Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ==Invasio Barbarorvm VII Discussion==

Default Re: ==Invasio Barbarorvm VII Discussion==

I prefer the vanilla barbarian invasion than this ....

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgioIII View Post
    And why?

is it my idea or does 7.01 cut recruitment times to 0-1 turns for all roman units???

I kind of preferred it when I had to wait 3 turns to train a new vexillatio of comitatenses or ala of elite horsemen - it was a lot more realistic and made me appreciate them more...

Ramon, is there any chance that you can release a 7.01 EDB with the old recruitment times? pretty pleeeeaaseee

PS: Also, I've noticed that not all western comites or lanciarii units have names (like e.g. undecimani, etc) - for example, the starting army of Constantius Caesar has a bunch of unnamed comitatenses units

I am playing the IBFD mod since version 6 and I really really like it. t is one of the best mods out there !!

I just installed and quickly scanned the 7.01 version and noticed that in Rome, despite a coliseum present, there is a barracks building you can build that has a coliseum somewhat flavium name. I think the idea was to create the coliseum as a unique building,but it seems to have gone wrong.
    Also Carthage lost it walls for some reason...

And I really like the new unit cards, but the mixture with the old cards is not very attractive...especially for the comitatenses, limitanei, normal archers and equites (are they not to much with also equites promoti present ?).
    I hope that there are new unit cards in development, it would definitely improve the game...

I've noticed a slight bug in the version 7.01.

When it installs, in the ibfd/data/world/maps/battle folder, Vouillé is not put into it's own folder. I have a solution for this:

create a new folder and call it "Vouillé". Delete "Vouillé" in front of all the names of the files in the battle folder and then transfer them into said folder.
    Hope this helps for those who wish to play it.

BTW, I am in the process of creating more battles using the new battle editor map. I'll let you know of my progress as it comes along, hopefully for the next build or two.

¡Saludos desde México!

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    I've noticed a slight bug in the version 7.01.

When it installs, in the ibfd/data/world/maps/battle folder, Vouillé is not put into it's own folder. I have a solution for this:

create a new folder and call it "Vouillé". Delete "Vouillé" in front of all the names of the files in the battle folder and then transfer them into said folder.
    Hope this helps for those who wish to play it.
    actually u can play as is, I tried putting it into the vouille folder butr didn't delete the vouille name b4 the files and no access, maybe deleting it would make it work but upgrading that would bedifficult and would mean 2 vouille battles so will leave as is

I am playing the IBFD mod since version 6 and I really really like it. t is one of the best mods out there !!
    tnx

I just installed and quickly scanned the 7.01 version and noticed that in Rome, despite a coliseum present, there is a barracks building you can build that has a coliseum somewhat flavium name. I think the idea was to create the coliseum as a unique building,but it seems to have gone wrong.
    ah, gotta check that out
    Also Carthage lost it walls for some reason...
    it should have the best walls

And I really like the new unit cards, but the mixture with the old cards is not very attractive...especially for the comitatenses, limitanei, normal archers and equites (are they not to much with also equites promoti present ?).
    I hope that there are new unit cards in development, it would definitely improve the game...
    Though It would be great if someone were to redo the old Roman unit cards (they look ugly next to the nice new ones giving the army a hotchpotch appearance).
    will be doing that slowly but surely or if anybody else is interested

is it my idea or does 7.01 cut recruitment times to 0-1 turns for all roman units???

I kind of preferred it when I had to wait 3 turns to train a new vexillatio of comitatenses or ala of elite horsemen - it was a lot more realistic and made me appreciate them more...

Ramon, is there any chance that you can release a 7.01 EDB with the old recruitment times? pretty pleeeeaaseee
    I failed to notice that, will release a fix ASAPbut the changes to thje germans will have to be merged...

PS: Also, I've noticed that not all western comites or lanciarii units have names (like e.g. undecimani, etc) - for example, the starting army of Constantius Caesar has a bunch of unnamed comitatenses units
    units spawned in desc_strat in enemy territory have no names

good for u, u are easily satisfied and amused

hi,
    noticed Condate has eastern roads, several other cities in the (france) region had eastern buildings as well but didn't wrote down which one.
    will fix this in next patch
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Primo: I noticed that RB equites stablesiani are not recruitable despite being listed in proconsularis palace description. I scaned export_descr_unit.txt and finded out that graal_knights aren't listed as romano_british unit at all! Secundo: the britsh legionares as only legionary unit are'nt able to make shield_wall formation Is this intentional or Bug? Tertio there're some eastern buildings in Cerdices, Quatro: The Lugunensis Tertia or modern Britanny shoud be part of Britain not Gaul for the pourpose of hiden resource reqiurement for troop recruitment as it was coulturaly and politicly British not gallo-roman or Frankish in erarly midle ages.
    P.S. your mod is not only best for BI but lot more better than oryginal game. The activision staff shoud fall on their swords from shame and envy.

P.S. The script responsible for longer bulding time of roaman buildings and units is gone, the pedites buclalieri shield looks wierd and defends the limes script still cousing the CTD.

Foederatus

I love the mod but every time when i want to start a campaign the mod ctd.
    Tried it with the strat models it crashes,tried it with the ca strat models it crashes(also i found out that is misses a cas file in the ca strat models i already made it so i don`t no which one anymore,sorry)anyway tried everything but it still ctd.Its a pity because it is such an excellent mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia View Post
    I failed to notice that, will release a fix ASAPbut the changes to thje germans will have to be merged...
    Cool... I'll be waiting for the fix before I start my WRE campaign ...

I just noticed a couple more issues though:

a) Hatra has been renamed to ...Mosul (????!?!?!?!?) in 7.01... I think Mosul isn't appropriate for the timeframe

b) with ERE (and this was also in 7.0) there's an ERE army in Caesarea Mazaca that can't be moved (they somehow coincide with the city and so you can't select them)

cheers

hi,

have found some inconsistencies in the game, have written them down. Here we go... (if some has already been written down before, I apologize, it's just to make the overview as complete as possible..)

Imperium Constantini : Condata has eastern royal road instead of roman one

WRE : Ravenna has no roads, Carthage has no walls, both only on strategic map. Rome has the coliseum bug.

ERE : Jerusalem has no walls on strategic map. In Caeserea Mazaca there are two armies on top of each other, a garrison an another army (can only select garrison though)

Romano-British : Venta Icenorum has an eastern royal road.

Sassanids : Ctesiphon has a roman Comites Stable (dont know whether it is intentional though). Susa has no walls on strategic map.

Franks : Colonia Agrippina has an eastern ballista range.

Persarmenians : the christian chapel is replaced by a barracks building in the building browser.

Huns : Sinda has an eastern ballista range. And in the building browser there is a temple of healing. I believe it was meant to be a shrine/grove of to Pai + there is no description (only in the building browser, there is a description when you can actually build it).

Vandals : Bracara Augusta has eastern walls instead of barbarian/roman one. Toletum has eastern walls, eastern foundry and paved roads. Gades also has eastern walls. In the building browser there is a temple of violence instead of shrine/grove to Tyz

Also, can the roman stables building card be replaced with something else? It looks a bit to german to actually fit the rest of the roman buildings...

Hope this info helps..

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Also unable to play a campaign let alone continue my campaign, the show_err says it misses a lod1.cas for a frankish officer captain. Could be because i had modified many things myself...grrrrr..

edit: OK i found it was the CA stratmap model in the ibfd\options folder that is missing a cas file the IBFD7 stratmap models work fine.

To Janus2:

Jerusalem and Carthage have walls on my campaign map. You should check if you have a clean installment..

In Caeserea Mazaca there are two armies on top of each other
    This I had too.
    Last edited by Cromagnon2; April 27, 2007 at 03:10 PM.

hmm..

I have a clean install and in version 7.0 the walls were there...
    I'll try a new install though

With all respect this latest patch sofar seem to have done more harm then good,
    the pedites bucellarii appear with a splitted shield on the battlefield (strangly enough not in a custom battle), siege towers in nightbattles come with flying torches, all unit recruitment-time reduced to one, including ships...

Janus2
    Ravenna has no roads, Carthage has no walls, both only on strategic map.
    Susa has no walls on strategic map
    Jerusalem has no walls on strategic map. In Caeserea Mazaca there are two armies on top of each other, a garrison an another army (can only select garrison though)

I have such problems too...

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Ramon,

I've noticed that the sassanian family member general has his shield inverted, and his face appears black.

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

I'm playing 7.0 (downloading 7.1 patch now) and having frustrating CTDs now while playing ERE. it's the year 427 A.D. and the game keeps crashing while cycling through the factions.
    What MAY be causing this are the constant revolts in occupied cities of Ganjak and Campus Sarmatae. Despitemy building "happy building" (anything that's good for loyalty and happiness) these cities will not cease their revolts.
    Also, while playing WRE Rebels (Constantini) I noticed that when attacking Free people these units have a blank white flag--makes it hard to tell when they are in good order or routing.
    My email is the file and I would be happy to help you playtest future versions. This mod is great! but far too unstable. Disappointing, if not actually heartbreaking (it was becoming VERY exciting until the CTDs).
    Cheers.

I noticed a bug on the shield of the badurwaja [cant spell it] theres a black square around it.

Member Of Rios Mod!
    "This is where we fight,This is where they die!"

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

Just downloaded the pathc and still get the CTD. When cycling between the Vandals to ERE the CTD occurs. HELP!!!

Tooz Just downloaded the pathc and still get the CTD. When cycling between the Vandals to ERE the CTD occurs. HELP!!!
    Try disabling the limes scrypt if you know how, cant remember the exact file at the moment. Also the skymod was causing me a very unstable game, so try to remove that too if you expierence frequent ctd's on the battlefield.
    Last edited by Cromagnon2; April 28, 2007 at 05:38 PM.