Thread: A Statement From imb39

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Default A Statement From imb39

OK. I do believe it is time to make a statement.

I joined the site in 2004. I joined for some certain videos, which shall remain nameless. A year later I was asked by Garb to become his first Civitate. For me, still, the highest honour I have. I do owe him so much as he fed me much of the history of TWC, much of it forgotten. I then spent last year going for a moderating position and rising up the ranks. Never in a million years did I expect to be in this situation. But I am.

To be honest, right up to the last minute, when I was discussing it with Ogre, I still was not convinced until he actually said it. Even now I still find it hard to accept what has happened.

We have a vibrant but torn Community here. Actions carried out by many were poorly thought out in many ways, though I can understand the rationale at the time. Any continuation of this behaviour, either through posts or rep or PM’s will be looked at dimly.

That was then. We are moving into waters not charted for some time, with a freedom of action, I suppose, that is much freer. It is not totally free. We have many objectives we need to achieve. The transition of the site will take place in the next fortnight or so.

Firstly, there will be little in the way of change regarding the Curia until the sale is completed. Discussion about it is fine. Take the opportunity and use your new found confidence to discuss the content of the site. The theme you want. Other things can wait. Even when the transfer happens there will not be 100% democracy at TWC. I simply do not think it is a viable option. I am a lousy debater but my conviction quite firm on that.

So, what do we need to consider in the short term. Well on the technical side Simetrical is working hard on many arcane things which, in truth, mean little to me. Though we need to consider whether we shall stay with the current servers or move to the ones that have already been set up.

Ultimately we want to expand the facilities of the site for the mods. To offer hosting facilities. Despite my Common Community background, I recognise that the mods are the key for the site’s development. I’d also like to use the love of strategy games and expand the Circus Maximus area.

At the end of the day, many will not get what they want when changes, if any, are decided and implemented. How we respond to such adversity will be crucial. I have made a leap of faith in my discussion with Ogre and challenged the view that the Community cannot do this. Please prove me right.

Imb39

Default Re: A Statement From imb39

Anything is possible Imb, and with our present leaders I believe what you set out in that post is possible more then it is possible to make a paper airoplane from a piece of balsa wood. It'll be difficult, but its possible, even probable that it can be done, no matter what tools are at our direct disposal.

Like Imb sayed, now that TWC has taken a historicall step with the hard and determined work of many community members.I think for us as members should ask ourselves the question what we can do to help to proof that the community is up to this test.
    Now is the time for us to keep our heads cool and contribute so a new strong foundation for the new TWC can be build solid.
    For my part, im ready to help as much as i can and hereby offer my humble services to the community if needed on anything. I have been mostly lurking after the Besim events but im ready to take more active role again if needed.

Kage

No, that isn't a banana

After the last little while, things can only get better, right?

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Imb as long as you value the Curia and don't randomly ban people I'll be happy. And by value I don't mean total democracy, though I do hope some democratic elements will be restored.

Oh, and I think you know my opinions on this
    I’d also like to use the love of strategy games and expand the Circus Maximus area.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

This can only be a good thing. Glad to see a coup-d'etat have a happy outcome for once in these parts. To everybody else: try to follow Imb's example by playing the politics-part as low-key as possible. Imb obviously made a sizable monetary sacrifice for the greater good, and still he is humble enough to play it down, try to follow his example on this. If you want to honour him (understandable in this personality-worshipping culture that we live in), try to do what he would want you to do.

Don't make a storm-cloud in a glass of water. It has often happened, and people on the outside notice. Especially when something negative has happened. But if something positive happens, there's no reason to exaggerate that either. Moderation cannot apply to negative things but not positive things, moderation ought to apply to all instances. Many of the emotional over-dramatization of events at TWC have spawned even worse sub-events and controversies. This has disenfranchised/disaffected some friends of mine (including me), but I think this latest development has put many of these worries at ease.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE