Page 10 of 258 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to TWC

solid's Avatar Civitate

Welcome to the forums Royal High Grand Dude

Something bout the forums, its the goal and dream of (almost)every member to become civitate. As you can see I failed, but with a name like that you shouldn't have any problems :

Aquarius1715

Hi, long time reader first time post. Ive been playing TW games since shogun came out and I just wanted to say hello to every one here, and thanks for creating great fourms.

Welcome to the forums Aquarius1715. Come here for all your TW needs.
    "Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation!"

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Greetings everyone, enjoy your stay!
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

SoggyFrog's Avatar Sort of a Protest Frog

Perhaps I should introduce myself as well... I'm 15 and I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I've been active in the Ogresnet community for over three years now, starting at Through the Ages, and now hold a staff position at Rise of Nations Oracle, a moderator position at Middle Earth Center, and an ogresnet e-mail. If anyone's interested, the RTS games I have right now are Empire Earth, Rise of Nations, Warcraft III & Expansion, and of course, Rome: Total War. I'm also a member of the Flying Purple Hippos clan for Age of Mythology.

I suppose the first thing I got into on this forum was the debates, my involvement in game discussion on most forums is typically less than general discussion. Frood, one of this forum's Senatorii Vechii, is a good friend of mine at school. (He doesn't have RTW yet so I lent him mine for a while during the time when my new computer was still being delivered.)

My nickname comes from a competitive obsession with folding of paper frogs I had a few years ago. I've posted topics about them frogs at some other sites, and I'm considering adding to those and posting it here as well :p
    House of Frood

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Hey SoggyFrog.. you would be surprised how many of us come from Calgary or near there. I come from a small town just south of called High River.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

well sibz, as u said many a day ago. i didnt take three minutes to use my time and post here, so here i go.

as u can and should tell, my alias here is Lord Rahl. if ya'll want more info. then just click my name. I was born in Amarillo (means yellow in Spanish) TX (means Texas). Lived there for 8 years, then moved to Hurst, TX. Lived there in the 5th grade. Then i moved to Katy, TX. Lived there for 2 years. Then i moved to Calgary, AB (means Alberta, or u can use Alta.) and lived there for 5 years. Became a major hockey bandwagon jumper (love the Flames, Go Flames Go&#33. after i lived there for 5 years i moved even further north to Anchorage, AK (means Alaska). Lived there for 2 months, and now im here in Denton, TX (means...just kidding). I now live on campus @ the University of North Texas for Music. I play Bass Trombone, and i now have the rest of my life to live.

Oh yeah, and i voted for Bush.
    no need to bush bash here, there are plenty of topics where u can do that, so bring it on and enjoy TWC!

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Hi. My name is Kenneth Sanderson, but you can just call me squid_ward in these forums. However, I'm not grouchy or self-obsessed like my username. I've been playing Rome: Total War since Day 1. I have my own forums, but my website won't be online until December 7. Hope to see you guys posting in my boards soon.

Oh yeah, my favorite Roman faction is the House of Julii (NOT because of Caesar), and my favorite non-Roman faction is the Selecuid Empire (a combo of units from different cultures are nice&#33 I love using cavalry rushes in my games, but I can also call on elephant help too! Thank you.

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Welcome to the Forums, squid_ward. I hope you will enjoy your stay.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Yes, well, since I missed this the first time, I'm mof..new guy posting use to be so easy back in the old days :p

Hi new member here. I've played both MTW and RTW. I come from the 37th ****est town in Britain and the worst countryin Britain. The sheep are nice though. only joking.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!
    Long live the Old Guard! Sic Semper Tyrannis!

TW Bigfoot

Originally posted by Owain_Glyndwr@Nov 25 2004, 06:26 PM
    Hi new member here. I've played both MTW and RTW. I come from the 37th ****est town in Britain and the worst countryin Britain. The sheep are nice though. only joking.
    tonbridge?

Civitate

Huh, I've been reading here for months, posting recently, but I missed this thread apparently. Spend most of my time in the other forums. My name's James, for those of you who might be a little slow on the uptake. I really like the site, the admins are pretty good too. My favorite site for RTW, there's not much in the way of competition. I'll be a regular here for some time, methinks. Hello to all. It's a good community.
    "Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabacthani?"(Aramaic (thanks for the reminder)) "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Proudly sponsored by: Bgreman

Wilkommen!
    "Jamf was only a fiction, to help him explain what he felt so terribly, so immediately in his genitals for those rockets each time exploding in the sky... to help him deny what the could not possibly admit: that he might be in love, in sexual love, with his, and his race's, death." - Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

Join my Dark Throne army!
    Proudly patronizing Nihil

Laetus

Hey guys! I'm a 16 year old RTW-Fan. I immediately bought the game when it came out, and I have loved it ever since. I hope to have a good time on these boards, and greetings from Holland!

Greets,

I was born in Paris, France in 1969, lived there til the age of 7, moved to Teheran, Iran where I spent two years, moved back to Paris for six years and finally went to the states(NY) in 1985...been here ever since. Ethnically / Culturally / Religiously / Nationally I'm the product of a baguette and a bagel (shapes fit the story )...my father is a French Roman Catholic and my Mom is a Beylorussian American Jew; I have French/US citizenship. I was brought up catholic but haven't been "formally" religious since my teens. My wife is from Mexico and as of August 16th, 2004 I became a Daddy...my daughter's name is Arianna. I speak French, English and Spanish fluently and speak bits and pieces of over a dozen languages...I've visited approximately 25 countries.

My favorite pastime is gaming though I also enjoy reading (currently James A. Michener's The Source-highly recommended for this community) and sports. My love for gaming started back in '84 on the old IBM playing Zork and Decathelon. Gaming evolution: Apple IIc (Zork, Wastelands, Lemmings, Lode Runner, Risk, Bard's Tale, etc.) - PC (Civilization, AoK, MOO, Fallout, TW, NWN, RTCW(competed in online leagues), etc.) I'm pretty active online (15-20 hrs/week)

I have lurked around these parts for a couple months or so and finally decided to join so I could contribute to the...ahem...lively discussions. Speaking of which I would like to start of with the below message.

Everyone poops(caca if foriegners don't know this term), more often than not it smells bad and everyone strives to provide a hygenic pooping experience for themselves and their loved ones

Regardless of sex, race, political/religious affiliation, age, socioeconomic class, etc. all humans have to poop. Whether we are talking about the Pope, a Rabbi, Khameini, Pamela Anderson, Djibril, Sang Woo, Ali, Ariel, George W. or Chirac, all of them have to, at some time, bend their knees and take a dump; the amenities may be different but otherwise the same process is shared by all. In my opinion, this common denominator is enough for me to acknowledge that no human is superior to any other. Now I'm going to use that wonderful rock song refrain to make a point: you can't always get what you wantx2 but if you try some time, you just might find you get what you need. For the sake of arguement let's categorize the word need as the minimum nourishment and shelter from the environment required to satisfy the continuing biological processes required for human survival(pooping, sleeping, etc.). I submit that all humans need to provide themselves and their dependents the ability to poop under the bare minimal hygenic conditions in order to not get sick and perhaps die. For most people living in industrialized nations this need is satisfied. In fact one could argue that the percentage of the time these people take to satisfy all their needs is at most 50% of their time(12 hours for all the required biological processes and the work/salary needed to ensure the "raw" material purchase/maintenance). The next 12 hours are dedicated to their wants: make enough money to buy their Alienware, impress a girl, purchase DVDs, ride a roller coaster, buy rocky road ice cream etc. The sobering fact is that the majority (2/3rd, 3/4ths?) of humanity dedicates 70,80,90% of their time trying to meet their needs and fall short day in and day out. These people have to decide which of their six kids get to use the one pair of sandals(parasitic worms) or one mosquito net in a morbid russian roulette scenario(malaria). Yeah I know they shouldn't have six kids but hey, who can blame them when sex is one of their sole forms of entertainment and most religions inhibit the use of contraceptives. The basic fact is that this people are teying all the time and they still can't get what they need...in face of this any human would illegaly immigrate to a better opportunity and some would go as far as to consider suicide. Do you think the Earth has enough resources to satisfy humanity's NEEDS? I think so.

So what's the message to extract from this convoluted text...you're not above any other human being. In fact we 1st worlders are poorer in many regards...this is clear to me when I give presents to my Mexican nieces and nephews and see their faces light up with deep appreciation for having something to add to their meager collection, something they will play with for imagination filled hours. Compare this to my French and US nieces and nephews and their looks betray the sense of, what else did you get me?

So, in short, keep things in perspective, stay off your high horse and don't personally attack others.

PANCAKES

Righty ho. I'm 18 years old from England. Games wise I've always enjoyed historical RTS, and it was the Age of Empires manual that first got me interested in history. I study Classical Civilisation and thus my interest in Rome: Total War.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

enjoy this forum and enjoy the many surprises it will have for you Ferrets54!

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Sup, I'm Lightbringer. I'm also Dark Knight over by Half Life Fallout. THe one with over 2k post count : But ya, this place looks really cool. I'm a big fan of RTW now.