Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x (+ known issues) - Read First Post!

Start: Form Bugreport Chivalry
    ========================

Version: Lastest Version... 9.5 with Hotfix 2...
    Exe: BI 1.6
    Faction/s: Byzantium
    -----------

Campaign Mode: your entry (yes or no, if 'yes' fill out the points)
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: Yes, 2 instances I believe... Once taking Ikonion from the Cilician Armenians, and once re-taking Trebizond from rebels... I will note taking Ikonion from rebels previously lead to NO CTD.
    - Ctd repeatable: Not the in the same city, but see above, I will verify this later.
    - Units: Skoutatoi, Toxotai, General (Family member, Stratatoi I think), other un-lead Stratatoi and Thematikoi Spatharoi...
    - Location and kind of Battle: Battles were fine, it occured whilst selecting (occupy settlement).
    - Year/Season w or s (winter or summer): Sorry, I'll have to try again, I'm thinking within thirty turns of the start game...
    - Saved game used: Negative.
    - Script enabled: No, No, No...

End Report.
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hi Shadow, first you could try a custom battle with the same units from the Armenian camp. battle to compare if there is also a ctd.

Hmm, but i tip rather on a RTW vanilla random-conquest-ctd, as campaign-wise there is not a change in this area, except that Armenia has its own ZoR since 0.94.1, but this can't mess anything. And i don't guess, that the Armenian flag bearers have still a problem. Interseting would be also against which rebel units you fought for Trebizond ... and one question, what do you mean with "un-lead stratiotoi", maybe there is the culprit?

Hope you don't refer to any custom changes with ByzTW mod stuff
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 26, 2007 at 11:16 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I've noticed that my diplomat on the campaign map is completely invisible.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Hi Shadow, first you could try a custom battle with the same units from the Armenian camp. battle to compare if there is also a ctd.

One question, what do you mean with "un-lead stratiotoi", maybe there is the culprit?

Hope you don't refer to any custom changes with ByzTW mod stuff

1: Custom battles are 100% fine from what I can gather, I've even pushed my computer past recommended soldier limits and it still runes fine... Tried Byz vs Armenia, Byz vs Turks and Byz vs Novgorod & Kiev... Alll with assorted units, and not one crash... Custom battles seem to be pretty good atm...

2: un-lead, I mean that in the beginning of the game, Michael Doukas, Alexios Komnenos, Nikephoros Bryennios and Nikephoros Boitenites (sp?) all have the "Thematikoi Stratatoi" as their 'body guard' unit. Un-lead I meant that it was a unit that WASN'T serving as a body guard to a family member... Lol, sry mate...

3: No, 10000% sure I'm not using the Byz submod...
    Last edited by Shadow_Imperator; May 27, 2007 at 11:15 PM.
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).

The Danish hunter unit needs a unit card and picture for the description.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Patrician Artifex

@ Shadow, please start just a new campaign to check out if this happens again ... and confirm. I have no clue what could cause them, except the known RTW-vanilla-conquest-bug. Also, we would need another Byz campaign tester to compare that.

@ Garnier, noticed.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Played another two campaigns that lasted about 40 and 60 years apeice... Might be just random CTD... However, the Armenians HAVE FAILED to take Ikonion, so I can't take it off them, and no rebels are bothering to capture Trebizond.... Which were the two circumstances of my CTD's.... Maybe someone else can watch for it... I played another game where I defeated the Armenians, taking Tarsos and Sis, and no CTD.... Hmmmm... Must just be something with Ikonion and the Armenians...

Daray's Avatar Libertus

Hello!

The game makes totaly random CTDs. I cannot specifise them because they are totaly random. And when I load the game and do the same thing, it doesn't CTDs
    Scola artis belli equestrum. Ordo equester Belae terci.

BNS's Avatar ...

Hello!

The game makes totaly random CTDs. I cannot specifise them because they are totaly random. And when I load the game and do the same thing, it doesn't CTDs
    well it happens, all i can suggest is to make it a habit to save frequently. also play with out the chiv. script, the srcipt has been known to cause ctds, i dont know if its just me but i havent gotten any ctds since i started playig without the script....

Patrician Artifex

Daray, in case you keep having ctd's also without script enabled, then please make a proper bugreport per the form of the first post (please also, if they are random, just list them all with every information you can give ... also, i have no ctd's if i test anything out).

And btw. to any volunteer/s: we would need eventually one or two main testers, who would take saved games from players to re-produce (confirm or not confirm) any bugs, but naturally especially any ctd's ... those guys would get naturally special credits in the next readme's and in-game credit-list. A requirement is, that they can handle just the saves on there own, means to organise this quality management on their own, and just giving their QM reports in an extra-topic, which i (or Drak) would then make sticky.
    Only bugreports (saved games) provided with the bugreport-form can get consideration, as we need just the information to work with it.
    ... a simple report as " i get always random ctd's" makes not at all a sense.

Daray's Avatar Libertus

Hello!

Without the script it goes well.
    Scola artis belli equestrum. Ordo equester Belae terci.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Daray View Post
    Hello!

Without the script it goes well.
    Well, this show_me script will be removed in the next version (in my it is already ), i said it already. This is also a confirmation for me for the removal, thanks. Now, i hope there won't be any random ctd's caused through the mod itself. But keep the bugposting!

yeah,disable the scripts and let us play with 2tpy .
    i hate the scripts,
    theyre main CTD producer.

Playing Poland. I build stables to produce High Noble Knight in Magdenburg and Augsburg, but they don't show up in the recruitment.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    Playing Poland. I build stables to produce High Noble Knight in Magdenburg and Augsburg, but they don't show up in the recruitment.
    :hm:
    Strange. I just checked once again the relevant (edb and descr_regions) files, and they must be available there also for Poland ... can't explain this to myself. Only thing that could be: As they are family characters, you might have the maximum possible of these guys in your campaign atm..

Just check though, if you can recruit them in other regions (Poland?).

The unit type for my generals is actually Mala Druzhina, not High Noble Knights (maybe there is the problem).
    I can recruit as many as I want in Krakow, my original capital.

List of all my characters: 1 Leader of Dynasty, 1 Crown Heir, 21 Family Members and 19 Generals.
    Last edited by William the Silent; June 16, 2007 at 06:40 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    The unit type for my generals is actually Mala Druhza, not High Noble Knights (maybe there is the problem).
    I can recruit as many as I want in Krakow, my original capital.

List of all my characters: 1 Leader of Dynasty, 1 Crown Heir, 21 Family Members and 19 Generals.

So it is ... you can't recruit these Noble Knights as Poland, as they are only family characters per faction, the Mala Druhza are your High Noble Knights. It is still wrong in the tech-tree, so you see the recruitment ability. This will be corrected. Thanks for making this aware

Start: Form Bugreport Chivalry
    ========================

Version: Lastest Version... 9.5 with Hotfix 2...
    Exe: BI 1.6
    Faction/s: Byzantium
    -----------

Campaign Mode: your entry (yes or no, if 'yes' fill out the points)
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: Yes, again 2 instances I believe... Once clicking 'end turn' button in 1105 and other in 1107.
    - Ctd repeatable: 1105 one was prevented, I assaulted the settlement on Crete and for some reason, it allowed me to advance a turn, but two turns later, I couldn't do anything, crash every time I hit the button at 1107.
    - Units: I think that the Crusader mercenaries that come when the settlement rebels against Sicily at to 'the empire' might affect stability... I'm just guessing here...
    - Location and kind of Battle: No battle, but in a very good game on my part, I've managed to conquer Tbilisi and Ani and hold them from the Turks, I felt the game was never as stable as soon as me (The Byzantines) took those two cities...
    - Year/Season w or s (winter or summer): whatever 1105 and 1107 would be...
    - Saved game used: Yes.
    - Script enabled: No, No, No...

End Report.

I seem to "ctd" whenever I try to boot up a new "Imperial campaign". So far I tried this with Byzantium and Castile. They both work in "Early Era" though.

My CTD.
    ========================

Version: it is the latest version (0.95) with hotfix 2.
    Exe: RTW 1.5
    Faction/s: Seljuk Turks
    -----------

Custom Battle Mode: no
    ---------------------------
    Campaign Mode: yes
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: Starting CTW.Clicking on "Continue Campaign" OR "load Game"
    and select my latest game.then, loading screen, after 5 seconds CTD.
    - Ctd repeatable: yes, its allways the same thing, i conquered so much and then this damn CTD...
    - Units: it didnt happen at a battle.
    - Location and kind of Battle: didnt happen at a battle.
    - Year/Season w or s (winter or summer): i forgot.but i did play over more years, so i dont think its a season problem.
    - Saved game used: i loaded a game,played, saved, and now that savegame is CTDing.
    - Script enabled: i let it disabled.allways.

Other bugs: woot help..

I could send u the savegame, but it'l just crash.(how do i send u the savegame?)