Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RELEASED - Asterix FM2010 Complete Overhaul (& FM2007, FM2008 material, tips, discussion)

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default RELEASED - Asterix FM2010 Complete Overhaul (& FM2007, FM2008 material, tips, discussion)

Finally finally (sorry about endless delays) I present you with the:

ASTERIX FM2010 COMPLETE OVERHAUL .95

I have meticulously redone the whole FM2009 database, including European, Asian and South American teams.

It changes the concept of player quality a tad, as I believe that the original FM database has a misguided hierarchy of quality. My personal experience with the football world coupled with my passion for the game have amassed a useless football knowledge.... until I could pump it over 100s of hours into this database

Anyways watch this space, download, and enjoy the following changes/ updates:

Gameplay:

1) Many, many, many more prospective players from developing countries pop up and shine for a game before proceeding to fail.
    2) Enjoy playing the lower divisions, knowing that your boys are great and you dont really need Leo Messi.....
    3) More realistic classical positions for national styles of play... skilled Brazillians with ego problems, Tactically disciplined argentines with adaptation problems, flair and trick armed columbians with discipline problems, rising powers in the Caucasus and Central Asia, a footballer mine in almost every African country, Credit to the former greats gracing the lower leagues....
    4) Redone finances for clubs to stimulate a more realistic and realistiocally active transfer market
    5) Better scouts and coaches, making the longer team game more enjoyable.
    6) A "talent" concept which brings more realistic results and player development

Data:

Revamped lower and premier divisions for all League countries, including histories and stastics

Revamped club relationships

In the words of EB.... I "left no stone unturned"

If you are interested or have any comments suggestions post below by all means...

Download link: (Instructions below)

http://files.filefront.com/13431358

List of major changes

1. Complete League overhaul for All divisions in England, Scotland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, FYROM, Montenegro, Slovenia, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Russia, Argentina, Colombia, South Africa, Peru, Chile, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, all Central American Countries including Mexico, all remaining European Leagues and all African Countries who are ranked in top 100 and more.
    2. Realistic restructuring of finances to make a more realistic transfer market
    3. Revamping of coaches and staff to raise the amount they can assist you in your campaign
    4. Game set up to give realist results for 2008-2009 season.
    5. All competitions have realistic names, and the missing National Teams and players have been enabled
    6. Used professional scouting reports to update 100s of promissing U19 players.
    7. Dont be surprised if unknown players end up in top European teams, just like really happens...
    8. Competitions are much more fierce now, top clubs cannot neglect their leagues anymore
    9. Corrected countless data errors
    10. Balanced international competitions and league formats to realism
    11. Updated all data to February 2009.... will release another update for summer transfers on August 31st after summer transfer windows in Europe close
    12. And many more.....
    Full instructions are included in my post below....

The 2008/2009 Transfers until Ferbuary 28th 2009 are here. All the leagues, extensive and playtested.

Here are instalatation instructions:

1) Make sure you have a version of FM 2009 9.3 installed. (I welcome the use of graphic mods and logo/skin/facepack mods, they will only enhance the game and player id's were carefully not touched in my update)

2) Download the database pack from the filefront link below.

3) Extract it to C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USER NAME]\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db

4) Start a new game with a large database and the league combination of your choice.

5) VERY IMPORTANT! Go to your FM2009 database file (varies if on steam or not) and delete all content in:

a) .....football manager 2009\data\db\900\lnc\all
    b) .....football manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\lnc\all
    c) .....football manager 2009\data\updates\update-920\db\920\lnc\all
    d) .....football manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\db\930\lnc\all

For Best Results:

1) Load as many leagues as possible, at least all European and South American Leagues if your machine can handle it, and choose the leagues that you are sure will not interest you as "view-only"

2) Load additional players from countries for all African and Central American countries, Japan, Iran and all European leagues you are not playing, this is time consuming but I promise will serve to balance out and enhance your game. I load all footballing nations from the top 80.

3) Try to squeeze in as many active leagues, especially lower divisions, in which I have used available scouting material and season stastistics to significantly raise the quality and promise of key players.

4) I recommend run at the very least the full Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Mexican and Colombia leagues even if you are playing in Europe, this will give a realistic supply of players from these countries in Europes than the original FM engine provides. I write professionally (on the side) about the football leagues and I hope you will enjoy my meticulous work with the player pools of these countries.

5) Also I highly recommend run a league that starts in March 2009 (Sweden or Belarus), this will make you ready to play the final month and take part in the summer transfer frenzy that follows.

I hope you enjoy this 70 plus working hour update as much as I did making and playing it... your comments and feedback are most welcome. I hope you will also post your positive stories from realistic transfers and such that occured.

Asterix

Download link

http://files.filefront.com/13431358

Logo and Facepack Installation Instructions

(This material is a compilation, only some of which is mine, since I downloaded the date from

this blogger: http://football-manager-blog.blogspo...m-09-logo.html

I do not know the orignal creators of this material despite having searched and searched. If anyone can help I would appreciate it)

I believe: http://fmglive.com/ is responsible for large ammounts of this great work which now has been updated.

Instuctions:

players A-I http://files.filefront.com/playersAt.../fileinfo.html

players J-Z http://files.filefront.com/13513262

logos

1. In your C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 directory\graphics makes sure there are two folders created "players" and "logos"
    2. Unzip the two players files into the players (keeping the directory structure in French don't worry)
    3. Unzip the logos file into the logos
    4. Start the game
    5. In preferences in the section general makes sure "use user date folder for temporary files" is checked
    6. In preferences in the section Display & Sound makes sure "Use Skin Cache" and "Always Reload Skin on Confirm" are checked.
    I highly recommend you use windowed mode to avoid "access array out of bounds crashed"

NEW LINK SEPTEMBER 03 2009:http://www.filefront.com/14458967/Asterix%20Database%20Overhaul.rar and http://rapidshare.com/files/275262791/Asterix_Database_Overhaul.rar

Edit, September 2 2010: The new data file is attached here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...42#post7999442
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; September 02, 2010 at 03:43 AM.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Default Re: The meticulous Asterix FM 2007 database overhaul

Good job. I love that game. Truth be said, after a while you don't even see spreadsheets and numbers. All you see is future stars slipping through your fingers and team problems permeated by the occasional success. It's one of the most addicting things ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos - Zahos View Post
    Good job. I love that game. Truth be said, after a while you don't even see spreadsheets and numbers. All you see is future stars slipping through your fingers and team problems permeated by the occasional success. It's one of the most addicting things ever.
    Glad to hear it Giorgos!

I hope you will try a game with my database.... it involves a very detailed overhaul, are you from Greece? (I have even updated the Cypriot league) how many leagues can you run?
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Glad to hear it Giorgos!

I hope you will try a game with my database.... it involves a very detailed overhaul, are you from Greece? (I have even updated the Cypriot league) how many leagues can you run?
    Yes, i am from Greece. Glad to know you've worked on the Greek league as well.
    I have a rather ninja pc so i can run all the leagues i am interested in without slowdowns. Usually i run GRE, ENG, SPA, GER, ITA, FRA fully detailed. I find that these leagues provide the best experience for me without killing the game's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos - Zahos View Post
    Yes, i am from Greece. Glad to know you've worked on the Greek league as well.
    I have a rather ninja pc so i can run all the leagues i am interested in without slowdowns. Usually i run GRE, ENG, SPA, GER, ITA, FRA fully detailed. I find that these leagues provide the best experience for me without killing the game's performance.
    Great Giorgos! I think the classic Euro championship Greek players were underepresented in the game... too weak

Right, as promised, but extensivelly playtested, I bring you the intense database enhancement for FM 2007. My long experience with the sport, and input from experts has sought to make a much more realistic long-run game combined with a more enjoyable and competitive environment.

In addition to a complete revamp to all leagues except Asian leagues and Australia, this including the lowest divisions, I find that this database enhancement uses the game's feature's much better.

There are more potentially great players around, but they require more care not to become half-achievers or worse. Old veterans returning to their leagues of origin can still contribute significantly. There are more coaches and less-famous capable players to be discovered with close observation and scouting.

The most extensive work was done to international competitions, with a complete revamp of player data for ALL African Central and South American countries. Just try it and let me know what you think.

Here are instalatation instructions:

1) Make sure you have a version of FM 2007 7.02 installed. (I welcome the use of graphic mods and logo/skin/facepack mods, they will only enhance the game and player id's were carefully not touched in my update)

2) Download the database pack from the filefront link below.

3) Extract it to C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USER NAME]\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db

4) Start a new game with a large database and the league combination of your choice.

For Best Results:

1) Load as many leagues as possible, at least all European and South American Leagues if your machine can handle it, and choose the leagues that you are sure will not interest you as "view-only"

2) Load additional players from countries for all African and Central American countries, and all European leagues you are not playing, this is time consuming but I promise will serve to balance out and enhance your game. I load all footballing nations from the top 80.

3) Try to squeeze in as many active leagues, especially lower divisions, in which I have used available scouting material and season stastistics to significantly raise the quality and promise of key players.

4) I recommend run at the very least the full Argentina, Brazil, Mexican and Colombia leagues even if you are playing in Europe, this will give a realistic supply of players from these countries in Europes than the original FM engine provides. I write professionally (on the side) about the football leagues and I hope you will enjoy my meticulous work with the player pools of these countries.

5) Also run a league that starts in March 2004 (Sweden or Belarus), this will make you ready to play the final month and take part in the summer transfer frenzy that follows.

I hope you enjoy this 70 plus working hour update as much as I did making and playing it... your comments and feedback are most welcome. I hope you will also post your positive stories from realistic transfers and such that occured.

Asterix

Download link
    http://files.filefront.com//;7751785;;/
    Last edited by Obi Wan Asterix; June 11, 2007 at 10:46 AM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The meticulous Asterix FM 2007 database overhaul RELEASED

Great release Asty, your also next in line for the front page.....

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Great release Asty, your also next in line for the front page.....
    Thanks Halie, are you not a big (European) football fan I remember correctly or was the Mim?

So there's the Finnish League, Veikkausliiga too??

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir View Post
    So there's the Finnish League, Veikkausliiga too??
    Yes, with all National and U19/U21 players updated as well as youth players from Dutch scouting reports. It also has Litmanen ready to sign for free

W00T!

Although, basing on last week's Finland-Poland (which I saw live), Litmanen is "out-of-style" as we now have the Russian-imported Eremenko-bro's

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Litmanen plays in Sweden. Don't know why, but he does.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Litmanen is 34 and leaving Malmo soon... he is physically way past his prime at the moment..... unlike the Ermenko brothers (and their coaching father) who are fantastic players

Wow, you know alot.

Do you also know about the owl (Eagle Owl I believe is the correct definition of that bird) who flew around the Olympic Stadium in Finland during the Finland-Poland game? Might add that as an event... (Auto win to Finland! )

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir View Post
    Wow, you know alot.

Do you also know about the owl (Eagle Owl I believe is the correct definition of that bird) who flew around the Olympic Stadium in Finland during the Finland-Poland game? Might add that as an event... (Auto win to Finland! )

No was not aware... but it wasnt an auto win for Finland

TW Bigfoot

cheers

Whoa great job, love the game, even though I mostly play 2006 on my laptop I have 2007 on my comp ^^
    Want to try this but loading so many leauges the leagues? sounds like every rund is going to take a long time

Quote Originally Posted by UniQ View Post
    Whoa great job, love the game, even though I mostly play 2006 on my laptop I have 2007 on my comp ^^
    Want to try this but loading so many leauges the leagues? sounds like every rund is going to take a long time

If you load the view only leagues it is enough... or make sure you load all players from the leagues you are not playing.... what type of comp do you have? I have really played around with speed and run 68 Leagues from 39 countries on my Dual Core 1.6 laptop with 2 GB Ram.

One tip for speed is only run the top league of the leagues you are less interested in... but the beauty of the UEFA Cup, Champions League and Internationals with less known clubs and nations represented is worth it. For instance in my game Karpaty Lviv managed to hold A Toni and Ribery Bayern Munich to a draw at home allowing my Marseille to leap frog them in the Champions League with an away 2-1 to Porto.

The games are more challenging with this update, and its more realistic to want to make an unknown team well known in 2-3 years now.

Which League do you normally play?

Laetus

I thought I was going crazy seeing this on the frontpage after coming from a FM forum

I'll give it a go when I get bored of my current game, knowing me that shouldn't be long.

Quote Originally Posted by Viles View Post
    I thought I was going crazy seeing this on the frontpage after coming from a FM forum

I'll give it a go when I get bored of my current game, knowing me that shouldn't be long.
    Nice how many leagues can you run?

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast