install i HAD the previoys version i deleted chivairy and i replaced with the latest chivairy game 098.09 . i have all patches for rtw and bi
    Robert E. Howard

fixed
    Robert E. Howard

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    fixed
    Glad to hear this ... what was the problem?

bad install but i did neverminds but ok no repeating ctd but in 5 turn i had 3.instead of leader of dynasty for hollyroman empire is more accurate emperor can you explain me how to change the name and the trait
    Robert E. Howard

Patrician Artifex

The emperor title is gained via trait/trigger, if certain regions are subjugated (historical kept ones).

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Excuse me, that that has come of loading the scene.The Author request to understand, with words of one player. Beside it here is such problem.
    "I here began to play, enough interesting, but pancake... on 1118 play persistently stop ( There darts out some report on mistake, which me not to manage saved, well and further standard wording - exhibit rtw-bi.exe has caused the mistake and will locked. Exactly that on move of the England. " Excuse me, that that has come of loading the scene.

Last edited by Mr.Gorby; September 10, 2008 at 09:37 AM.

Patrician Artifex

No need for excusions

But this error message is completely unknown in relation to Chivalry, i never saw this before, at least i cannot recall it.
    Could be something special to your system or game installation related.

In order to understand a bit more of reported issues, please give always the following points
    with bug reports (see also post 1):

- Chivalry version?
    - RTW/BI version?
    - Is RTW/BI unmodified?
    - Did you any modding in Chivalry?
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 10, 2008 at 03:54 PM.

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

He speaks that versions of the modification v 0.98 + patch до 0.98.09. RTW/BI version 1.6. The Stop of the play comes of his(its) words on 1118 exactly. On England. Before this play went without problems. I try once again to show you photo. I elaborate, does not cost(stand) with his(its) play( mod) what else.
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; September 10, 2008 at 05:52 PM.

Patrician Artifex

And he is using the modfolder chivalry without to have overwritten the whole RTW directory? I ask, because it looks like (screenshot) he has created an entire Chivalry directory ... there might be a problem if the mod data overwrites RTW or the BI data, and is ran from this base.

However, the best would be to start an earlier save game of this campaign, and to see if it happens again.

Anyway, what i can see on the screenshot above is, that there is (for RTW/BI) an unknown graphic display: the skipped lines shown on the map landground ... i never saw such lines.
    As said, i really guess, it hasn't anything to do with the original mod files.
    I therfore don't see a possibility to help in this special matter ... once again, the kind of the error message is out of the frame of the mod files responsibility, at least to my knowledge.
    If another modder or player can come up with another info on that issue, then i would be very interested to know what can cause those "C++ Runtime" errors in relation to mod files.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 10, 2008 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    And he is using the modfolder chivalry without to have overwritten the whole RTW directory? I ask, because it looks like (screenshot) he has created an entire Chivalry directory
    I created dir "RTW Chivalry", then copied the clean RTW+BI files from the original folder (with no mods in it) to this "RTW Chivalry" and then copied the mod there. That's a common way I install mods, to keep the vanilla RTW clean.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Anyway, what i can see on the screenshot above is, that there is (for RTW/BI) an unknown graphic display: the skipped lines shown on the map landground ... i never saw such lines.
    But nevertheless everything worked just perfect before 1118AD, no lame graphic display or smth. As for the not solid border lines on the land map, I though it was a feature, not a bug

Anyways, I understand it's had to figure out the reason. After all it's just a game, nothing that serious.

Patrician Artifex

As for the not solid border lines on the land map, I though it was a feature, not a bug
    Well, that "bug" isn't in the original ChivTW contained, if properly installed. It must be something specific with your kind of installation. I recommend to install the game as per instructions (modfolder into RTW/BI vanilla*), then you won't have such issues.

*Just understand, that not any vanilla files will be affected by the chivalry mod installation, if you proceed it along the instructions.