Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x (+ known issues) - Read First Post!

Ok. Thank you

Tiro

Version: 0.96
    Exe: on BI 1.6
    Faction/s: Byzantine Empire
    -----------

When playing CTW the campaign map characters (armies, diplomats and probably other) sometimes become invisible:hmmm: . At the same time on the map you can find both invisible and visible characters. Here is how everything looks: http://www.ipix.lt/images/20947235.jpg

There is info on that on the first page.It happens when the characters run out of movement points (crouch)

EDIT:Sorry, no info on the first page, but I remember reading it somewhere :hmmm:
    Last edited by GreatOne; June 25, 2008 at 02:03 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

FAQ
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Oh, yes.That's right, the one in suomi......
    Last edited by GreatOne; June 27, 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Current version, 0.97

There is a bug with Crusade States guardsmen as Holy Roman Empire.I tried fighting a battle with Crusader state Guardsmen included(custom battle), and I got an error message where it said that I have not enough video memory to load texture settings.When I tried with just them it crashed again with the same error.

Patrician Artifex

Crusader state Guardsmen
    This unit is anyway excluded with the next release
    Do you experience this with other units, too? Then report again.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

No, I tried to fight a battle with them, and I got the error.When I excluded them the error was gone.When I tried with just one unit of them, it crashed again....

Version: 0.98
    Exe: RTW 1.5
    Faction: France
    -----------

Campaign Mode:
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: yes, during AIs turn. The game crashes during the danes turn or maybe at the start of Aragons turn.
    - Ctd repeatable: yes, every time at the same place
    - Year/Season w or s (winter or summer): 1097 w

Suspected cause: trait error, a typo in the related text files
    "Worüber man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen."
    -Wittgenstein

Patrician Artifex

Thanks for reporting. Can you please send/attach the saved game?
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 15, 2008 at 12:06 PM.

And here it comes
    -Wittgenstein

Patrician Artifex

Got it.

And tested. The ctd happens in the Grand-Seljuk turn (you can observe it clearly if you enable the 'AI Movement'). No clue what the culprit is (but your assumption of a character related culprit is a probable reason). If you have an earlier save, then i recommend to play this, and to check-out if this (1097 w to 1098 s) or another ctd happens again.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 15, 2008 at 09:09 PM.

Tiro

I have just freshly installed chivalry 0.98 and tried few small custom battles. When i quit the game i got a message: DATABASE_TABLE error found unrecognised record id urban militia requested.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    I have just freshly installed chivalry 0.98 and tried few small custom battles. When i quit the game i got a message: DATABASE_TABLE error found unrecognised record id urban militia requested.
    Exe: RTW-BI 1.6

I also can't play Crusader Epoche campaign. I have chosen France to play and then I pressed button to start campaign I was redirected back to camaign choosing window. After i quit the game i got the same message like in previous post.
    Then I started main campaign as Byzantine (Roman) Empire and it works fine. What I noticed is that Kastrophylaces doesn't have its unit card (shown ar RTW peasant) and no special abilities (no morale or stamina descriptions).
    Btw, guys you have made a great work so far

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post

I also can't play Crusader Epoche campaign. I have chosen France to play and then I pressed button to start campaign I was redirected back to camaign choosing window. After i quit the game i got the same message like in previous post.
    Then I started main campaign as Byzantine (Roman) Empire and it works fine. What I noticed is that Kastrophylaces doesn't have its unit card (shown ar RTW peasant) and no special abilities (no morale or stamina descriptions).
    Btw, guys you have made a great work so far
    Who reads release infos/instructions has advantages
    The error message is due to the not as yet working campaign 'The Crusader Epoche', and will always repeat if you try to start this campaign, and then afterwards the Custom Battle Mode, because it generates the wrong map.rwm.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 16, 2008 at 06:58 AM.

