Thread: Does anyone know if they are making another Elder Scrolls game?

Default Does anyone know if they are making another Elder Scrolls game?

?

Gwendylyn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Does anyone know if they are making another Elder Scrolls game?

Probably somewhere along the line since they still have a number of provinces left to develop for and its a successful IP.

Apparently they are making Fallout 3 first, unless they split their development studio up on two projects.

Yeah I think for the last few months they have also been busy with the Oblivion expansion. But now that is finished I'm hoping they will get cracking on a real, mind-blowing new Elder scrolls. I loved Oblivion, but I have grown tired of it.

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

When the make another ES game if won't be out of a while.Well I hope it is like Oblivion but with more quests.

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

That reminds me of a question, what would you rather see, a new Elder Scrolls game set in Skyrim, Black Marsh, or Summerset Isle? Those three areas are the most suspected provinces to be in the Elder Scrolls V. I would most want to see Skyrim to be honest, but Bethesda can't do Skyrim without first adding beards into the Character creation when you first start the game. It would be rediculous to set the next Elder Scrolls in the home province of the Nords without at least a few of them having beards!

Indefinitely Banned

I can't see why they wouldn't seeing what a profit machine oblivion is
    it'll be years though

I don't think Bethesda would abandon such a successful franchise. My guess, in about 3 years will see another one released (it was 4 years between the release of Morrowind and Oblivion). In fact all major ES releases seem to work on roughly a 4 year cycle. Or close to it.

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Julius View Post
    That reminds me of a question, what would you rather see, a new Elder Scrolls game set in Skyrim, Black Marsh, or Summerset Isle? Those three areas are the most suspected provinces to be in the Elder Scrolls V. I would most want to see Skyrim to be honest, but Bethesda can't do Skyrim without first adding beards into the Character creation when you first start the game. It would be rediculous to set the next Elder Scrolls in the home province of the Nords without at least a few of them having beards!

I really want ES V to be set in Skyrim. I love the snow and Nords to. Plus I need a beard on my character.

The Fallout game is next, and personally, much preferred. Have you ever played a Fallout game before MR?

They're not making another TES game, not for a while.

Look at it this way, there's lots of user-made modifications with new quests and landmasses that are already released or in the making. I never got bored of Morrowind all those years ago due to the many mods there were to try out.

Like what previous posters have said, Fallout 3 is next on Bethesda's 'to-do' list. Asking for a new Elder Scrolls game now is too early, just too early. The 2002-2006 timespan for the development of Oblivion is perfect. Maybe they will make another TES game in like 2010.

I seem to remember a dev mentioning 2010.

Indefinitely Banned

There was a wiki page but it seems to have gone. it suggested 2010. It gave a name which I have since forgotten, but it stated that it is likely to be in Skyrim. Having said that, I've also heard rumours that it was going back to morrowind. it was called Dark something i think

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

Yea i heard Rumors here and there but nothing concrete to hang our hats on.
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

Indefinitely Banned

Shadow Realm was the name

[quote=The Super Pope;3145519 Having said that, I've also heard rumours that it was going back to morrowind.[/quote]
    It'd certainly make the whole closing of the morrowind mod down make more sense.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

They will make another, and probably in a couple years from now, so about four years after Oblivion, and I am totally hoping for Summerset Isle. It has so much potencial and interesting history. I would die with excitement...
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

I dont know much about elder scrolls lore at all, so I dont really care which province.

I just hope its a spectacular return to the form of Morrowind days. Now that was a tremendous game!
    Oblivion was rather average and dumbed-down by comparison. And I hope they make many more weapon types next time - I want spears, halberds, crossbows, throwing knives, throwing axes, javelins, bardiches and more!

PS, I'm fairly certain there is a mod for Oblivion focusing on Skyrim...

EDIT: Found it. Its called Silgrad Tower, and is still in development.