Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs

Default Bugs

Please report any bugs you've discovered here.

I will actualize the known bugs regualrly in the first post, so that bugs don't have to be posted several times.

All the following bugs have been all fixed with the new PATCH:

- Missing Knights Templar captains/admirals portraits
    - KT not able to recruit first two ship types
    - Wrong textures of Trebizond Archers
    - Wrong stats of Templar Guard (had 2 instead of 1 hitpoints)
    - Conquistadores recruitable too early (only temporary fixed, so that they are very rarely recruitable)
    - Knights Templar banners do not flash when units are routing.
    - Players that use the "export_descr_buildings(for 1year per turn).txt" can't build churches.
    - Crash when pointing a priest to the Isle of Lesvos
    Last edited by King Kong; May 19, 2007 at 04:49 PM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Default Re: Stainless Steel 3.0 Bugs

probably not a SS bug but a game goofi, After I zoomed in during a seige and paused the game, it went from normall FPS to one frame every 10 15 seconds or worse,, auurrgh!

Not sure if this is a bug - but in my skipping through different factions i noticed two things about "titles":

1) only some factions have them - england & scotland do; spain n denmark don't. Is this intentional & if so will this not lead to balancing issues??

Should each region have a title or is it only some regions (but if so why inverness n not the more important spanish regions?) Is this something i can amend via one of the text files?

2) transferring the title from one general to another is a little cumbersome - you have to have them both together as a merged army? Is this supposed to happen? Am guessing it might just be supposed to be like this - different to MTW1 because the code for titles has been taken from the code for retinues/followers etc and this is how these are transferred between characters?

just asking out of curiosity really.

my download seems to have messed up voice files - the danish and i think the polish have english accents.

yup same here as dforce - my danes have english accents too - but i saw that as a bonus not a bug :p

I've noticed that Byzantium's Trezibond archers have back to front faces/hair :S Also, i cant quite remember but can Knights Templar build churches?
    Uncle Pedro once drank a whole bottle of water! - In a day?!- Heh... in two.

Wolfgrin's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by crazymofo16321 View Post
    I've noticed that Byzantium's Trezibond archers have back to front faces/hair :S Also, i cant quite remember but can Knights Templar build churches?
    Yes, Templars can build churches.

(- Actually not a real bug, but are Conquistadores recruitable too early?) -> I still need some confirmation![/QUOTE]

Yes, they do come too early. I think the problem can be easily solved (along with getting other top-end units too soon) by increasing the population level at which Fortresses and Citadels can be upgraded. It wouldn't hurt to increase the pop. levels for cities, too. I'll make a slight change to it myself and report back how it works.

Another issue is unit cost. I've noticed that in many factions, higher tier units (like Noble Spearmen, Norse Swordsmen, and Armored Sergeants) cost the same or less than inferior units (like Sergeant Spearmen, Viking Raiders, etc.) I've tweaked the costs for myself, but perhaps you could look at making a few changes in the next iteration of your mod.

When as English , deals with Scottland they replay as though they where the English, quite odd

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    (- Actually not a real bug, but are Conquistadores recruitable too early?) -> I still need some confirmation!

Yes they are. I thought that was pretty weird...also the Templar Guard unit seems to be massively overpowered.

Hi all,

I'm not at home right now and it's almost impossible to get online from where I am...

Many thanks for your reports and I'll answer all issues tomorrow and also I will release a Hotfix for the current bugs tomorrow!

For those with sound problems, look at my first post of "Stainless Steel 3.0 released" at the bottom. There should be the solution for this problem...
    Last edited by King Kong; April 12, 2007 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Hi all,

I'm not at home right now and it's almost impossible to get online from where I am...

Many thanks for your reports and I'll answer all issues tomorrow and also I will release a Hotfix for the current bugs tomorrow!

For those with sound problems, look at my first post of "Stainless Steel 3.0 released" at the bottom. There should be the solution for this problem...
    what do you mean? ive checked there, but cant find what would help

ah bugger i really am stupid

ok the point i listed above about not all factions having the titles is bollocks - i just didn't notice you only get em after the end of the first turn - doh!

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Invisible man

Councillor Gottfried, faction Heir of the Templars is invisible on the campaign map though he can be selected via the generals list. I can move his green circle around , but only if he's with another unit/character. He mostly wont move across the campaign map or enter cities on his own.

He doesn't show any traits. He attacked a city whilst in a stack with another general, but did not appear in the battle. He gained ancillaries when the city was taken.

Restarted the campaign to test and he was ok at the start. In the first campaign he may have been ok until there was an upgrade of the Capital city. Also there's a slight graphic glitch when he leaves his initial army.

Hope that's enough info.
    Last edited by Byg; April 12, 2007 at 09:02 PM.

For me the templar banners don't flash when routing

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it looks suspicious.

The Mongols have arrived and are at war with the Turks, according to the event announcements and diplomacy chart. Problem is, I can't find the Mongols anywhere. My spies are almost everywhere, especially throughout the Turkish territories, but no Mongols.

Hi DFORCE,
    what do you mean? ive checked there, but cant find what would help
    This is from my appendix and I think this will help:
    "1. If you get a crash to desktop when clicking a character on the campaign map or when you have other sound problems, delete events.dat and events.idx from the Stainless_Steel /data/sounds folder. Copy events.dat and events.idx from your main Medieval II Total War/data/sounds folder and paste them into the Stainless_Steel /data/sounds folder."

Hi freeboy,

You should also try what I posted above. I think this will solve the problem.

Hi Byg,
    Councillor Gottfried, faction Heir of the Templars is invisible on the campaign map though he can be selected via the generals list. I can move his green circle around , but only if he's with another unit/character. He mostly wont move across the campaign map or enter cities on his own.
    Well, that's really weird indeed. :hmmm: In my game he appears normally.
    I'll look into this today...

Does anyone else has this bug??
    Last edited by King Kong; April 13, 2007 at 02:17 PM.

Hi crazymofo,

yes, you're right with the Trebizond archers! I've just tested it and they really look a bit strange. I'll try to fix that today...

Hi Wolfgrin,

thanks for the confirmation regarding the conquistadores.
    And well, I didn't change any recruitment costs, so this is actually not an issue of my mod.
    However, I'll check the costs and perhaps I'll make them a bit more realistic.
    The Mongols have arrived and are at war with the Turks, according to the event announcements and diplomacy chart. Problem is, I can't find the Mongols anywhere. My spies are almost everywhere, especially throughout the Turkish territories, but no Mongols
    Actually it happens very often that the Mongols arrive much later than they are announced!
    Perhaps just play some more turns and I'm pretty sure they will arrive somewhere...
    If not, well, that would be strange, but in my tests they always appeared.

Hi Giorgos,

also thanks for the confirmation and for the note with the Templar Guards.
    I think I should prove once more if they are really too powerful...

EDIT: You were absolutely right with the Templar Guards! They had 2 hitpoints instead of one!
    Thanks again for this very important note!

Hi Onefistedboxer,

Thanks for the note!
    I really havn't recognized that the banners don't flash when Templar units are routing.
    I'll try to fix that soon...
    Last edited by King Kong; April 13, 2007 at 03:37 PM.

This is perhaps not quite a bug but ive found the diplomacy to be abit off.

3 hours into my first game ive had:
    Templars have become vassals to egypt!
    Betrayed by HRE as allies with reasonable relations
    Betrayed by France as allies when relations were reasonable

oh , about the mongols, the first scroll is some kind of warning, it says they are expanding fast and it could be a big threat. The real army will be here after they show the movie

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast