Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

No install/game start issues here -> use the extra sticky topic for install/game start issues, if you have such a problem.

Before you are providing a report make sure that you proceeded your installation exactly after the instructions. In example i don't want to have bug-reports that are caused by overwriting an older installation, when it is said in the instructions 'do not overwrite'. Or by porting a saved game into a new released modfolder. Or even by using not a vanilla RTW directory for the modfoldered ChivTW (means, if you use a modified RTW).

If there is a hotfix (or patch) offered, first apply that, and check the game again, before you make a report.

No customised or versions from the ChivTW free/submods are allowed to report in this thread. Means, you can't count with official support, if you have running another ChivTW than the official latest version.

Please list every bug/ctd in the following Bugreport form

Process
    Copy the form and make your entries, where it is stated now: "your entry (...descriptions)", that means replace this with your report-description, and remove then the place-holder "your entry (...descriptions)"! If you have not all points to fill out, no matter, just try to give enough info, that we can work with the bugreport. Bugreport form is in the spoiler.

How to copy and paiste it
    Just mark the whole report-form-text with your mouse-cursor, keep the cursor on the marked text and copy under right-click context menu, and paiste this then afterwards into your bugreport post.

Note
    It might be, that we'll ask after a saved game or screenshots, but do not worry about that, any substancial bug report without that is welcome as well.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Start: Form Bugreport Chivalry
    ========================

Version: your entry (version number / patch or full mod / hotfix number ... if not installed, first add the last hotfix(es) if the hotfix adresses the issue and check the game again!)
    Exe: your entry (on RTW 1.5 or on BI 1.6)
    Any cheats used: your entry (no or yes and then what)
    Any custom changes done:: your entry (no or yes and then what)

-----------

Custom Battle Mode: your entry (yes or no, if 'yes' fill out the points)
    ---------------------------
    - Faction/s: your entry
    - Ctd: your entry (yes or no, plus description when and how exactly it occurs)
    - Units: your entry (list the chosen units separated per faction)

Campaign Mode: your entry (yes or no, if 'yes' fill out the points)
    ----------------------
    - Campaign: your entry (which campaign: Main or Additional)
    - Faction/s: your entry (the chosen faction, and related other factions if they concern the issue)
    - Year: your entry
    - Saved game reloaded: your entry (did you use a save game from the same install-version? yes or no)
    - Ctd: your entry your entry (yes or no, plus description when and how exactly it occurs: the in-game situation if is not an end_turn ctd)
    - End_turn ctd: your entry (yes or no, plus description when and with which viewable faction the ctd happened)
    - Ctd repeatable: your entry (yes or no, plus description if repeatable in the same turn etc.)
    - Units: your entry (list the chosen units separated per faction if they concern the issue)
    - Location and kind of Battle: your entry (where on the map and siege or field battle, if a battle concerns the issue)

Other bugs: your entry (yes or no, plus the accurate description, eventually screenshots).

End: Form Bugreport Chivalry

Section Reported Bugs / Hotfixes

Bugreports version 1.07

A) Recently reported (April 2011, posts in bugreport thread): Apparently, playing with factions like East Rome (Byz), Spain and Norman Sicily can lead to crashes when/while entering battles.
    To this theme, see post #436 as well.

Hotfixes for version x.xx
    (All hotfixes will be zipped chivalry modfolders, install-location: RTW folder.
    The hotfixes are usually saved game compatible, if not otherwise mentioned)

A) None yet.

---

Other Hints: Atm. none

---

Last edited by DaVinci; June 22, 2011 at 01:30 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Semisalis

Default Re: Bugs in 0.95 - Report here.

Forget the bug, the download link is crap. Please add it to filefront, I want to play this mod. You guy's are great, but not in megaupload. I live in U.A.E. Please,Please do it know for god's sake. Okay and thank you for your conversasion.

Patrician Artifex

Count Flip promised it to uploading it on filefront ... so it should be soon available for you too.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Upload it soon please

Semisalis

Default Re: Bugreports 0.95 (plus a known issues list)

Okay, I downloaded the game, installed it perfectly. It worked, everything is working fine. There is minor problem on this mod, the speed of this mod is crap. I download soo many mod and I didn't had these problems. In the campiagn map, when I scroll it stucks for 2 or 3 secons then it moves, even in battles. I can't play the faimads in custom battle.

Just me tell how to fix the speed.

I have a problem with ChivalryTW .095:
    i can play campaning, but i can't play custrom battle with few unit!!! there are MTW_officer_feudal_standard, MTW_officer_mounted_seregants and MTW_officer_feudal_standard_aragon. i have made first file, but other don't act. help, becouse I would like play great Foot Feudal Knight and other. http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errore2dk8.png
    Last edited by knight_; May 18, 2007 at 07:45 AM.

Default Re: Bugreports 0.95 (plus a known issues list)

I tried the same thing twice, and this is what happens

I siege and immediately attack Toledo. I start bombarding their walls with trebuchets. And every time the walls reach some 65% damage, about 40 minutes before time expiry, the battle ends and I get the "Minor Defeat" message (with no actual action happening at all, and still a while to go until time expiry).

The game proceeds normally (no CTD), when I attack next turn and bombard the same bit of wall, everything goes fine.

And this doesn't happen in other settlements.
    Last edited by talin_; May 18, 2007 at 11:34 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x (plus a known issues list)

Thank you for testing and reporting ... bugreports help us and so they are very welcome!

I recently changed a bit the topic title, and also the content of the first post.

There is now the bugreport-form in the first post, which you have to copy and then make your report-entries into that form, only.

The descriptions above (the last 3 bug reports) aren't accurate enough, that i (or we) can proceed with them, so please be able to use the now valid report-form of the first post and fill out every category.

Please use this kind of form, thanks.

--

Some notes before:

@Emperor: Please copy the RTW vanilla preferences.txt into the chivalry preferences folder to check out if the speed is in your case related to the preferences. Eventually customise then this vanilla preferences again
    to your liking.
    By the way i have not such a speed-problem, i play 0.9x on BI,
    and honestly, i can't remember a speed-problem if played on RTW-exe.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 18, 2007 at 02:30 PM.

BNS's Avatar ...

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x (+ known issues) - Read First Post!

I have a problem with ChivalryTW .095:
    i can play campaning, but i can't play custrom battle with few unit!!! there are MTW_officer_feudal_standard, MTW_officer_mounted_seregants and MTW_officer_feudal_standard_aragon. i have made first file, but other don't act. help, becouse I would like play great Foot Feudal Knight and other.
    i just finished play testing the flag bearers of france and aragon i got no such error, are you sure you have 0.95 ? cause aragon was a source for ctds in 0.94 and i personally fixed that problem.... if you do have 0.95, it should say beta-0.95 in the upperleft hand corner in the main menu, also are you you using any of the hotfixes ?

Okay, I downloaded the game, installed it perfectly. It worked, everything is working fine. There is minor problem on this mod, the speed of this mod is crap. I download soo many mod and I didn't had these problems. In the campiagn map, when I scroll it stucks for 2 or 3 secons then it moves, even in battles. I can't play the faimads in custom battle.

Just me tell how to fix the speed.
    this is one of the fastest mods i know of, there are certain settings that can really slow down rtw on some computers such as grass, anti aliasing and certain resolution settings....

I siege and immediately attack Toledo. I start bombarding their walls with trebuchets. And every time the walls reach some 65% damage, about 40 minutes before time expiry, the battle ends and I get the "Minor Defeat" message (with no actual action happening at all, and still a while to go until time expiry).
    the only explanation i can come up with what you told me is that maybe the trebuchets ran out of ammo before they were able to destroy the walls causing the battle to automaticaly end...
    Last edited by BNS; May 18, 2007 at 06:03 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote:

BNS answered: the only explanation i can come up with what you told me is that maybe the trebuchets ran out of ammo before they were able to destroy the walls causing the battle to automaticaly end..
    Yes, just take 2 trebuchet units with you to match them in one siege

Yeah, I kinda figured it out later. Should really pay attention more

Quote Originally Posted by BNS View Post
    i just finished play testing the flag bearers of france and aragon i got no such error, are you sure you have 0.95 ? cause aragon was a source for ctds in 0.94 and i personally fixed that problem.... if you do have 0.95, it should say beta-0.95 in the upperleft hand corner in the main menu, also are you you using any of the hotfixes ?
    yes, I have beta-0.95. i haven't any hotfixes for thise version. My problem relies on it, that few responsible files for appearance of unit in game. I have given scenner with one of this file.

