Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Clouds Across Europe is out..

Default Re: battle screen

Thanks Z, also, Although i like the bigmap...i would suggest not using it as it can lead to an intolerable lag effect as the game progresses..

Default Re: Clouds Across Europe is out..

Hey Zeph if I download the new patch will I need to reinstall CAE?
    "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by pouya View Post
    hi zephrelial i sending u many pm and also emailiing u but u dont answer
    I'm sorry Pouya but I didn't notice them.Sorry I didn't mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker2 View Post
    hmmmmz , I think ,...if you wait en see , you will get your answer sooner.
    "normal" people will be answer'd ,before the many email/pm bombers and stalkers
    Well,I try to answer as fast as I can but I have very little time and sometimes I can't see what has been posted,just escapes my attention

Quote Originally Posted by murphy9926 View Post
    Hey Zeph if I download the new patch will I need to reinstall CAE?
    I suggest a fresh install for official patch v1.2(thats what I did).Then install CAE.
    Right now I'm working on some compatibility issues of CAE with patch v1.2,I'm trying to make sure that you get the v1.2 features+CAE features.
    Hopefully I will upload soon,I was going to upload yesterday,while I was working my cell phone was stolen had a nervous breakdown..

0.95 UPDATE

-Mod compatibility achieved with the official patch v1.2.
    -All the units are based on patch v1.2 now not to alter the patch's changes.
    -The conflict about fixing of Venetian Heavy Infantry of CA in patch v1.2 and CAE mod is fixed.

-Fixed remaining bug/s regarding the CTD occur sometimes when entering battles.

The mod download link updated
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 12, 2007 at 10:40 AM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Default Re: battle screen

Quote Originally Posted by general_varro View Post
    Thanks Z, also, Although i like the bigmap...i would suggest not using it as it can lead to an intolerable lag effect as the game progresses..
    Ah..thanks for that information general_varro..

EzE's Avatar Libertus

Zeph,

Do you plan to make this mod so taht it does not overwrite the original files? The other mods out there have been made to install into seperate folders that leave the original vanilla files untouched with the official 1.2 patch.

If you do not plan on doing this - what do I need to do to do it myself manually. Is there anything special that needs to be done to make it work in a mod folder?

Thank you,
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy, 1961
    :usflag:
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by EzE View Post
    Zeph,

Do you plan to make this mod so taht it does not overwrite the original files? The other mods out there have been made to install into seperate folders that leave the original vanilla files untouched with the official 1.2 patch.

If you do not plan on doing this - what do I need to do to do it myself manually. Is there anything special that needs to be done to make it work in a mod folder?

Thank you,
    I see your point EzE.There needs to be extra folders to be included with the mod.The size of the mod will be considerably larger.
    Also there will be some work that the players will need to do manually like copying the textures and battlemodels.model.db file from the mod folder to the vanilla folder.(after patch v1.2 it is claimed that this is not necessary anymore)

I really enjoyed this mod.. However I was playing as Jerusalem and some of the icons were all distorted and wrecked.. Example being, The ok button when looking at unit stats and stuff in game had a picture overlapping it from another box. and then it crashed to desktop on me

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    I see your point EzE.There needs to be extra folders to be included with the mod.The size of the mod will be considerably larger.
    Also there will be some work that the players will need to do manually like copying the textures and battlemodels.model.db file from the mod folder to the vanilla folder.(after patch v1.2 it is claimed that this is not necessary anymore)

well , this isnt really a problem if you got , hd space enough.
    just copy the game d:/games/Medieval II Total War -V1.2 UNTOUCHED-
    d:/games/Medieval II Total War - clouds above europe

but I played for a short while the vanilla 1.2, and still it sucks.
    IA is still stupid, they will get big army's together, but attack your legion veterans ,with only +-3 divisies at a time.
    making peace is still ,hopeless.
    the pope is a ###hole.
    and the IA could better kill himself, or surrender(because they stack*wrong* and fight like little girls).
    ect ect
    Zephrelial did you change something in your mod? because with your mod...
    these things a not that iritating (or I didnt noticed them because your mod blows me away ).
    did you,are you or will you change something in your mod with balance of these things?

now gonna try your 0.95, and cheerse mate! for all the work you have done

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    I really enjoyed this mod.. However I was playing as Jerusalem and some of the icons were all distorted and wrecked.. Example being, The ok button when looking at unit stats and stuff in game had a picture overlapping it from another box. and then it crashed to desktop on me
    ?? The icons being distorted and wrecked?Did it crash to desktop when you were playing campaign? Or when you entered a battle? If possible could you post here a screenshot of what happened?
    Note that the unpacking of files isn't required to run the mod.But if you have unpacked the files for some reason,you need to delete the files:
    geography.new.txt and geography.new.dll located in the

programfiles/sega/medieval II total war/data folder.Or otherwise due to a time stamp the game will crash when entering battle.

And about the icons being distorted and wrecked,you mean the battle interface of CAE,it is the interface I use for my personal use.You may change them within the game options.

well , this isnt really a problem if you got , hd space enough.
    just copy the game d:/games/Medieval II Total War -V1.2 UNTOUCHED-
    d:/games/Medieval II Total War - clouds above europe

but I played for a short while the vanilla 1.2, and still it sucks.
    IA is still stupid, they will get big army's together, but attack your legion veterans ,with only +-3 divisies at a time.
    making peace is still ,hopeless.
    the pope is a ###hole.
    and the IA could better kill himself, or surrender(because they stack*wrong* and fight like little girls).
    ect ect
    Zephrelial did you change something in your mod? because with your mod...
    these things a not that iritating (or I didnt noticed them because your mod blows me away ).
    did you,are you or will you change something in your mod with balance of these things?

now gonna try your 0.95, and cheerse mate! for all the work you have done
    I see.Well,for some place the hd space is important thats one of the other reasons that I am reluctant to increase the size of CAE considerably,however as there will be new additions it will increase in time,It seems.

To be honest I played v1.2 quite shortly,not too deep.But I noticed some positive changes( I played in medium/medium btw).For instance,the 2 handed units like dismounted english knights and dismounted noble knight's high armour piercing attribute works properly now,unlike I feared they fixed that in some hc way and not on edu.Also for diplomacy I noticed that the AI is more friendly and stick to alliances.(I also edited the AI files to achieve that and succeeded,but never uploaded as an AI mod since I know people usually prefer the AI more aggressive since when the AI sticks to their alliances they become kind of passive.)

Well,as for CAE I'm thinking of applying some balance changes.For the next version I will implement garrison scripting for some important cities such as Rome,Constantinople and Jerusalem to prevent the factions defend those cities with 2-3 units(that is usually the case),I'm thinking of specifying each faction's certain unit as a national unit which will be free of upkeep as well as the cost so that there may be larger stacks,and when player and AI run out of money,they may both still have some militaristic power.
    Lastly,the Pope in this game is an excommunicator machine,I once remember in my English campaign I was thinking of attacking France or not since I was threatened to be excommunicated by the Pope if I did,I decided to attack and did.I was excommunicated when I clicked on the Pope's catholic factions crosses list,I was shocked to see that I was the 9th Catholic faction that was excommunicated !!
    Thank you widowmaker,I hope you'll like it.(v0.95)

I have suggestion...have you thought of implementing Futtuwas infantry instead of turkish archers and make gazis recrutable after one builds Masdjid?

That could give Turks bit better early infantry.

Also catholics need more variation for men at arms.More early and high infantry for catholic like feudal infantry...swordsmen basically.

To make Turks field larger armies lower upkeep on some crappy units, like horse archers and azabs.If Azabs are going to be portrayed as cannon fodder, make them cannon fodder.Both Azabs and Turkish javelinmen in my games upkeep is set to 40.Horse archers 90, Turkomans 120.I left spahis at same.

To balance this, make Constantinopel City/Castle...both units city and castle units availble from Tzarigrad (Constantinopel).

Also script for capital cities getting extra troops at attack awsome.It should be hard
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post

Well,as for CAE I'm thinking of applying some balance changes.For the next version I will implement garrison scripting for some important cities such as Rome,Constantinople and Jerusalem to prevent the factions defend those cities with 2-3 units(that is usually the case),I'm thinking of specifying each faction's certain unit as a national unit which will be free of upkeep as well as the cost so that there may be larger stacks,and when player and AI run out of money,they may both still have some militaristic power.
    Lastly,the Pope in this game is an excommunicator machine,I once remember in my English campaign I was thinking of attacking France or not since I was threatened to be excommunicated by the Pope if I did,I decided to attack and did.I was excommunicated when I clicked on the Pope's catholic factions crosses list,I was shocked to see that I was the 9th Catholic faction that was excommunicated !!
    Thank you widowmaker,I hope you'll like it.(v0.95)
    yes, big city with big defences would be a mayor improvement, also for the human player.
    fight for holding ,that key city's.

btw, maybe I mist something, but when I start the game,everytime I need to
    reset the settings...
    is this normal? probely I mist something.

hope that you still will add some defence knight/warrior to the Teutonic order.
    but we will wait and see what the future brings

and yes the game was/is/will be great!

// p/s ....lol, yes if that pope would be the real pope(then),then europe,usa and the whole world would be very different
    Last edited by widowmaker2; May 14, 2007 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    I have suggestion...have you thought of implementing Futtuwas infantry instead of turkish archers and make gazis recrutable after one builds Masdjid?

That could give Turks bit better early infantry.

Also catholics need more variation for men at arms.More early and high infantry for catholic like feudal infantry...swordsmen basically.

To make Turks field larger armies lower upkeep on some crappy units, like horse archers and azabs.If Azabs are going to be portrayed as cannon fodder, make them cannon fodder.Both Azabs and Turkish javelinmen in my games upkeep is set to 40.Horse archers 90, Turkomans 120.I left spahis at same.

To balance this, make Constantinopel City/Castle...both units city and castle units availble from Tzarigrad (Constantinopel).

Also script for capital cities getting extra troops at attack awsome.It should be hard
    Again interesting and impressing suggestions as ever,Gazi.The script is now a number one priority for the next update.I think it is also time for the "free national unit feature to be implemented as well.
    I will need serious counsel upon balancing issues also.

Leo4444's Avatar Miles

How do you get patriach im playing as bizantines and i build huge cathetral and nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo4444 View Post
    How do you get patriach im playing as bizantines and i build huge cathetral and nothing.
    What exactly do you mean? When you have built the Huge Orthodox Cathedral and when you have recruited an agent what happens?

Laetus

I'm a wrong, or have the Teutonic's no navy?(p1.2 en 0.95)
    the english have no problem(for so far I can see).

Leo4444's Avatar Miles

I have a huge cathetral and wanted to know how to get patriach.Playing as bizantines.

I'm a wrong, or have the Teutonic's no navy?(p1.2 en 0.95)
    the english have no problem(for so far I can see).
    Geez..I probably forgot when creating the new EDU file according to the patch v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Leo4444 View Post
    I have a huge cathetral and wanted to know how to get patriach.Playing as bizantines.
    It might have been left out too.I'll check this.

Default how to have mod not affect default game?

I have wanted to try a lot of mods, so i downloaded a mod called "clouds accross Europe". Now i don't know how to get back to the default game, or do i have to re-install the whole game?

I tried uninstalling the mod, and now i get a message that one of the files is missing when i enter the loading screen.

Laetus

I also got the problem that my game got corrupted.
    my pictures change/corrupted ...and after some time ctd.
    tryed 3 times now , and still probs(engl and Teut).
    also seems that I'm missing units(but that I can't confirm,because I can't play full game).

hope you can repair that, I'm dying to play the mod !!!!