Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ==Invasio Barbarorvm VII Discussion==

Default Re: ==Invasio Barbarorvm VII Discussion==

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Duke_Spartacus View Post
    eehhm wtf? i am playing ERE and suddenly ALL of my cities go to auto manage, doesnt matter how often i turn it off at options or do it manually, they just go Auto-manage... Its very annoying and i really cant play this way Guess im too much of a mini managing idiot
    This is due to the script, when using the Ai controll faction at the wrong time. We had this problem at TFT as well. Its just a matter of changing the timeing.
    I am sorry, but I have not gotten a chance to dwld this great mod, as I am on holidays atm, but it looks really promesing. Cant wait to try it!

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by Anallein View Post
    This is due to the script, when using the Ai controll faction at the wrong time. We had this problem at TFT as well. Its just a matter of changing the timeing.
    I am sorry, but I have not gotten a chance to dwld this great mod, as I am on holidays atm, but it looks really promesing. Cant wait to try it!
    thanx for info, it seems also any other faction when forced to have diplomatic relns w/ WRE will have the problem

I do love the new version. Those new sassanid skins are truly to die for. A couple of things. I've noticed when playing WRE that a some point the game jumps over the ERE which can be very annoying, as you then cannot play the WRE. I don't know if this is part of the forced diplomacy thing.
    maybe not the forced diplomacy but cetanly the script, this sometimes happens, I realy do not know why but not all the time

Also, I noticed you have changed the recruting arrangements for many units. I think it would be a good idea to post a doco which outlines these changes so people can fully understand the issues around recruiting troops.
    good idea, will do

Lastly, Razor's skins are great, but seem to suffer from using the same face for many troop types.
    but from that its just a matter of slightly improving the textures, overall they are still the best late Romans I've seen
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; April 04, 2007 at 04:24 AM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

*sniff* I would have liked to test the game, but probably my graphic adapter got a bad malfunction. 3D and video do not work properly.
    *double-sniff*

How come in export_descr_unit.txt, some of the units got attribute "thrown ap"? Isn't it supposed to be "thrown, ap"

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Hi Ramon, want to report an error with the script. When i siege the romano occidentalis with the romano orientalis next turn the seige get disbanded and i get a ctd.
    I am now going further without the script and hope i wont mis too much goodies
    Otherwise great mod.

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

had another ctd on the battlemap while attacing walls, but that could be random.
    What about the hunnic foederatii (light cavalry) only have a recruit cost
    of 80 and upkeep 20, shouldn it be 800, 200? Cause hunnic cavalry was the best those times, or is the cost intended?

Also something wrong with the Armenian heavy cavalry (mercenaries), they have archers wich cannot shoot.
    Last edited by Cromagnon2; April 05, 2007 at 11:50 AM.

I've noticed that there are paved roads constructed in Ravena region but actually no roads are present in the campign map.
    Last edited by cpl_Shephard; April 08, 2007 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpl_Shephard View Post
    I've noticed that there are paved roads constructed in Ravena region but actually no roads are present in the campign map.
    didn't notice that one, will check it out

had another ctd on the battlemap while attacing walls, but that could be random.
    hmmm, how, when did it happen?
    What about the hunnic foederatii (light cavalry) only have a recruit cost
    of 80 and upkeep 20, shouldn it be 800, 200? Cause hunnic cavalry was the best those times, or is the cost intended?
    I copied values over from the normal Hun cavalry. they should be higher

Also something wrong with the Armenian heavy cavalry (mercenaries), they have archers wich cannot shoot.
    also probably failed to edit that

Hi Ramon, want to report an error with the script. When i siege the romano occidentalis with the romano orientalis next turn the seige get disbanded and i get a ctd.
    I am now going further without the script and hope i wont mis too much goodies
    Otherwise great mod.
    thats a feature of the script, u automatically become neutral so ERE and WRE couldn't attack each other, but yes theres been a lot of CTDs reported w/ that script so might scrap it

How come in export_descr_unit.txt, some of the units got attribute "thrown ap"? Isn't it supposed to be "thrown, ap"
    thrown ap is different from thrown, ap; thrown ap I noticed usually for franciscka in vanilla BI
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Why every comitatenses or lanciarii cohort has a legion name.Isn't it reserved for prima cohortis, which is not present in the game anymore...i think?

And is it possible for you to make fresh recruited cohorts take the names of already anihilated ones.Names are very cool but it's a bit lame having "Legio LV Herculii Seniores", for example.
    Last edited by cpl_Shephard; April 10, 2007 at 01:14 AM.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

I have a complaint about buildings negative aspects - lower trading

May i ask why?

This i ask becuase there is no logical explanation why would these buildings lower trade.....

Had three problems at my Sassanid Empire campaing at VH/VH using script:

two of my cities...Panggur and Campus Sythia are having problem to expand when completing the required citizens...

Campus Sythia completed 6000 inhabitants and the message that the city needed expansion appeared but the expansion building did not!!
    It appeared just lots of turns after when it completed 6000 inhabitants again(Armies construction have reduced it to 5800) and was at automanage.

At Panggur the same thing happened but it was after 12000 inhabitants and i couldn't find a way to solve it 'till now...

Another problem is that the Ghilani's batle map skins are with problems...

Usual CTD's but no gamebreakers...BTW, this mod rock's!!!

Ramon...have you ever played Europa Barbarorum??? It have lots of features that you could put in your mod...I think theyr team could let you use this features and adapt it to your mod timeframe if you put it in the credits...If you want it just ask them at The Guild...

Quote Originally Posted by MaximianusBR View Post
    Ramon...have you ever played Europa Barbarorum??? It have lots of features that you could put in your mod...I think theyr team could let you use this features and adapt it to your mod timeframe if you put it in the credits...If you want it just ask them at The Guild...
    will look into it if have the time.

Had three problems at my Sassanid Empire campaing at VH/VH using script:
    two of my cities...Panggur and Campus Sythia are having problem to expand when completing the required citizens...
    hmm, strange problem...

Another problem is that the Ghilani's batle map skins are with problems...
    yes, noticed this, too

Usual CTD's but no gamebreakers...BTW, this mod rock's!!!
    thanx

I have a complaint about buildings negative aspects - lower trading
    May i ask why?
    This i ask becuase there is no logical explanation why would these buildings lower trade.....
    contrary to that, I am of the opinion that it is illogical that u can train cavalry w/out any penalties when u do not have horses (u have to import them)- or steel weapons/armor when u do not have iron.
    where would u get these horses and iron? u'd have to import them and that costs money, unfortunately there is no way to control how resources are imported/exported in RTW (if there is then that would be great).
    one other possibility is to limit building of these buildings depending on the availability of the resoiurces w/c would be just as unrealistic.

Why every comitatenses or lanciarii cohort has a legion name.Isn't it reserved for prima cohortis, which is not present in the game anymore...i think?
    no more prima cohortis. they were not actually 'trained' to be prima cohortis as much as chosen among the available units to be the prima cohortis, anyway. this is another limitation of the engine... for the barbarians especially, u do not 'train' the elite troops as much as elevate the more experienced/trusted among the lower tier troops to elite status.- w/c simply can't be done in RTW

And is it possible for you to make fresh recruited cohorts take the names of already anihilated ones.Names are very cool but it's a bit lame having "Legio LV Herculii Seniores", for example.
    I have no idea how this can be done
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Ok, i also thought about that. Thnxs for explanation

I must say that this mod is great. Im now playing WRE on VH/VH, already doing +13k per turn. I must say i was suprised when Vandals started invade me in Africa and on islands .

There is one thing i dont like - scripted ceasefire between WRE and ERE - they siege Salona and again and again.....how do you disable this?

I also like the new family tree - onyl royal family, still lot of governors and commanders

Sometimes there are minor bugs when rebel ships attack me there is no or some other unit picure ( i will post screenshots tomorow ).

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have no idea how this can be done
    That is easy. Do not train many units with that certain name.

Have you ever considered making mercenaries retrainable?

Icon6 Re: ==Invasio Barbarorvm VII Discussion==

hey wassup.

had same problem as MaximianusBR.. or similar.. mi cities are not expanding.. i mean... i get to the amount of pop. i need and then the expansion building do not appear... as if they cant be build ... i check the building tree and it says that i CANT build that at the moment... this hapnes with the alemanni in their first two cities.. cant rememer their names.... can i build huge cities with alemanni?

cheers, mods great!

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

I have also troubles with expanding city - no expanding buildings

I have also troubles with expanding city - no expanding buildings
    the Germans cannot build huge cities. they have to conquer huge cities from the Romans to be able to reap the benefits.
    they did not have an organizational structure that can equal Rome's and where they did, it was because they learned it from the Romans... hence the 'Dark Ages' after the fall of Rome.
    This is also one of the checks and balances for the factions in game, the Germans get cheap units very easily, but cannot really progess much unless they conquer Roman territory.

re MaximianusBR's problem
    Sassanids should be able to build huge cities... will check just in case

Have you ever considered making mercenaries retrainable?
    I have no idea how to make them retrainable w/out making tham also 'trainable'

That is easy. Do not train many units with that certain name.
    I mean how to train a Legio I Herculii Seniores when Legio I is annihilated and ur already up to Legio LV, or isn't this the way the engine works? am not sure.

There is one thing i dont like - scripted ceasefire between WRE and ERE - they siege Salona and again and again.....how do you disable this?
    u can either install the 'no scripts file' or edit the script - both ways are savegame compatible

I also like the new family tree - onyl royal family, still lot of governors and commanders

Sometimes there are minor bugs when rebel ships attack me there is no or some other unit picure ( i will post screenshots tomorow ).
    I've also encountered that... have no idea what's causing it
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Im playing WRE and i cant build governors palace etc when my city expands...

Othervise i had to start new campaign. Last savegame had CTD when IC is on the move.....