Tiro

Faction: Roman (Byzantine) Empire

Well I have not read all release infos/instructions. Just want to help. Here is what I noticed in new version. I attacked Visoko which was under rebel control and rebel general didn't have a sword in his hands:

I build inThessalonika Toll Road but it didn't increase income from taxes as it should:

I know it's not final release and not everything is done till end but Caravanserai building does not have picture:

My family members have traits of Nobleman - Vassal of the Royal Household, but when you put cursor on ui card it written what family member is High Nobleman:
    Shouldn't it be written Nobleman?
    Last edited by Zydrius; July 16, 2008 at 11:54 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Thanks for the report

general didn't have a sword in his hands:
    This is an RTW bug, and due in every mod and even in vanilla (if i remember right): If a unit is not a melee unit with the 1st weapon, then an attached general has always no sword while he fights.

I build inThessalonika Toll Road but it didn't increase income from taxes as it should:
    Must be a boni/penalty thing in certain regions under certain levels, but i'll have a look soon.

I know it's not final release and not everything is done till end but Caravanserai building does not have picture:
    Wait, you were able to build this? It's a bug, as Romans shall not be able to build it.

My family members have traits of Nobleman - Vassal of the Royal Household, but when you put cursor on ui card it written what family member is High Nobleman:
    Shouldn't it be written Nobleman?
    Different files and independent... strat mode (brings a static description) and trait files (variable), the respective trait codes are pretty tricky and still wip, and i had have to make decisions and compromises, otherwise i wouldn't get the intended trait effects or i would be forced to rework the whole family/political house traits system, and this is not my goal anymore ... this part needs anyway a little review, but i wanna keep the workload little
    Hm, perhaps i should give only one description for the static strat mode: "Nobleman" ?
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 16, 2008 at 02:56 PM.

Exe: RTW 1.5
    Faction: Cumans
    -----------

Campaign Mode:
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: yes, during AIs turn. The game crashes at the end of the almohads (cant remember their proper name) turn.
    - Ctd repeatable: yes, every time at the same place
    - Year/Season w or s (winter or summer): 1100 w

Ive load a savegame one turn earlier, and got the crash nevertheless

Im interested if others have the same problem, but I think this is a serious issue.

Edit: oh, and the Algarave model lacks a secondary weapon
    Last edited by Zombimode; July 17, 2008 at 03:31 AM.
    -Wittgenstein

Patrician Artifex

Zomb, could it be that you are playing a different version* than the one that is released via the official Release thread ?

*I can't remember, that there is such a Cuman Infantry implemented as official version ... might be that it has been a test unit in an earlier version, not sure, have forgotten it, as i tested a lot units.
    Please check the date of the edu file (export_descr_unit.txt) that you have, it must have: 14.07.2008 17:35. Also valid as indicator, in the edu file in the top line, it must be stated: 0.98 wip

Else, i guess this is also the cause for your camp ctd's, as i fixed such a camp ctd a few weeks ago (but here i'm not certain, that it is the same - but i guess my assumption is right, if you have a wrong Chiv 0.98 installation).

--

EDIT

Anybody else having a repeatable camp ctd from on 1096 AD ? Please report this instantly in this case (and make sure you have not installed another 0.98 version than the one which is linked in the official release thread! See above my comment to Zombie Mode).

---

EDIT

Edit: oh, and the Algarave model lacks a secondary weapon
    Thanks, fixed by taking the second weapon out of edu and dmb.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 17, 2008 at 08:56 AM.

Hm, well the edu has the "0.98 wip" line.
    But I installed 0.98 just over the old version, maybe this could be the problem?

Whats wrong with Steppe infantrie? They seem like a fine unit
    I would imagine removing them would hurt the already weak Cuman infantrie even more.
    I remember them as a unit in every other release too.

Btw. you asked for betatisting in the other thread: well I would love to be a betatester, but my time is pretty constrained these days
    The term "Semesterferien" is a really bad joke

But I will look with extra sharp eyes for any glitches and bugs.
    Here, I have one up to my sleeve:

other bugs
    Polish armoury effects are not in line with the new armoury effects for the other factions.

Last edited by Zombimode; July 17, 2008 at 09:38 AM.
    -Wittgenstein