Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too many Estates, not enough parks.

Default Re: Too many Estates, not enough parks.

if policy becomes the role of the 1st estate, and not hex, what then is the role of the 3rd estate? (the curia)

and how will the relaitionship between Hex and the 1st estate work in practice?

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Default Re: Too many Estates, not enough parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    I don't think it is a vast change from what we have (had) so I think it is worth supporting. Since most people outside of hex haven't really voiced many objections maybe the people from Hex could post them so that those with less aptitude for politics could understand possible faults?

So far so good though. I mean if it doesn't work we can always reshuffle but it I can't see an issue.

Peter
    Ok, I'll run through my general objections. It should be noted, that I agree with much of the general intent of Imb's proposal, namely the guiding principle Imb proposed. However, I think Imb's plan does a poor job of implementing the supporting the principle, hence my objection.

1st Estate - The primary objection I have. I don't see the need. How is it capable of running the site better than hex is? Especially considering becoming a member of hex is based on your ability to help run the site, so hex is the optimal model for site management, if you think the best people should be doing a given job. Further, I'm concerned with the effect this proposal would have on hex. It creates an inequality among hex members, as some have say on full policy, while others are limited to hex policy. Lastly, the "Curial seats" on the 1st estate fail to help the Curia at all, as Imb's plan gives the Curia say by giving it to two people instead of granting policy say to all.

2nd and 3rd Estates - I object both to the lack of mechanisms granted to the Curia, and to the granting of senatorii the tribunal. The Curia gains no say in this proposal. Now, compare this to what those who favored a simpler more focused plan in hex, who have already moved to create the Curial decisions bill and so forth. As for the senatorii forming the tribunal, I think it is a flawed ideal. First off, senatorii have resigned for a reason. Second, why is that if your a trib you can't overrule anyone, but if you resign, you can now overrule any moderation decision right on through hex and imb? Its illogical. Also, I don't trust that every senatorii is capable of handling the resposibility of overturning moderation decisions, hell, I'm not sure I trust all of staff in that regard.
    I don't like the idea of non-staff being able to overturn any within staff, and I think the system we have run since the creation of TWC, higher ranks can overturn lower ranks, has always proven effective.

4st Estate - I don't think that content should be seperate from general staff. It, of course, deals with a different area, but moderation staff and content staff are each staff in my mind.

Estates General - I don't what Imb is speaking off when he says the old system of self-referrals, so perhaps I need that explained to me. But I do know that the current system of patronization has been around since I joined the site, and has always proven very effective.

Technical - I don't like this group being broken off from current staff. It has never been an issue before, and provides no tangible benefits while potencially creating strife.

Thats a quick summery of my major objections. I can go further if some provide reason to.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12