Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Hardcoded List

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: The Hardcoded List

Is there a hardcoded limit or necessary length for music tracks? I'm making a music mod so I want to make sure i make it long enough/short enough

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Is there a hardcoded limit or necessary length for music tracks? I'm making a music mod so I want to make sure i make it long enough/short enough
    No one knows that.

There might be a slight possibility that we can't use lengthy .wav files for soundeffects(though not confirmed by anyone).
    But i'm 100% certain that .mp3 can be used as long as u want.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    No one knows that.

There might be a slight possibility that we can't use lengthy .wav files for soundeffects(though not confirmed by anyone).
    Alright, excellent Thanks for the quick response!

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Here's a new one that had me puzzled for a while...

Max number of units for a faction available in custom battle selection screen. 200

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Who would want\need such a big number? Any really practical application for such a high number?

I have a ZOR faction with 160+, not yet fully coded. And of course the rebel faction, which is where I found the limit, whilst checking correct coding of textures for new models etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Who would want\need such a big number? Any really practical application for such a high number?
    It would be more of a side-effect. Fortunately M2TW offers no_custom to exclude units from a custom battle...

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

Anyone heard anything on some family tree restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    Anyone heard anything on some family tree restrictions?
    See this thread paged 3-4: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=187293&page=4

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

kkchen88 was investigating a bug in my mod and found that generals cannot have more than 8 ancillaries. Is this a hardcoded limit or can you control how many ancillaries a general can have?
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

I know one can change the multipliers for Sack/Exterminate, but can we add a command to trigger after conquering settlement? Like "Exterminate + amplify_religion_level 2"?

If it is hardcoded, than I'm gonna cry :'(

Blog Entries

You would have to do that via script, for every settlement, for every religion - that's gonna be a mighty long script.

You would have to do that via script, for every settlement, for every religion - that's gonna be a mighty long script.
    Hope, at last.

I thought there was "add_population <settlement> <settlement population * 0.9>" or something like this for "exterminate" option, since in descr_campaing_db you can find only the 0.9 multiplier in "exterminate", but no sight of any command lines, so I'm not sure if it works that way.
    If there's a way to do this via command line add, then 'tis something yet to be discovered. For now I'll take the long road to write this "mighty long" script.

Since you're an experienced modder, could you please point me some directions?

- Is this script supposed to be long, workable and simple, or by "long" you also mean complex? Because looks like it's just a matter of:

"If {faction} choose {exterminate} then
    {settlement} <= amplify_religion_level 2 (before end turn)
    end"

And then find a way for the game to read the conquering faction and the settlement. Of course 'tis not so simple. Also I guess you have in mind using monitors, so this should make the script really long (over 100 regions * 5 religions), but not all that complex, or am I wrong?
    In fact, I have no idea of where to beggin. I'll try using monitors, but can't imagine how to make the game check for what "Occupy/Sack/Exterminate" decision were made.

Anyway, I know you're a busy person and your contributions for this community are beyond eternal gratitude, so if you just wish me "good lucky" it's enough because people so far couldn't even tell me if 'twas possible. So I'm really grateful you did.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Monitor for conquering a settlement

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName [Name of settlement]
    and CharacterReligion [religion] ;religion check of general
    and PopulationOwnReligion [example: > 60] ; checks the region's\settlement's religion level of the general's religion
    [enter your command here]
    end_monitor

You cannot check for level of occupation (exterminate etc) and you cannot boost\change the religion of an individual region.

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    No one knows that.

I've experimented with the streaming tag to stream long wav "music" files on the battlemap, triggered by ambient unit sounds (they can be for specific cultures, but not factions)., and it seems to work. no ill effects on performance I can tell, if any is very slight. The way to confirm streaming is to run filemon (or processmon for vista and win7) and run it and a battle in windowed mode to see if the wav is being constantly accessed throughout the battle. I haven't tried that yet ;-)

I'm looking for hardcoded limits on # of mounts, and also limits on effects textures. Adding new projectiles with effects totally mixes up the textures assigned for different effects, causing the "square smoke" effects and such.

Viewing and editing MTW2 textures with MWthumb and DXTbmp

You cannot check for level of occupation (exterminate etc) and you cannot boost\change the religion of an individual region.
    In fact looks like I can, I just found it out

But now I'm looking for a way to increase the chances AI exterminate a settlement instead of occupy. Looks like 'tis not that hard (if I remember there's a multiplier in descr_campaing_db) but what I'm trying to do is to make it religion especific, so that said, Dwarves won't exterminate a human settlement, but I think I already figured that too.

My priority is to avoid the AI from exterminating a settlement that has 80% of their own religion. Any tips?

Monitor for conquering a settlement

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName E. Osgiliath
    and CharacterReligion Numenorian ;religion check of general
    and PopulationOwnReligion =< 70 So if settlement religion are under 70% numenorean, then
    ExterminatePopulation
    end_monitor

I'm gonna try it now, hope that works.
    Last edited by Excellion; May 09, 2011 at 08:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Using it in a round about way with a command might work, but you can't check directly.

Your script should give the desired results (if the command would exist).

Check in the Docudemons
    Last edited by Squid; June 08, 2011 at 05:16 PM.

Opifex

Guys, is there a hardcoded limit for the length of the campaign script? Mine is 195,000 lines long, and I am getting intermittent crashes that stop if I remove small sections from the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    As far as I know, there aren't any limits. I am using some pretty long filename songs in my mod, as well as very involved and lengthy paths to those files, so that seems to be fine.
    Last edited by Ishan; May 20, 2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Double Post

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    Guys, is there a hardcoded limit for the length of the campaign script? Mine is 195,000 lines long, and I am getting intermittent crashes that stop if I remove small sections from the script.
    Are you sure there is no error in the script itself that might be causing it? i know you might have double checked such a thing but other than that i'm not aware of such a thing and doubt it's hard-coded.
    Taiji might know as he uses a pretty heavy CS file.