Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: RELEASED - Asterix FM2010 Complete Overhaul (& FM2007, FM2008 material, tips, discussion)

Default Re: Asterix updating FM2008 and tips and Major FM2007 Update

iv done it made the club reputation higher and then sent my young talant there lol
    My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Have you had a look at the 2009 demo yet, Asty?
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Have you had a look at the 2009 demo yet, Asty?

Yes I have - thinking whether an update for December makes sense. Might just go for January.... anyways my data editing fits in well... I don't like the fact that SI doesnt really make many changes every time they pull 40 bob out of our pocket, but it helps my work (less to redo)

There is actually no change to the data structure, so I can even make old data files work here with the proper league editing.

I would say I am 40 percent off of where I want to be.... Italy and Germany I have noticed to have some major flaws in the demo in terms of data.

Also... I wish they would provide more club logos etc.... the whole skin is ugly (I always used custom skins anyways) and the generic logos and uniforms looks like Commodore 64....
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Yes I have - thinking whether an update for December makes sense. Might just go for January.... anyways my data editing fits in well... I don't like the fact that SI doesnt really make many changes every time they pull 40 bob out of our pocket, but it helps my work (less to redo)

There is actually no change to the data structure, so I can even make old data files work here with the proper league editing.

I would say I am 40 percent off of where I want to be.... Italy and Germany I have noticed to have some major flaws in the demo in terms of data.

Also... I wish they would provide more club logos etc.... the whole skin is ugly (I always used custom skins anyways) and the generic logos and uniforms looks like Commodore 64....
    I really can't wait for this Asty!
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Nice Thanks for support guys I need it (so busy in RL) -

Generally one positive is that they seem to have improved the generic content generation here, so it will help fill in the void.

I have nearly completed major publications in countries etc.

What might take time.... is the logos and banners... I hope the community is ready to adapt the 08 ones asap.... I will try my own. I hate the generic stuff FA provides.

I also hope the 3d engines extras are rendered better. But the engine does feel good! (I was skeptical) ... but they did the best thing possible, adapt the 3d engine into 3d, so the game mechanics dont change.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Quick question Obi Wan. You mention that you allocated transfer budgets to make it more realistic. Does it mean that playing as ManU I wil have more than £12.5m transfer budget (that what I got in demo), so that shouldn't be a problem for clubs like Real or Chelsea to buy couple of superstars on the beginning?
    Because now Chelsea have transfer budget like £39m and that not enough if we think about top striker or midfielder, unless you sell some of your players, when in reality usually they getting player they want. At least they increase Real Madrid budget from £11m (in 08 version) to £48m this time, but it still not enough to buy Cristina from ManU

Quote Originally Posted by sander454 View Post
    Quick question Obi Wan. You mention that you allocated transfer budgets to make it more realistic. Does it mean that playing as ManU I wil have more than £12.5m transfer budget (that what I got in demo), so that shouldn't be a problem for clubs like Real or Chelsea to buy couple of superstars on the beginning?
    Because now Chelsea have transfer budget like £39m and that not enough if we think about top striker or midfielder, unless you sell some of your players, when in reality usually they getting player they want. At least they increase Real Madrid budget from £11m (in 08 version) to £48m this time, but it still not enough to buy Cristina from ManU

Well - first, I am designing the update to be a Jan/early Feb 2009 start... I like to force the actual season to proceed at least partly according to plan.

Next, I believe clubs like Real, Manure, Chelski, Inter, Bayern etc. don't really opperate on a "real" transfer budget system... meaning they spend when the opportunity arises, as demonstrated by past purchases way out of any preestablished transfer budget.

Looking at budgets more closely you see that the rich never fit within them.... the game does not simulate this well, but with the way my data is augmented the system works better with more generous budgets. So a Real or Manure will have more than 300 or 400 million budgets.... using this appraoch in the past I have found that the number of transfers is rendereded far more realistic than the original model over a number of years, and the cash flow improves greatly.

So in short yes, yes and yes... but not in summer 2008

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Hey Asty, how is this going on?
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

First version ready on Friday

Includes:

REVAMP Of 42 National Teams and players and counting
    REVAMP of all European and South/Central American Leagues (not done on some lower divisions yet)
    Enabling of Germany and Holland and J-League to be represented.

Revamp - every player edited to fit more realistic model, club dynamics adjusted for realism, all coaches and staff edited accordingly.

My first release will be Friday.

I might release another version by Christmas, but the main release will be February 1st at the end of the next transfer deadlines (with transfers slotted for future transfers) - am Hoping SI fix the league starting date bug.

PEace out friends

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

First version ready on Friday

Includes:

REVAMP Of 42 National Teams and players and counting
    REVAMP of all European and South/Central American Leagues (not done on some lower divisions yet)
    Enabling of Germany and Holland and J-League to be represented.

Revamp - every player edited to fit more realistic model, club dynamics adjusted for realism, all coaches and staff edited accordingly.

My first release will be Friday.

I might release another version by Christmas, but the main release will be February 1st at the end of the next transfer deadlines (with transfers slotted for future transfers) - am Hoping SI fix the league starting date bug.

PEace out friends
    Nice!

Sol lucet omnibus.

I'm guessing to enable to J-League ,you will have to remove a league from the database , is this correct?

I have longed to play the J-League for ages now.

Will you change all the I.D numbers too ?
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

<3. Sadly I'll have to wait till the 18th to devote my life to Asterix's FM2009.

I am getting chinks in my FM schedule work and RL is getting in the way... but will still endeavour to have something released asap.... might be a tad late...

Enabling J-League means actually having it run... but since there are major data holes around it I will only make correct teams and players (and bank accounts) appear for now... it won't be playable until future versions.

Huntelaar to R.M. and Schuster out are already being implemented.

Right - I am managing to average at 2-3 hours per day for last Month and a half..... I found so many complete errors (the Argentine researcher and Chile researcher, not to mention a complete absence of quality African research) ...

I have done about 1/2 of the world's top 200 National Teams and U21 and U20 teams ... and the more you do the more you realize how useless some of the researchers for FM are.... sorry but honestly... some of the stars of national teams on the rise are completely wrong etc...

So far I have found around 60 players from top leagues missing completely (and added them....)

So I hope you are patient with me and I hope to bring you a first version when I have done a first full round through... which can be next week and it can be a little bit later. THe cumulative version will be after the January transfer season though....

Your feedback is welcome here:

I will post in the Barbarian Taverna for help with Leagues I need more info on like Finnish league...

Just one thing, you have given Pukki at least a -9 on potential, right? (Teemu Pukki at Sevilla)

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir View Post
    Just one thing, you have given Pukki at least a -9 on potential, right? (Teemu Pukki at Sevilla)
    Better... seen him train and think he is extremely promising with blistering skill.. Sevilla is good for young players... this could be the best striekr Finland has had, even better than Forsie....

Better... seen him train and think he is extremely promising with blistering skill.. Sevilla is good for young players... this could be the best striekr Finland has had, even better than Forsie....
    Yep. I was very disappointed to see SI given Lauri Dalla Valle a -9 while Pukki only had -8. Also, Johannes Westö of HJK should have a higher potential, like -8 or so. He'll play for HJK's first team next season, he debuted in the first team this season.

Making good progress and will try to release a functional and sizeable version before christmass. Have done many of the minor leagues and now plowing through Premiership and Championship.... just reduced Alan Smith's sportsmanship rating from 18

How are you doing Obi Wan? Any chance to let us know when you planning to make your first release???

I have opted to delay it... working on it intensly now several hours a day...

Basically I found huge gaps and mistakes in Data... so far over 100 players in wrong clubs, large errors for African National Teams and as I mentioned around 50 plus missing top flight players (3 South African National Teams from the North Coast had new rising stars completely missing... ) besides that a lot of the data is bogus so the work volume is quite large.

In the end I am implementing transfers live now as the window has openned but I should have something beta and very useable by the end of this week or next weekend.

Off course I will have the final version on February 1st the day after the window closes

I started off light but now this has become my most complete update since 2004 which I am very happy with after play testing

It makes the experience of playing lower divisions and South Africa as well as national teams a lot more fun and realistic, and gives a much greater random edge to the game....

Among other things I am also reconstructing the Japanese National Senior and Youth Team and major players of the J-League which I think is a huge gap in the game given many important players still play there and the league is quite rich.....
    Last edited by Obi Wan Asterix; January 05, 2009 at 06:33 AM.