Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lion Of Flanders - Flanders Faction Mod

Default Re: The Lion Of Flanders - Flanders Faction Mod UPDATE 27/04/07 V1.1 Released

I have not tested it yet, but I reccomend playing Deus Lo Vult mod. It includes the Flanders mod and adds allot of features to the game etc. And It definatly works with 1.2

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309

Pagan.

WoTN Member. Skinner.

Lion of Flanders 1.1 mod:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88837

Default Re: The Lion Of Flanders - Flanders Faction Mod UPDATE 27/04/07 V1.1 Released

I played DLV, and When I did, I took Flanders

The problem with DLW is that the map ask too mutch for my computer (and my computer is a big machine...) and all moves on the map are slowed down when I ask fast moves, witch is not verry fair

I regret they has changed the guard of german zweihander sword carried by zweihander and Gothic knights by a "V" guard like claymores have.

A "T" guard is historicaly correct, why change ?

So my opinion is mitiged about this mod. Verry good presentation, anoncing verry accurate historical stuff (with beautyfulls splashscreen and wallpaper), but the map is verry slow and some unnecessary non-historical changes.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Looks very welcome this mod - anyone got it working with 1.2 vanilla? Thanks.

looks like nice mod

hey, can someone put up some screenies for the new units? or rather, textures?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

I couldn't find in the download files a flemish shield this could be your problem! could you please fix the mods problem it seems to be really cool!

Fredjeb's Avatar Laetus

Where can I find this faction mod on the site?

Default Re: The Lion Of Flanders - Flanders Faction Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Embax View Post
    I really like this mod since i'm from the flanders myself. the problem i have is i think that when i click flandersfaction.bat i get the error with the message that this program is being used by a other program. Also when i click around the flag 1000 times tryed no luck... plz help me i want to play your mod!
    That's happening to me to
    could somebody explain this
    Last edited by scostens; December 09, 2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling error

Taxandrius's Avatar Praeses

Icon3 Re: The Lion Of Flanders - Flanders Faction Mod UPDATE 27/04/07 V1.1 Released

say, I've got a little question. I'm busy at a mod focusing on the Low Countries and I wondered if you're interessed in working together with my ( VERY SMALL ! ) team to give Flanders just that bit it would need. If not, could I use some of yer units ( after downloading your mod ofcourse )?

Tax,

Vlaenderen den Leeuw !

I would, but I have very little time because of work, real life and modding for WOTN. But feel free to use my units. They do need some work though. If you have some questions you can always PM me and I'll help you if I can.

Vriendelijke groeten!

Vlaanderend de Leeuw!

Pagan.

WoTN Member. Skinner.

Lion of Flanders 1.1 mod:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88837

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This doesn't work
    21:31:00.000 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    21:31:00.000 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    21:31:00.015 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    21:31:00.015 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    21:31:00.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    21:31:00.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    21:31:00.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    21:31:00.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    21:31:04.171 [script.err] [error] Script Error in flandersfaction/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 11050, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'Mutatawwi'a'.

21:31:04.171 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file flandersfaction/data/export_descr_unit.txt.
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Default Re: The Lion Of Flanders - Flanders Faction Mod

Quote Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
    i downloaded it into the mtw2 folader, then i exstracted it into the folder and now i have a folder called, flandersfaction1, i open that and the .bats in there, when i double click it, it pops up for a split second then dissapears. how do i make it work?
    i'm having the same sort of problem. I double click the the flandersfaction MS-DOS batch File and it starts for a half a second then disappears!

I have a problem, in I play with flanders, i can't convert towns to castles and vica versa, but with the other factions i can. Any help on that??

Aymar's Avatar Foederatus

Hey DeZzErX,

Do you still visit these forums?

I really liked your Flemish faction mod, I played it a few times in Deus Lo Vult. But I still think it can be improved. I am a little bit of a 2D artist (I spent a lot of time in arts academy) and I'd like to help you.

It would be very nice if we could give the militia and infantry units you created some colours and emblems that were used by the Bruges, Gand and Ypres guilds back then. If you want, I'll upload some designs this weekend.

I would like it very much to help you with the historical research if you want to. I read a few things about the Flanders and the low countries in the medieval era (and I am from Flanders myself), so I think my knowledge would be very useful. (to give a small example, it would be nice to rename the flemish pikeman to 'Flemish Geldon infantry' as the long spear that the flemish used in those days was called).

Taxandrius,

If you are still around. I would like to give you a hand with your mod idea. It is an idea I've also been thinking about a lot. The low countries were in a very interesting situation during the Middle Ages. Situated on the border between the Holy Roman Empire and France. Also, there was a lot (by a lot I mean more than in other regions) intermarriage between the Noble families, what made that regions switched rulers and sides all the time. It made also that the low countries had a very very independent and progressive culture in comparison with some other parts of western Europe.

If you still want to make that mod, marriage politics and the allegiance with either the French king or the German Emperor would be very interesting things to work on. It would also make the mod more unique in comparison with other mods concentrated on specific small areas of europe.

I read that the 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' mod replaced the pope election system with a German Emperor election system. That would be an interesting system to use to represent the allegiances to either the king of France or the German Emperor in the low countries.

It would also be interesting to have the possibility to unify the low countries, like the Duchy of Burgundy did in reality. You could give a specific title to the faction leader that accomplishes this, something like 'Grand Duke of the West'

Contact me, if you guys are still into this. Perhaps we can talk in Flemis/Dutch then, it would be much easier for me than in English.

Though my medieval 2 is V1.3, I still gave it a try. Everything works fine, except for the fighting part, I can't play them in the custom battles and when I try to take over Bruges in the grand campaign I get an error every time I should get the battle screen where you can choose for auto-battle or to play the battle yourself. The siege screen works perfect, havn't encounterd any other problems, just the battles. It's probably due to the v1.3, but I would appreciate any other help from the more experienced people out here. (first mod )

(never mind, after some searching and clicks in the dark, I'm now taking over the world under the flemish banner )
    Last edited by Gotlander; March 01, 2009 at 03:26 AM. Reason: problem solved

i'm clicking download & its saying page not found!?!?!?! can u fix the link ??? looks really great

† Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat

Laetus

hey, i've just registered to this site, and I got a question.
    My winrar doesn't really work proper and I really want to play the flanders faction bad.
    but, if I want to do it manually than I have a problem, there is a:
    readme
    .cfg file
    flandersfaction map
    flandersfaction.bat
    and a data folder

when I go to the MTW2 folder there is already a data map, so where do I've to put these files?
    please help, i'm really looking forward to play this mod, looks great.

You should use a modfolder, and not copy it in your MedII folder

Do you have Kingdoms expansion ?

Laetus

why cant i download the originale and the new pacht it says paige plzz explain

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

you can download the "deus lo vult" mod.
    the "lion of flanders" is included in dlv.
    latest version is 6.2 + bb2.9

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast