Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: The Hardcoded List

Default Re: The Hardcoded List

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Up to this day I am still baffled what the difference could be - there is nothing in the packed files of a DLC that referenced the number of possible fleets.

There is the possibility that Steam will allow 4 fleets while disk doesn't, I seem to recall a recent discussion that pointed that way.

It doesnt matter wether its steam or not and there is nothing in the files, its the game's code that looks at the currently active modfolder-name.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlaender View Post
    Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get it up and running again. One simple move of a folder and all hell broke loose. I had to uninstall MTW2 and Steam and reinstall both and then make a kingdoms.exe just to get the regular MTW2 game and mods to launch on Steam. Wow.

I tried the recent SS 6.4 install by Gigantus, but it only created an ss6.3 folder in my mods folder and there is no .exe or launcher for it. I tried different things from the Steam community, but they all failed. This is probably the third or fourth time a major mod I worked on died because of OS upgrades, Steam junk, no more CD trays, etc. etc.

The thing that baffles me the most is that the only changes that occur in a mod are all in the data folder, so why not just make that a Zip file and have it switched out with the original data folder? Not one Mod Manager or Mod Manager Fixer or whatever ever worked for me because they were just too complicated. Oh well.
    'Switching out' i snot supported - hence the 'mods' directory apporach. The original files will be read if they are not provided by the mod, this guaranteed by the file_first setting: first the mod's files get checked, then the unpacked files in the default directory (world directory by default, unpacked files), then the content of the pack files.
    And it does seem to be an issue of your AV being over zealous as we established in another discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo00182 View Post
    It doesnt matter wether its steam or not and there is nothing in the files, its the game's code that looks at the currently active modfolder-name.
    That's totally weird: "if dlc mod name then 4 fleets, else 3".

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Has anyone mentioned the limit of model groups that have 0 in the end of their comments is 4.
    Examples:
    Shields0
    Primaryactive0
    primarypassive0
    Secondaryactive0
    Secondarypassive0
    etc...The best thing you can do is to remove from all froups the 0 in the end exept those 4 that refer to weapons (primary and secondary ones).
    Otherwise the game crashes.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

"And it does seem to be an issue of your AV being over zealous as we established in another discussion."

Thanks for your explanation of what might be happening. Back when I did the switch method, there were some other instructions that I had to follow I believe, but now I cannot remember them. I should have written them down.

I tried installing with my AV turned off completely and it only installed a little bit then showed that there was an error with some tiny little file in one of the desc_text folders. Sigh... Well, I can't fix that during an installation. I am going to uninstall almost everything and try again. Even utorrent will not open and give me the original installer, so I uninstalled utorrent. Whenever I do something, the computer or AV asks if I want to allow it to make changes to my computer, and I always click the yes box.

I just successfully installed your Bare Geomod and I'm thinking of turning it into the mod I had planned for SS 6.4. It worked very easily. I'm impressed!

"That's totally weird: "if dlc mod name then 4 fleets, else 3".

Yeah, it is weird. If Gigantus' Bare Geomod only supports 3 trade fleets, I won't be upset. I'll just increase the value of trade goods.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Once they announce med 2 remake we need to voice all this on their discord channel.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Once they announce med 2 remake we need to voice all this on their discord channel.
    Absolutely!

I just reinstalled SS 6.4 using Gigantus full install method and now I am limited to just TWO outgoing trade fleets despite the EDB allowing three!

There is also a hardcode limit of of 3 incoming fleets using this mod. I have verified that as well. My old method produced 4 incoming fleets and 4 outgoing.

I think that is quite reasonable for a huge city with Docklands.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

what's the lowest value recognized for line ---- stat_stl?

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

For the custom_tiles_db.txt, the hardcoded limits cause sound problems.

1) .wfc files have a hardcoded limit of 10
    2) cannot place two custom tiles in a single region (another province name instead can be a solution)
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Callistonian's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    For the custom_tiles_db.txt, the hardcoded limits cause sound problems.
    What sort of sound problems?

1) .wfc files have a hardcoded limit of 10
    As in, you can only specify a single .wfc file 10 times in custom_tiles_db.txt?

2) cannot place two custom tiles in a single region (another province name instead can be a solution)
    Are you referring to the first column in custom_tiles_db.txt? Those aren't region names, they're like header names for the whole line, you can put whatever you want there. And yes, you can't have multiple headers with the same name. I'm pretty sure you can have multiple custom tiles in the same region. What are you saying happens if you do?