EDIT: sorry, a have hotfix1.
    Last edited by knight_; May 19, 2007 at 09:33 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by knight_ View Post
    yes, I have beta-0.95. i haven't any hotfixes for thise version. My problem relies on it, that few responsible files for appearance of unit in game. I have given scenner with one of this file.

EDIT: sorry, a have hotfix1.
    There shouldn't be any ctd-problems with flag-bearer units in 0.95+latest hotfix installed (now hotfix2).
    I still don't understand what you mean above... please use the bugreport-form (in the first post), if you have a bug discovered.

In case you refer to units which are available in the custom mode and campaign mode: yes they are different, in the campaign are much more units contained as in the custom battle mode. But units, that are in both modes available have the same appearance.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 19, 2007 at 01:15 PM.

Just a little bug.

Version: 0.95 + hotfix2
    Exe: RTW 1.5
    Faction/s: Poland
    -----------
    Other bugs: mines description see picture: 3x "increase tradeble goods" in description card mines of Krakow.
    Not in card from Plock.
    Also in Krakow building browser.

Version: beta-0.95 + hotfix1
    Factions: Aragon, France, England, Castille...

Custom Battle Mode:
    - Ctd: When I play battle with Feudal foot Knight, Elite Foot Knight, Mounted Seregants etc.
    - Units: Feudal foot Knight, Elite Foot Knight, Mounted Seregants

I play with vannila-banners (flags). Can I ask: who can send me thise files? My problem relies on it, that these files I haven't absolutely. Nowhere I can find their. These files it with expansion it .tga! Help.

BNS's Avatar ...

Version: beta-0.95 + hotfix1
    Factions: Aragon, France, England, Castille...

Custom Battle Mode:
    - Ctd: When I play battle with Feudal foot Knight, Elite Foot Knight, Mounted Seregants etc.
    - Units: Feudal foot Knight, Elite Foot Knight, Mounted Seregants

I play with vannila-banners (flags). Can I ask: who can send me thise files? My problem relies on it, that these files I haven't absolutely. Nowhere I can find their. These files it with expansion it .tga! Help.
    the only solution i have is that you might have installed an older chivalry version, because .95 does have the files you are mentioning, otherwise the whole community would be complaing about this.... i recomend a fresh install of 0.95 plus hotfix 2 ( dont worry about hotfix 1, hotix 2 includes 1 )

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97453

Just a little bug.

-----------
    Other bugs: mines description see picture: 3x "increase tradeble goods" in description card mines of Krakow.
    Not in card from Plock.
    this is somewhat intentional, its not a bug, just a wealthy region ...
    Last edited by BNS; May 20, 2007 at 07:25 AM.

Patrician Artifex

the only solution i have is that you might have installed an older chivalry version, because .95 does have the files you are mentioning, otherwise the whole community would be complaing about this.... i recomend a fresh install of 0.95 plus hotfix 2 ( dont worry about hotfix 1, hotix 2 includes 1 )
    Or a wrong installation for some reason ... these units above never made any anger in former versions. And if he says he misses some related tga's, then there is for sure something wrong installed.

As BNS said, install anew 0.95+hotfix2, as per instructions, then everything will work proper (1. remove manual simply the whole chivalry folder, 2. run the exe installer 0.95 again, 3. install the zipped hotfix2 files).
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 20, 2007 at 11:20 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    Just a little bug.

-----------
    Not in card from Plock.
    As BNS said: no bug.
    Per sence '..tradable goods' you have one resource that increases your income with a certain amount. In chivalry you have 2 kinds of mines: Silver&Gold and Metal&Mineral Mines (the latter mines have sometimes more than one resource, depends on the region's wealth).
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 20, 2007 at 11:17 AM.

Two little bugs.
    Augsburg has floating trees and field (picture 1).
    Banner carrier German Feudal man at arms has black helmet or no texture (picture 2).
    Last edited by William the Silent; May 22, 2007 at 08:33 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Thanks Will, the helmet thing is known by me and already in the known issues list, but the Augsburg battlefield is new, thanks.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast