Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: changing civitate requirements

Mordhak brings up an interesting point - do we Civitates who have had such a privilege for 2 or more months (Under a patron or not) require an official 'promotion' (not public) from a Curator or Triumvir before we can go about helping to recruit other civitates?
    In practise you do not--its just a time marker like the 75 posts are for civitates. However, It probably makes the most sense to talk to your patron or an admin before you start aquiring civitates. We can show everyone the ground rules...

NM
    Former Patron of: Sbsdude, Bgreman, Windblade, Scipii, Genghis Khan, Count of Montesano, Roman American, Praetorian Sejanus

My time here has ended. The time of the syntigmata has ended. Such is how these things are, and I accept it. In the several years I was a member of this forum, I fought for what I considered to be the most beneficial actions to enrich the forum. I regret none of my actions, and retain my personal honor and integrity.
    Fallen Triumvir

smack's Avatar Complaints Department

Thanks S.P.Q.R. and tBP for this reminder/suggestion. I had forgetten about it personally as I never check profiles. Perhaps PM'ing mystery Civitates would help too.

On the topic of this thread, perhaps an 'exceptions can be made' clause, rather than a specific kind of exception clause. Any of these ideas would complicate a simple system by requiring special examination of these cases. A counter-clause that "Civitates adopted earlier than 75 posts are probationary only. Upon surpassing the standard requirements in good form, regular Civitate status will be approved" also complicates the matter by having to review a Civitate twice. Nonetheless, if exceptions can never be made, that seems overly sterile. If Descartes made a few posts and we wanted to give him access to the Symposium, I think we would. Just don't close the door all the way with absolutes. Actually posting the possibility of exception may be an invitation to danger, however.

In patronicum svb: Spartan
    Patronum celcum quo: teecee, Old Celt, SigniferOne
    If you dare: My Journal or If you care: The Price Tag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12