Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Default Europa Barbarorum Modify Surnames?

Is it possible to modify/change Roman lastnames in EB?

For example, "Cnaevs cornelivs BLASIO", turned into "Cnaevs cornelivs JOHNSON"

If this is possible, please post a detailed instruction on how to achieve this.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Thank you-

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum Modify Surnames?

Quote Originally Posted by Nubian_Prince16 View Post
    Is it possible to modify/change Roman lastnames in EB?

For example, "Cnaevs cornelivs BLASIO", turned into "Cnaevs cornelivs JOHNSON"

If this is possible, please post a detailed instruction on how to achieve this.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Thank you-
    No more cries?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Apologies if this should be obvious, but what happened to the Rorarii and Accensi? I tried using the forum's advanced search, but it doesn't appear to have an option to narrow results down to this subforum.

Woops, sorry guys. Wrong forum. Was going to ask this in EB2.

Since this particular issue is not covered by any installation problems, I'll bring it up here.

Yesterday, I installed Europa Barbarorum on a clean Steam RTW Gold Edition. After some wrangling back and forth with the files between directories, it finally worked when the installed files were placed in the RTW steam directory (though unit documentation etc ended up in their own Programx86 folders).

I was able to play EB yesterday, yet today I cannot start RTW, not even vanilla by removing the -mod:eb -show_err code line. I have reinstalled RTW and EB from scratch, yet the error still persists.

What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman View Post
    Since this particular issue is not covered by any installation problems, I'll bring it up here.

Yesterday, I installed Europa Barbarorum on a clean Steam RTW Gold Edition. After some wrangling back and forth with the files between directories, it finally worked when the installed files were placed in the RTW steam directory (though unit documentation etc ended up in their own Programx86 folders).

I was able to play EB yesterday, yet today I cannot start RTW, not even vanilla by removing the -mod:eb -show_err code line. I have reinstalled RTW and EB from scratch, yet the error still persists.

What to do?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1111231212.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	341586

Check here if it has anything blank it.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

The Hidden resources maps are no longer properly showing

Archived

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    'Classical hoplites', used by KH, don't use the unit attribute 'phalanx', which represents the sarissa phalanx. Classical hoplites did use a phalanx formation, but it is nothing like the sarissa phalanx. Due to the restrictions of the engine, the classical hoplite are represented as best they can be. The classical hoplites most likely used the overhand attack when in formation. Due to the limits of the engine, they can't change attack animation based on their possition or who they are fighting.
    I wished the game developers implemented the shield wall similar to barabian invasion. The shield wall would be closest to the classical greek phalanx while the currently ingame spearwall represents the Macedonian pike phalanx
    Last edited by hessia78; July 08, 2020 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hessia78 View Post
    I wished the game developers implemented the shield wall similar to barabian invasion. The shield wall would be closest to the classical greek phalanx while the currently ingame spearwall represents the Macedonian pike phalanx
    Unfortunately the RTW engine doesn't allow the shieldwall formation unless you switch to BI.

You can sort of replicate the hoplite phalanx if you activate guard mode for your hoplites and leave them in defence: they stay together, compact and sturdy, keeping formation and with interlocked shield. A hoplite line in guard mode is a very effective tool to repel any frontal assault, despite being extremely vulnerable to flank/rear assault. The shortcoming is of course that you can't use it offensively, but it's still something.