Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How To Add New Historic Events

ceretic's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: How To Add New Historic Events

Urgent help required. Is there any way to insert a line space for a new paragraph in the {TEXT_EVENT_BODY}. Currently, the entire wording is one continuous paragraph without any line spacing or paragraph breaks. How can these be inserted. I have tried <br> but this shows up. I have also tried n/n/ but that makes the whole thing go blank. Urgent assistance gratefully received!
    "Morydd left not one man of the army alive, but ordered each to be brought before him, one after another, to be killed and then flayed; and he rested for a short while, and then had the others to be flayed alive and afterwards burned." Ystorya Brenhined y Brytanyeit, Jesus MS. LXI

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

like here? )

{TEMPLARI_CONDANNATI_TITLE}Templari dichiarati eretici!
    {TEMPLARI_CONDANNATI_BODY}Da questo momento, tutte le sedi dell'Ordine dei Templari, dichiarati eretici dal Papa, saranno smantellate e i ricavi verranno incamerati da ciascun regno che le ospitava. Tutte le unità templari verranno immediatamente congedate. Sua Santità si compiace della vostra scelta di appoggiare la sua decisione, e vi ricompensa con un ricco dono di 5.000 bisanti ai quali si aggiunge un netto miglioramento dei rapporti diplomatici con lo Stato della Chiesa.\n\n
    Viene arso sul rogo il Gran Maestro dei Templari Jacques de Molay (Molay, 1243 – Parigi, 18 marzo 1314).\n
    Nacque fra il 1240 e il 1250, figlio del nobile burgundo Jean der Longwy e della figlia del Sire di Rahon. Dato che più luoghi recano il nome Molay, è soltanto per tradizione che si designa come città natale di Giacomo una Molay presso Besançon. Degli anni d'infanzia di Giacomo non si hanno notizie certe. \n
    Nel 1265 Giacomo venne accolto nell'ordine dei Templari a Beaune. A condurre le cerimonie di iniziazione furono Ymbert de Peraudo e Amalric de Ruppe. Soltanto a partire dal 1270 il nome di Giacomo di Molay riaffiora negli annali. Lo si vuole in Outremer, nome con cui in quei tempi veniva chiamata la Terra Santa. Nel 1285 Giacomo di Molay venne nominato Conte di San Giovanni d'Acri, ma nel 1290 si stabilì a Cipro e pertanto non poté partecipare alla difesa di Akkon nel 1291. Ancora nel 1291, in occasione di un Concilio dell'Ordine, Giacomo manifestò la sua insoddisfazione riguardo alla situazione interna all'Ordine e dichiarò il proposito di introdurre cambiamenti. A partire dal 1294 ricoprì la carica di capo dell'Ordine. \n
    Nel corso del processo ai Templari del 1307 fu assoggettato alla tortura avallando le tesi dell'accusa ed in seguito venne condannato alla prigionia a vita. Il sacerdote e studioso di simbolismo cristiano Louis Charbonneau Lassay ipotizzò che i graffiti nella torre del Castello di Chinon fossero opera di Jacques de Molay ed eventualmente di Geoffroy de Charney durante la loro prigionia. \n
    In seguito Jacques de Molay ritrattò le sue dichiarazioni. Ciò lo condannò al rogo assieme al compagno di prigionia Goeffrey de Charney. Il rogo fu consumato a Parigi sull'isola della Senna detta dei giudei, nei pressi di Notre Dame, il 18 marzo dell'Anno Domini 1314. L'aneddotica vuole che prima dell'esecuzione Jacques de Molay abbia invitato Filippo il Bello e papa Clemente V a comparire di fronte al tribunale di Dio. La morte entro l'anno di entrambi i personaggi non fece altro che rafforzare l'idea comune che egli fosse caduto vittima di un'ingiustizia. \n
    Sul luogo della sua esecuzione lo ricorda ancor oggi una piccola lapide. Essa si trova sul lato occidentale del Pont Neuf sulla Île de la Cité di Parigi. La lapide si trova ai piedi del ponte, su muro opposto all'ingresso al parco dell'isola.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Correct: \n in the text starts a new line, two of them start a new paragraph. It doesn't need any other formatting and it can be completely embedded. This entry will display as below:

hallo\nhow are?

hallo
    how are you?

I think I see how powerful this is. It allows us a way to use storytelling by trigger trait conditions in the campaign_script and therefore create an event to happen not based upon time or turn (but these can happen as well) but by the trait become true.

Example:
    I want to have some true and spurious events happen. A King has a spy report that the floor plan of the the knightly order forts has been smuggled back to the Kingdom. I know a graphic is called from the south_european ui with the same name as the event, but what are the physical limitations of the graphic. I suspect that the width is no larger than 367 but how long can it be?
    Tome of the Almohads
    campaign_script
    declare_counter tome_almohads_counter

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart
    and not CharFactionType moors
    and I_CompareCounter tome_almohads_counter < 1
    and CharacterIsLocal
    and IsFactionLeader
    and Trait tome_almohads = 1

if I_CompareCounter tome_almohads_counter == 0
    add_events
    event historic TOME_ALMOHADS_FOUND
    date 0 0
    end_add_events

end_if

inc_counter tome_almohads_counter 1
    end_monitor
    historic_events
    TOME_ALMOHADS_FOUND_BODY} blah blah TOME_ALMOHADS_FOUND_TITLE}blah blah

The graphic can be bad intel as well as good intel. Another spy sends a report that a tome of the Almohads has been stolen which includes a map of the fort locations in their region. These are preplaced stone forts and not able to be created so now the King thinks he has precise intel on a graphic. It might or not be correct.

If I used a reveal map coordinates command then it would give definite intel, but I don't want to do that.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; March 26, 2013 at 08:43 AM.

Blog Entries

There is no limit to the height (although not sensible) as the field will scroll.
    The width is governed by the entry in descr_event_images - the one below takes 435 picture width:

Code:
    historic_event
        icon    historic
        importance high
        heading_items    3
        footer_items    1
        width         500
        framed_body
        format
    We used the 500\435 combination in1648:

Last edited by Gigantus; March 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM.

Thank you Gigantus. I was looking at the Battle Statistic screen and thinking that would be ideal in width and height,but I'll bet that it won't look correct being a different size than other text scrolls (bad aesthetics due to lack of uniformity). Likewise, because a trait can call an information screen then through the GainMessages command, then those are simpler and don't require many new lines in the campaign_script. Extra lines in the campaign_script are notorious for creating lags between turns.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; March 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM.

Blog Entries

It's not the lines that take the time - it's the number of monitors. I have one monitor with 1200 lines in 1648 that doesn't slow it down one bit.

Hi guys, sorry for necroing but I thought it is better to post here then to make a complete new thread.

I am trying to implemend a new historic event in my favourite mod but always when I try to make it happen my game crushes ....

Here are the last lines from the logs:

21:38:31.105 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 35195 in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:38:31.106 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/darknutish/eventpics/gerudo_raiding_horde.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    21:38:31.106 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/darknutish/eventpics/gerudo_raiding_horde.tga.dds
    21:38:31.106 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/darknutish/eventpics/gerudo_raiding_horde.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    21:38:32.649 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

gerudo_raiding_horde is the event I like to use. I have also copied the event pic from another event that works fine and created an entry in the text file liked described in the first post. Any ideas?

Blog Entries

There might be a formatting\typing error in text\historic_events or the new historic_events.string.bin file didn't generate. To narrow down the error, first remove the picture and try. Then delete the historic_event.string.bin file. If that doesn't work then upload your historic_event.txt file for someone to check.

It was the historic_event file ... figured it out myself ...... sorry for forgetting to update my post

Blog Entries

Glad you got it fixed.

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Hi, all!

I've not found a way to trigger an event on more than once, for example
    I'd like to create an event that tells the player to:
    Take the faction leader to a specific location(how do I put the red arrow on the map?)
    After that, the character has arrived there(and a turn has passed) the event will be triggered.

Is there a way?

Blog Entries

It's possible, but convoluted as you will need to give the character a special (orphaned) trait so it can be tested reliably that is him that enters a specific area.

Best to post this question in the text editing workshop as it isn't specific for the historic_event.

bphl98's Avatar Libertus

how to add movie instead picture to the event ?

Blog Entries

You add the movie path to the end of the command, example: historic_event mynewevent faction\moviename.bik

A great help for things like this is the DocuDemon file.

bphl98's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You add the movie path to the end of the command, example: historic_event mynewevent faction\moviename.bik

A great help for things like this is the DocuDemon file.
    thank gigantus
    can you make some example maybe ?

Blog Entries

The example:

historic_event mynewevent faction\moviename.bik

Some explanation:

historic_event = your regular script command to trigger an event message
    mynewevent = the name of your regular historic event, nothing new here
    faction\ = the path to your movie, the path starts in the fmv folder
    moviename.bik = the name of your movie and the file extension of the movie (movie has to be in BIK format)

By adding a movie to the command you automatically replace the regular picture with the movie.

bphl98's Avatar Libertus

can you tell me where to find crusade and jihad movie ?
    i search in decs_event but i cant find it ?

Blog Entries

descr_events has a limited set of events and neither crusade or jihad will be in there (nor will they be in the script) as they are pure game functions.
    The movies themselves will be in the data\fmv folder of the main game, the 'events' sub folder I think. Sorry if I can't be more specific but I am traveling and don't have access to a M2TW installation.

If you are looking how a movie entry in descr_events looks then possibly the black plague events will have one.

bphl98's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    descr_events has a limited set of events and neither crusade or jihad will be in there (nor will they be in the script) as they are pure game functions.
    The movies themselves will be in the data\fmv folder of the main game, the 'events' sub folder I think. Sorry if I can't be more specific but I am traveling and don't have access to a M2TW installation.

If you are looking how a movie entry in descr_events looks then possibly the black plague events will have one.
    Its posible to edit the crusade or jihad event? And how to do it?
    Last edited by bphl98; April 14, 2018 at 03:53 AM.
    Maybe I am the fire that burn you, but my light will drive way the shadow that haunted the road that you take

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast