Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Clouds Across Europe is out..

Default Re: Clouds Across Europe is out..

hi, first o all i want to congratulate you Zephrelial after a deep search i found the best mod keep working

Default Re: Mod question

The mod is out, but Zephrelial is currently working on the next version. The current version is 0.9. You can download it here.

My cousin was at my place for visit this week.He played quite extensivly with Turks, up to year 1480.Myself never played this far with any faction...I just wonder, whn does one get Archer Janissaries and Janissaries with Muskets? He has build evrything almost, but none of these troops have been shown on rooster...(they are still in custom battles present)
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    My cousin was at my place for visit this week.He played quite extensivly with Turks, up to year 1480.Myself never played this far with any faction...I just wonder, whn does one get Archer Janissaries and Janissaries with Muskets? He has build evrything almost, but none of these troops have been shown on rooster...(they are still in custom battles present)
    Janissary Musketeers is available after the event "gunpowder discovered" and the royal barracks (the last tech tree of cannon,gun-typed buildings) is buit.Thats both in the vanilla and CAE versions of the game.
    And as for Janissary Archers.For CAE mod,it is a Late era unit and is available after the Timurids Invasion warn event approx. at the year 1340+.
    From the "Army Barracks" the highest tech tree of the city typed militia barracks.(VANILLA+CAE)
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Quote Originally Posted by chargers80 View Post
    That stuff is already there (I do not know how) and when I start the grand campaign the only different faction is the Saxons (which it has as 1 AD in the Prussian Area where the teutons were). When I even try to play as them it sends me back to choosing - Grand Campaign, etc.
    Ok don't worry charger I'll check this.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidus Pertinax View Post
    hi, first o all i want to congratulate you Zephrelial after a deep search i found the best mod keep working
    If you have made an extensive search and you have chosen CAE amongst them I'm really honoured,thank you Davidus Pertinax

Semisalis

I've been playing Kingdom of Jerusalem and its been enormous fun. Especlially how Jerusalem keeps being the target of Jihads. A real challenge to keep those muslim armies away (its been costing the Egyptians badly). Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstone View Post
    I've been playing Kingdom of Jerusalem and its been enormous fun. Especlially how Jerusalem keeps being the target of Jihads. A real challenge to keep those muslim armies away (its been costing the Egyptians badly). Many thanks!
    You're welcome Rockstone.I think Jerusalem is a fun faction to play with.

Strange I uninstalled my CAE.Redownloaded from the link and reinstalled 0.90 everything works fine.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; April 27, 2007 at 12:14 PM.

Default Re: Mod question

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshart View Post
    I have read a little on this mod and it sounds very promising but I am a little confused as to whether it is done or not...have there been lots of small mods that have come out as seperate dls or is there one main mod that I can dl and play? Thanks and sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
    As SirPaladin have also said the mod's screens and features are all inside it.It is a main mod that you can play all.

Default Re: Can this work with unofficial patch 1.2?

I'd like to know too..

EzE's Avatar Libertus

I think that we would all like to know what we need to do to make this work with 1.2, if you do not mind.
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy, 1961
    :usflag:
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

I myself have not tried it with patch v1.2. But NaptownKnight confirmed that it is compatible with patch v1.2 .

I noticed some bugs .Playing the teutonic order I had 2 generals stuck-one in Leathuvia near Vilnius and one on the Balkans near Thessalonicca .None of them could move in the next turns so I disbanded their armies not to waste money on them in vain .And one of them had 20 units...
    Also I had a nice 18 unit army besieged in Vienna .I could not attack the besiegers though I wanted for few turns .At last when they attacked me I was not allowed to go to the battle screen,instead the AI auto did smth(but not auto resolve) and gave me defeat without the message of how many have died,just I saw the general with 18 units fall snoring on the ground with no message.
    Is there an explanation ? Cool teutons anyway !
    EUROPA SEMPER CAPUT MUNDI

Quote Originally Posted by felicissimus View Post
    I noticed some bugs .Playing the teutonic order I had 2 generals stuck-one in Leathuvia near Vilnius and one on the Balkans near Thessalonicca .None of them could move in the next turns so I disbanded their armies not to waste money on them in vain .And one of them had 20 units...
    Also I had a nice 18 unit army besieged in Vienna .I could not attack the besiegers though I wanted for few turns .At last when they attacked me I was not allowed to go to the battle screen,instead the AI auto did smth(but not auto resolve) and gave me defeat without the message of how many have died,just I saw the general with 18 units fall snoring on the ground with no message.
    Is there an explanation ? Cool teutons anyway !
    To be honest these are really really weird bugs.You mean by getting stuck,when the next turn starts you can't move the same army next turn,too.Their movement points seems depleted for more than 1 turns?
    This is related if some region's rebels garrison you have forgotton to delete in the descr_strat.And you gave the region to the new faction.But I have not done such mistake,I am sure I have checked.
    And your second bug report.That is indeed a most surprising and ridicilous bug.Can't find any explanation for that really weird.
    Btw which version do you have CAE? or CAE V0.90? Also do you have the unofficial patch v1.2?

I have CAE 0.90 play with patch 1.1 .I didn't delete anything descr-strat ?! Should I ?! And yes the armies that are stuck have no more movement poits forever . It maybe not your mod but some MTW bug again though .
    By the way do you use Darth formations or Ultimate AI ? Can I add them to the game ?
    Last edited by felicissimus; April 28, 2007 at 09:35 AM.
    EUROPA SEMPER CAPUT MUNDI

I think he had army barracks, thats why its strange.I will check again with him and give feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    I think he had army barracks, thats why its strange.I will check again with him and give feedback.
    Well Gazi this army barracks is the latest version of Army barracks,I think it's called Royal army barracks or something.Check carefully my previous post please.
    I checked that from the game and wrote there so it will give you a better idea than I.

Waiting for the feedback.Thanks.

GKRobertson's Avatar Libertus

Everyone:

I am using the unofficial 1.2 patch and cannot get CAE to work. It appears it is not compatible at this time.

Has anyone been able to make it work with the 1.2 patch?
    Ken Robertson

Yup you were right, we havent constructed those...bummer!

Will correct that Major mistake in new game

Icon13 Re: Clouds Across Europe is out..

firstly looks excellent, thanks

Loaded over Vanilla with 1.1 patch

Im playing as the Tuetonic Order and it dosn't give me the option to recruit cavalry until after ive Built the 3rd level (Barons) Stables - which allows Teutonic knights and Generals bodyguard

Stables and Knights stables dont seem to work - text says i should be able to build Armenian Cavalry

also cant build any archery buildings in towns - im assuming this is intentional ? - can we get a list of buildings/units for the new factions

keep up the good work