Thread: My game has gone straight to hell!

Default My game has gone straight to hell!

This morning, ALL DAY, my game worked FINE!

And then, outta nowhere, it just screwed up.

Battles glitch like hell, the intro to the game (with the people walking across the screen at the main menu) lags. And the stuff leading to the game lags.

ALL VIDEOS (With assassins, spys, anything) INCLUDING the ads in the beginning go by very fast. The scene lags and doesn't move, but you hear the sound go really fast, and it's over.

WHAT THE HELL DID I DO!!!

I didn't change anything, it worked fine earlier, I was playing the same game, I tried setting the video options (which had been at best, and still worked) to low.

Nothing is working!

Default Re: My game has gone straight to hell!

That is probaly what happens when you have a great grahpics card and set the game to lowest settings dude...

Do the autodetect so the game will automatically detect what are you best settings.
    I speak Latin to God, English to my friends, French to girls, German to my enemies, and Japanese to my PS2.

Creator of the Byzantine Enhancment Mod
    Version: 1.4

Tiro

Setting the video settings to low doesn't hurt. It doesn't matter how good your card is, lowering graphics will increase performance, unless your performance is limited by something else like processor or memory regardless of the graphics level. Auto-detect just finds the point where you get the best mix of gameplay and graphics.

Try a reinstall, I guess.

Oh well, so much for my Moors campaign...

I have 1.2, by the way.

What could have caused it?

It was working fine not a moment ago, I didn't change anything, it just messed up.

I think it started with a lag in a battle, happened when I did the screen shot.

How do I delete screen shots?

Tiro

Not sure about screenshots. Never did get around to figuring out/reading how they work. Search for a thread about them that will give you their location, and you can delete them there. Have you tried just fighting a custom battle, or starting a new campaign? If those don't work, I would reinstall like I said above. If you patch to the same version, you would be able to continue your Moors campaign. If it is still buggy, try a new campaign again and post back, I guess.

Anybody else that could help? Haven't had any problems beyond the gameplay bugs and lag with large numbers of men.

That was... Odd.

Without changing anything, again, it works.

I turned off the computer when the game was loading, and it works now.

Tiro

Problems are commonly so complex these days, we sometimes overlook the simple reboot

same thing as happened to me a few times, i go to load it and it says an unspecified error has occured adn the game needs to shut down. teh first few times i went completly crazy and uninstalled and reinstalled my games and patchs. then i realized it would go away after a reboot. so thats always the first thing i do.

selenius4tsd's Avatar Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Closed since the question has now been answered. For future reference, please post technical problems/questions in the designated forum, thanks.
    Under the patronage of vikrant
    Patron of Ramtha, Alletun, finneys13, SirPaladin and GrnEyedDvl