Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The God Help Me Thread... (A new Constitution)

Default Re: The God Help Me Thread...

Yet you give the curial represenative special status by denying him the privaleges given to all other members of Hex. I find that less easy to justify then position stemming from an area which had majority support to be out of reach of the staff let alone the curia.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

what do you mean less status? I am staggered by that to be honest. Explain to me why he should have moderating rights.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Guard View Post
    I like it bar that I don't think the COntent manager should have to be ratified by the Curia. The content should be separate from the Curia until dictated otherwise by a later decision.
    All hex must be Curially ratified; this way we get a CM who is perfectly acceptable to all, but selected by Content Editors.

Explain why the others do, quite simply, what places him apart other then that the Curia voted him into office?

Explain why the others do, quite simply, what places him apart other then that the Curia voted him into office?
    Errmm... Because they are Staff and some need those rights to do function. Moderation and admin rights are not awarded by right but by need. To do in any other way is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Where should he have moderating status of? The others take theirs from their role; the Curia Representative should not, by default, have such status being as how his role does not mean he ha anywhere within his remit for the application of such status. That's all by default, remember, and I think that Hex can if they so choose grant him moderator rights.

The Curator will have local moderator rights. They could be the same person as the Curial Rep. If someone is that desperate to wield magical powers, that is the way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by imb39 View Post
    Veto status, I can live with, not moderator status. This seat is not granted for the power hungry but for those who are happy to simply put in their ideas and wisdom.

Moderator powers do not lay with the Curia, save the Curator.
    You base this on the assumption that moderator powers = power. Moderator powers and admin powers are tools of implementation and nothing more, no member of hex has power as an individual and only has power with the majority of the others supporting him. In TWC knowledge = power.

However I suggest a compromise. Make it more flexible. If the elected, ratified, whatever ... member of Hex has moderator experience and could help the site in that area, Hex should have the ability (enclosed in the syntagma) to award his power.

You can do this easily -

Curial Representative: Serves a term of x months. Is elected by the Curia from the rank of Patrician from a shortlist of nominees. Has posting rights inside of Hex, But generally does not possess moderator status or veto on moderation actions.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

I don't think that is needed Beli. I thought the idea of this was for the moderating to be done by the 'moderation branch'. You don't see the content interfering in technical or the moderators in content so why everyone else in moderation?

However, this should not bar people from becoming moderators if they are in one of the other branches or vice versa.

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

The theory is good but i would probably change a few phrases if it was me - i'd also like to see more use of bullets and bold font (and colour when those are decided i suppose)

Anyway, some thoughts on two sections for now:

The Hexagon Council
    The Hexagon Council (Hex) is the policy, executive, and administrative branch of the Total War Center government. It is composed of 5 five Ppermanent Ppositions and an undefined number of other members representing different aspects of the site.

Each member of Hex is intended to lead policy decisions for their branch of the site. All members fulfil day-to-day administrative duties and all should discuss and coordinate their policies inside the Council. but It is expected however that the representative for each branch will be the main link, and in some cases the leader, of that branch. The 5 five Permanent seats on the Council are:

• Owner: The Owner acts as the financial administrator, and is granted a permanent seat on Hex, as there are facilities and accesses only he will have (financial records, etc.)
    • Technical Administrator: Is the head of the Technical branch, and is appointed by Hex from existing Technical members with their input. Is in charge of deciding accesses for junior technicians and other technical responsibilities. Decisions such as software, etc., are also his realm and he is to work closely with both the Technical Branch and the Hexagon.
    • Chief of Content: Is head of the Content branch, and is selected for Hex by existing Editors, from the existing Editors, with Hex approval.
    • Chief of Moderators: Is Head of the Moderator (Staff) branch, and is selected for Hex by existing Senior Moderators, from the existing Senior Mods, with Hex approval.
    • Curial Representative: Serves a term of x months. Is elected by the Curia from the rank of Patrician from a short list of nominees. Has posting rights inside of Hex, but does not possess veto power or moderator status.

All members of Hex, while being appointed by Hex themselves, are subject to a ratification vote in the Curia immediately after appointment, which they must pass in order to remain within their position in Hex. At any time a Citizen may initiate proceedings asking for a Hex member to step down due to inactivity or abuse of duty by posting their case in the Curia; however, frivolous use of this power may result in a hearing under the Citizen's Behaviour Act. While this vote of no confidence is exempt from veto, it is non binding in all cases except that of Curial Representative.

just a few ideas on the moderator section at the moment - I changed some references to staff to moderators and such.

Moderating Branch
    The Moderating Branch enforces the ToS Total War Center's Terms of Service (ToS). There are two categories of Moderator:.

• Strategos (Senior Moderators)

The Senior Moderators are in charge of oversee all
      Moderation at TWC on the Total War Center forums and They are led by the Chief of Moderators, who they elect to Hept The Hexagon Council from amongst themselves.

They Senior Moderators are promoted appointed from among the Junior Staff Moderators to Senior Staff by the existing Senior Moderators. Their numbers shall vary depending on the needs of the forum at a particular time. They All Senior Moderators have Global Moderation powers and canmay hire and fireappoint Junior Moderators at will but a ratification vote must take place after the appointmentsubject to Curial ratification. Some Senior Moderators may have administrator rights, depending upon what duties they are required to undertake.

• Tribounos (Junior Moderators)

The Tribounos Junior Moderators are the front line moderators responsible for the majority of day-to-day moderation on TWCthe Total War Center Forums, and are themselves directly responsible to the Senior Moderators who may over rule their moderation decisions. The Senior Moderators have the power to hire or fire Tribounos at will, but, all selections must pass a ratification vote by the Curia. Junior Moderators are appointed to their positions by the Senior Moderators, subject to ratification by the Curia.

The total number of Tribounos Junior Moderators, their assignments and powers are set by the Senior Moderators.
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

It seems simple enough. I like simple. All the other ones seemed kind of confusing

So I like it.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

I made other changes too. Carry on Spiff... That bit is clearly the fault of jp and Ozymandios.

Bel, you fail to answer my question to SG - which is pertinent. Why should they have moderating powers? Over what? Why should they have admin powers? Over what?

I made other changes too. Carry on Spiff... That bit is clearly the fault of jp and Ozymandios.
    Why didn't you do it yourself then?

I agree with Spiff's changes.

I love you both dearly, but clearly any mistakes are down to you two...

Bel, you fail to answer my question to SG - which is pertinent. Why should they have moderating powers? Over what? Why should they have admin powers? Over what?
    Hex, in my mind is a group of equals who should share the same core priveleges - Moderating powers, lesser administrative powers (to deal with those tedious renamings and so on) and veto powers.

Will this vote mean that Sim, as a Technical rep, will loose his Global mod powers? He wont be a member of the mod branch. Why should he have a veto that is Curial in nature?

Should Fab as Curator loose his moderaitng powers, his moderating seniority? His veto? His Admin powers?

Should Gig as Content manager loose his mod powers and moderator veto?

I mean they are all hex and will all fill in a role.... either I am missing something or this doesnt make much sense.

On admin powers, Curator will need them to move groups, banners, medals and so on.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    Hex, in my mind is a group of equals who should share the same core priveleges - Moderating powers, lesser administrative powers (to deal with those tedious renamings and so on) and veto powers.

Will this vote mean that Sim, as a Technical rep, will loose his Global mod powers? He wont be a member of the mod branch. Why should he have a veto that is Curial in nature?

Should Fab as Curator loose his moderaitng powers, his moderating seniority? His veto? His Admin powers?

Should Gig as Content manager loose his mod powers and moderator veto?

I mean they are all hex and will all fill in a role.... either I am missing something or this doesnt make much sense.

On admin powers, Curator will need them to move groups, banners, medals and so on.
    OK. clearly you aren't aware how Hex operates at the moment. It operates exceptionally well in this regard. We all have differing levels of admin access depending upon what is required for OUR FUNCTIONS.

The curia Rep is just that. He is a representative of the curia. He has an equal vote. he has an equal say. So far, I see nothing to justify it. It is all phooey over some imaginary status element. I cannot imagine anyone worth their salt is going to dismiss a post in Hex simply because person x doesn't have any moderating ability. If that is the case, then that person is not fit for Hex imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12