Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Map

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Map

Quote Originally Posted by Alexios Komnenos View Post
    The Spanish regions are really strange. I am Spanish, so I can assure you that Navarra never reached the point to cut Aragon's access to France (with Aragon I mean the province of Zaragoza), and Barcelona controlled the Roussillon since the XVIIth Century, aand in the XIIth Century also controlled Montpellier, Narbona, Marseille and Foix.

The map that Trabuc has shown is about 1000-1100. Look at this map:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Forgive me, but I don't understand what your point is with the map. I'm also not sure what you are talking about with regards to Aragon's access to France.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; May 15, 2008 at 12:40 PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

LC- do you need the translation of the legend ?

:hmmm:
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

no
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    Forgive me, but I don't understand what your point is with the map. I'm also not sure what you are talking about with regards to Aragon's access to France.
    Well, it seems for your map's screenie that Navarra (Pamplona province) is cutting Zaragoza province's access to France. It reaches all the southern Pyrienees until Catalonia. And for some strange reason, Narbonne reaches deep south of the Pyrinees (I hope I'm writing it well), when in fact was Barcelona who reached deep north of these mountains. It's nothing about gameplay, since you can pass through enemy or neutral territory without problems, but to see Navarra "conquering" all western Pyrinees... looks very weird for me.
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alexios Komnenos View Post
    Well, it seems for your map's screenie that Navarra (Pamplona province) is cutting Zaragoza province's access to France. It reaches all the southern Pyrienees until Catalonia. And for some strange reason, Narbonne reaches deep south of the Pyrinees (I hope I'm writing it well), when in fact was Barcelona who reached deep north of these mountains. It's nothing about gameplay, since you can pass through enemy or neutral territory without problems, but to see Navarra "conquering" all western Pyrinees... looks very weird for me.
    -Languedoc does not cross the Pyrenees on my map.
    -Barcelona does reach past the Pyrenees on my map.
    -Zaragoza's borders do not reach border France, nor should it.
    -Pamplona's borders are extended a bit on this map. Not much, however. There are some places on the map, Bordeoux, for instance, which are far more exaggerated in the area the cover.
    -Also, as I have mentioned before, this map is not the final map anymore...some things came up, so I had to adjust some things...Huesca has been added, for instance.

-John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadking View Post
    Are you sure removing land bridges is a good idea? Wouldn't that mean the Byzantines will die a they can't reinforce Anatolia and Nicea with reinfocements from Constantinople? The cruusaing armies of Europe will also probably go through Russia as well. I think that if the landbridges are removed, at least the Byzantine land bridges should be kept as its crucial to gameplay (Both the Byzantines succeeding and crusaders reaching Holy Land) with the addition of Turks enetering Europe. This is my only concern.

The map however, looks quite good
    if its a thin spot like the ones you mentioned, park a few ships there. then the troops get on ship, and go right back on land.

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

Could you make Cornwall a nation as you are using BigMap?
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse

Quote Originally Posted by Lord de Lyonesse View Post
    Could you make Cornwall a nation as you are using BigMap?
    I don't think Cornwall really fits this mod.

-John G. Hartung

why the map looks like the vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by ALFAJI View Post
    why the map looks like the vanilla
    What on earth are you talking about?

-John G. Hartung

What on earth are you talking about?
    about the map of your mod its sizes looks like the vanilla game

This is the finished map_regions.tga for Middle Ages: Total War.

-The map is based on an early version of Spurius' BigMap that I have modified to include 199 regions.
    -All land bridges have been removed from the map.

Preliminary screenshots of all regions will follow shortly.

It's bigger and has many more regions than vanilla.

-John G. Hartung

c` mon people! you can`t just add regions wherever if you want any historical acuracy! look at Italy there are atleast 5 or more regions just there! my only complaint with this wonderful map is I would like to see Africa more filled out with regions and resources but that is just my personnal desire (love sending those dogs back to the desert!) and have played this mod it is as good as any! in fact in some ways better! but all mods shine in thier own way! be glad people are still working to better the game
    my two cents LoL!
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; September 02, 2010 at 05:19 PM.

Map looks very nice and all, but i can't figure out whats that green faction in baltic. Can somene help?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123