Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the English get Templars?

Default Can the English get Templars?

i know this question has probably been asked before but i can't find it in the forum, if you play as England can you get knight templars? i keep on gettin the option to get the st. john's charter house (hospitaller knights) but i was wondering if by waiting longer i can eventually get the templars or am i wasting my time?

Centenarius

Default Re: Can the English get Templars?

they can, but Im in the same problem as u have...

yeah I always get Hospitilar as England or france. Got templars with Sicily

With Venice I always get Hospitaler too.

I got it. At least I think I did.

k_161's Avatar Miles

When the knights of St'john offer you a chapter house refuse it.The next one should be a Templar.

"No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore I am no beast"

Centenarius

but then it decreases the "points" u gained.

hospitilars are the better option I think, the knights are practically identical in all but looks and with the house of st John you get a health bonus for your city whilst the templar chapter you get no city bonuses

spartan117's Avatar Ordinarius

I think the hospitilars is easier to get in some cases. I think points are added for bordering an islamic faction or somethign like that. Wehre templars dont get it.

well i have St. John's chapter house in Jerusalem and now im being offered them in Acre (castle), i just want to see if can get the templars to have both, but i refused it and two turns after i got offered again but st. john's. im just wondering if anyone has been able to get both?

Centenarius

this is possible to have templars\st john in cities? or did u made Jeruslam to a castle?

I've been offered both, as Scotland. Chose the Templars. (They ride armoured horses so they have a higher "mass" component to their charge)

St John's comes up much quicker in regions neighbouring Muslim factions (you get 10pts per turn I think for that), so that's what you've got there.

So you need to send more generals on crusades, and/or leave a general with more than 4 chivalry in your "preferred" castle (which gets you 5pts a turn), and just be patient for a Templar house.

Quote Originally Posted by kobi118 View Post
    this is possible to have templars\st john in cities? or did u made Jeruslam to a castle?
    no, you get them in cities because i didnt change Jerusalem to a castle. They improve health in that city too, like kenny said.

Thanks Highlander, hopefully i'll get offered templars soon.

i never get templars

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

You need to have a general with 5 or more chivalry to get the Templar Guild, and you will always be offered the Hopsitaller Guild first.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

i have neither been offered either, do u need to pump out a lot of horsemen to do it and go on lots of crusades and such,

Yes they can, but you must say no to the Hopsitallers guild in order to get the Templars

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Any Catholic faction can get templars or hospitallers, so thats everyone except: Byzantines, Russians, Turks, Egyptians, Mongols, Timurids, Aztecs and Moors

I always get Hospitallers, they're equally good fighters, they get one more level of armour upgrade than Templars, they get the health bonus and historically I prefer them compared to Templars because the Templars seem to have been far more drastic and zealous - just generally a bit wrong in the head by comparison.
    Last edited by Spong; April 28, 2007 at 08:05 PM.

gooseman34's Avatar Laetus

I don't think the Holy Roman Empire get Templars or Hospitallers. They get Teutonic knights.

Spain and Portugal don't get them, they get Knights of Santiago.

HRE can get Hospitalers/Templars. You'll almost always be offered Tuetonics first though and almost always in Bologna as Tuetonics have a bonus for bordering a pagan region, and Bologna racks up points for bordering a pagan region until the Danes convert it. Even with normalization it'll usually have enough guild points left over that by the time you crusade enough to get a knight guild Tuetonics will have priority.

Note for everyone in this thread, I'm not certain you can have both Hospitalers and Templars guilds in your Empire though this could be due to saved guild points giving the existing guild type priority, in which case the solution would be to build no Knights from the existing guild and wait for normalization so your empire-wide bonuses go back to zero. This may work, but it might not. In the past I've had Tuetonics and Hospitalers for the HRE, but I've never had Hospitalers and Templars for any faction, although I've never tried to get them in the manner explained above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast