Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Clouds Across Europe is out..

Default Re: Clouds Across Europe is out..

I've played the 0.92 version and I've have found the following errors:

The Shiite Camel Raiders got the unit card of bedouin camel archers.

The Arab Swordsmen got a strange unit card that does not resemble the 3d unit.

The standards of the crusaders are not flashing in white when retreating neither flashing in red when fighting to death.

When you leave a city without troops with The Crusaders and Shahdom of Kwarezm, wrong banners appear.

The skins of the Mamluk princesses are distorsionated.

Some agents of the Kwarizmians dont have name.

I don't know if it is intended, but in the Dead Sea there is a useless ship of the crusaders.

In my game with the Kwarizmians, the crusaders have declared war by blocking my port, in my opinion the wars have to be declared on land.

One question, is possible make that princesses have more posibilities of marry with foreigner generals? because all the time my princesses are disgraced, and that with 82 % of marrying.

If I find more bugs, I will report them.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    Yup you were right, we havent constructed those...bummer!

Will correct that Major mistake in new game
    Okay Gazi

Quote Originally Posted by Togs View Post
    firstly looks excellent, thanks

Loaded over Vanilla with 1.1 patch

Im playing as the Tuetonic Order and it dosn't give me the option to recruit cavalry until after ive Built the 3rd level (Barons) Stables - which allows Teutonic knights and Generals bodyguard

Stables and Knights stables dont seem to work - text says i should be able to build Armenian Cavalry

also cant build any archery buildings in towns - im assuming this is intentional ? - can we get a list of buildings/units for the new factions

keep up the good work
    Ok thanks a lot there had been a mistake about the Teutons.Fixing it now.
    The problem you mentioned (armenian cavalry+Stables and Knight Stables don't work) occured last night when I was fixing the Teutonic units appearing as mercenary units problem.Now I'm uploading within 30 minutes it will be over.Please redownload to fix.
    It's not because of the mod in the towns you build militia barracks typed buildings,you build the arher typed buildings only in the castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    I've played the 0.92 version and I've have found the following errors:

The Shiite Camel Raiders got the unit card of bedouin camel archers.

The Arab Swordsmen got a strange unit card that does not resemble the 3d unit.

The standards of the crusaders are not flashing in white when retreating neither flashing in red when fighting to death.

When you leave a city without troops with The Crusaders and Shahdom of Kwarezm, wrong banners appear.

The skins of the Mamluk princesses are distorsionated.

Some agents of the Kwarizmians dont have name.

I don't know if it is intended, but in the Dead Sea there is a useless ship of the crusaders.

In my game with the Kwarizmians, the crusaders have declared war by blocking my port, in my opinion the wars have to be declared on land.

One question, is possible make that princesses have more posibilities of marry with foreigner generals? because all the time my princesses are disgraced, and that with 82 % of marrying.

If I find more bugs, I will report them.
    I will explain the reasons for these later,thank you for reporting

UPLOAD COMPLETED REGARDING THE TEUTONIC BUG
    Last edited by Zephrelial; April 30, 2007 at 04:58 PM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Default Re: Can this work with unofficial patch 1.2?

Another idea hit me Robertson,are you using bigmap?(more regions mod) CAE doesn't use bigmap so It may also be the cause of the problem.

GKRobertson's Avatar Libertus

Nope Zeph - not using big map.

Also, please call me Ken.

Thanks for all the help in trying to make it work.
    Ken Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by GKRobertson View Post
    Nope Zeph - not using big map.

Also, please call me Ken.

Thanks for all the help in trying to make it work.
    hmm..Allright Ken so it is not about bigmap.What so ever.Today while I was busy adding some new stuff and fixing bugs,I wanted to view the vanilla in order to spot a bug.
    So I deselected the medieval2.preferance.cfg files "read-only" option(properties tab)
    entered the file and deleted the
    [io]
    file_first = true at the top.Then double clicked on the mtw2.exe.I chose Poland to enter campaign.And guess what? It just sent me back to the menu.And then I couldn't enter the faction selection screen and I had to quit.
    Is this the thing that happens to you,when you try to play CAE?My point is this:

install the mod to a random folder,any folder.Enter the medieval2 folder of the mod and copy the "medieval2.preferance.cfg" file of the mod over the Programfiles/medieval2 total war.
    I guess it's worth a try Ken.Maybe somehow the installation doesn't overwrite your current medieval2.prefarence.cfg file.

i was wondering of you can play saved games from vanilla mtw2 on your mod

Quote Originally Posted by darktemplar6773 View Post
    i was wondering of you can play saved games from vanilla mtw2 on your mod
    Some features like new textures and all texture and text based changes are 100 percent save-game compatible.I can confirm that.

However,some changes of the mod such as the unit availability based on Early,High and Late eras system needs a new game,and not entirely save compatible.You don't get CTD or anything but you won't be able to recruit generals from Citadels if you continue from your save.

As a result to get the best results I strongly recommend you to first finish your vanilla campaign,and then start a new campaign with the CAE mod.I'm sure you'll enjoy it more than vanilla,because all the mod does just add new stuff and takes nothing out of the vanilla.Hope I was helpful.

Ohhh, I get more friquently CTD now.Playing with HRE, plosh declerd me war...I have autosave and custom saves, but as i should enter battle i get kicked out.Will try playing with new faction, Spanish, so I see if error is repeating there as well.
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    Ohhh, I get more friquently CTD now.Playing with HRE, plosh declerd me war...I have autosave and custom saves, but as i should enter battle i get kicked out.Will try playing with new faction, Spanish, so I see if error is repeating there as well.
    Well as far as I think have you just loaded your saved campaign game Gazi?
    I suggest you start a new campaign with 0.93.
    Or uninstall your current CAE 0.93 and reinstall the version you started your save(campaign) with.I think it's a save game incompatibility.

Laetus

is it correct that Tuetonic order in campaign mode ,only has a few units?
    or is it normal?

example , longbow archers?

besides this, your mod is GREAT!

GKRobertson's Avatar Libertus

Zeph:

Will give this a try over the weekend. Thanks for keeping after it!
    Ken Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker2 View Post
    is it correct that Tuetonic order in campaign mode ,only has a few units?
    or is it normal?

example , longbow archers?

besides this, your mod is GREAT!
    No,it's not normal.They ought to have a full solid roster.There had been a bug regarding my mistake just after the uploading of v.092. however,that had been fixed.
    So maybe you just downloaded at that time.Also keep in mind that within time new units gets unlocked according to the Early,High and Late eras.
    Thank you for your compliment,glad you liked the mod widowmaker2

Quote Originally Posted by GKRobertson View Post
    Zeph:

Will give this a try over the weekend. Thanks for keeping after it!
    You're welcome Ken,please let me know.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Does this work for unofficial 1.2 patch?

On the main Total War Center page I see that CA has put out a new patch for M2TW. Will I be able to download this with CAE or should I wait until you release a new version?
    "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by murphy9926 View Post
    On the main Total War Center page I see that CA has put out a new patch for M2TW. Will I be able to download this with CAE or should I wait until you release a new version?
    i was also wondering if i could play this with the 1.2 patch..

it does!
    i just started a new campaign with KoJ, it worked well

thanks for this mod
    Last edited by thoscme; May 06, 2007 at 06:33 AM.
    proud norwegian

Laetus

yes , I forgot to say...that I also use the 1.2 patch.
    everything works just fine, and in my case save game compatible.

I searched for further mods , but this one is the only that makes the game better(for me).

only question I have is, can I change something.
    without lose anything of this mod, but lossing the eras???
    just let the game start with high or late era?
    so if someone could help me,please

p/s Zephrelial , respect to you and all other modders.
    some people forget fast, that it take lot of time.
    to make the mods, en that is it just for fun(not your job)

respect!

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

well, i've found some bugs though..
    cardinals have the patriarch trait, and the other way around
    when you uninstall, the mod takes with it 1/2 of the game, including animations, skeletons and stuff..
    proud norwegian

Zephrelial,please tell me can I adjust the battle interface to be the ordinary one,not the one with the floating icons ?! I tried in the options to change the style but as if the other one is erased or locked ! I am used to the ordinary one and find the modern style more difficult to use in a battle where you have to react quick .
    EUROPA SEMPER CAPUT MUNDI

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker2 View Post
    yes , I forgot to say...that I also use the 1.2 patch.
    everything works just fine, and in my case save game compatible.

I searched for further mods , but this one is the only that makes the game better(for me).

only question I have is, can I change something.
    without lose anything of this mod, but lossing the eras???
    just let the game start with high or late era?
    so if someone could help me,please

p/s Zephrelial , respect to you and all other modders.
    some people forget fast, that it take lot of time.
    to make the mods, en that is it just for fun(not your job)

respect!
    Well,the game will cover at least the period that the Vanilla covers.(1080-1530)

The unlocking of the units related to the Eras of the medieval periods.(Zeph's Eras and General Mod) is an important and essential feature to CAE.It renders the faction strengths and weaknesses indicated in the faction selection screen valid.And achieves the intended vanilla faction balances.

For instance,in the campaign selection screen it says for Spain:
    "lacks heavy infantry and spears for early period." According to vanilla and without the Eras feature.This quotation is meaningless,useless.

Because once you built citadel and armoury you will have access to heavy infantry of spain regardless of turn/year.(this happens approx.about at the year 1160 according to population growth and construction time)Or once you have built a military academy you will have "Tercio Pikemen" which is originally a late period unit,late period starts at 1360+.

The Eras feature see to it that factions have militaristic advantages and disadvantages in the Early,High and Late medieval periods.

However,your request is understandable and some other people have desired not to have this great feauture,so when I have time I will release a patch that you may play CAE without this system.

Quote Originally Posted by thoscme View Post
    well, i've found some bugs though..
    cardinals have the patriarch trait, and the other way around
    when you uninstall, the mod takes with it 1/2 of the game, including animations, skeletons and stuff..
    I am aware of the Patriarch bug and it is a bit complicated to fix.Nevertheless thank you for reporting thoscme.
    It is strange that during uninstallation that according to what you say,it takes 1/2 of the game,especially animations,skeletons and stuff since CAE doesn't include animations or skeletons within its files.

Quote Originally Posted by felicissimus View Post
    Zephrelial,please tell me can I adjust the battle interface to be the ordinary one,not the one with the floating icons ?! I tried in the options to change the style but as if the other one is erased or locked ! I am used to the ordinary one and find the modern style more difficult to use in a battle where you have to react quick .
    You mean during the battles the options of "battle HUD" and "minimal HUD"?Thats impossible how can it be locked,you should be able to choose them during battle by pressing the "esc" button and clicking on the options.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 06, 2007 at 11:40 AM.