Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Map

This is the finished map_regions.tga for Middle Ages: Total War.

-The map is based on an early version of Spurius' BigMap that I have modified to include 199 regions.
    -All land bridges have been removed from the map.

Preliminary screenshots of all regions will follow shortly.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; April 26, 2007 at 09:47 AM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: Map

Are you sure removing land bridges is a good idea? Wouldn't that mean the Byzantines will die a they can't reinforce Anatolia and Nicea with reinfocements from Constantinople? The cruusaing armies of Europe will also probably go through Russia as well. I think that if the landbridges are removed, at least the Byzantine land bridges should be kept as its crucial to gameplay (Both the Byzantines succeeding and crusaders reaching Holy Land) with the addition of Turks enetering Europe. This is my only concern.

The map however, looks quite good

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadking View Post
    Are you sure removing land bridges is a good idea? Wouldn't that mean the Byzantines will die a they can't reinforce Anatolia and Nicea with reinfocements from Constantinople? The cruusaing armies of Europe will also probably go through Russia as well. I think that if the landbridges are removed, at least the Byzantine land bridges should be kept as its crucial to gameplay (Both the Byzantines succeeding and crusaders reaching Holy Land) with the addition of Turks enetering Europe. This is my only concern.

I was concerned about this as well. After initial testing, it doesn't seem to be a big deal. The AI armies are much better at using ships than they were before the first patch (for instance, during testing, I love to watch Ireland send her diplomat by ship to Britain in the second move). After the entire map is set up, we'll test and test again.

Rest assured: if the removal of any of these things affects gameplay. It will be fixed. We want to the game to work properly and the only way to do that is test, test, test...

Thanks for your input.

LC
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadking View Post

if its a thin spot like the ones you mentioned, park a few ships there. then the troops get on ship, and go right back on land.

In that case i have no issue. Good luck with the mod.

Nice map

Matthĉus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

yes map is good. balcan provinces are much better than in vanilla

HereticFang @

don't spread it here
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

@LC

I think that you should remove one province like Mallorca or Malta and make a new one in Estonia.

Tallinn was the trade capital of the Baltic sea from 12th century to the 16th one . I know that this mod doesn't concentrate to Baltic areas, but still I think that Tallinn is quite important.

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    @LC

I think that you should remove one province like Mallorca or Malta and make a new one in Estonia.

Tallinn was the trade capital of the Baltic sea from 12th century to the 16th one . I know that this mod doesn't concentrate to Baltic areas, but still I think that Tallinn is quite important.
    I think you are correct, but we have to find somewhere else...Malta and Mallorca need to stay on the map.

-John G. Hartung

To those people who keep nagging about Sweden and any other Scan. place

Too be historically honest the Scandinavians played a TINY role when comapring factions such as those in the holy lands, hre, Italian city states, france and etc...

they were excellent mercs for the Byz. Empire and others, but their rise didn't come until the Union of Kalmar which really isnt Medieval....

Not saying they arent important but i dont see why we should expand the map in order to put ANOTHER scandinavian. Since the year is 1080 the Emirates in the Holy Lands would be SOO much more important. Damascas, Aleppo and Baghdad.
    Last edited by The Vich; April 16, 2008 at 11:36 AM.

yes i agree on almost a province more in the baltic ...maybe we can remove something in lower egypt and arabia

IrAr's Avatar Senator

How about the North American region?

Quote Originally Posted by IrAr View Post
    This is not a terrible idea. I also think that there are too many desert regions. So, we'll see.

-John G. Hartung

@LC

What is the city in provence, France?

Is it still Marseille? If it is we should Change it to Avignon. Avignon was much more important those times than Marseille

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    @LC

What is the city in provence, France?

Is it still Marseille? If it is we should Change it to Avignon. Avignon was much more important those times than Marseille
    You are right about Avignon. I will look into it and see what we can do.

-John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by IrAr View Post
    You could do what the HRR team did in their mod. Because of all the regions they created in the part of the map they focused on, they had to cut down the extents of the map. For instance, they map did not include ANY of North America (the mod was focused on 1080 to 1300), much of Africa was cut out (eliminating Egypt and causing the Moors to have little room for expansion into Africa), and cutting off many Eastern regions (the Easternmost sea is no longer visible). You should really look at their mod to see how much they changed the map.

You can fimd it here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ysprune=&f=498

@LC

Could you send me somekind list of regions and settlements, so I could check it out and tell you what to fix?

-Heretic

Wake up...

What are the regions in Spain and France?
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; May 02, 2007 at 10:53 AM.

@HF

Relax, man. I'll get it up...I don't have the list written out like that, but I will do it when I get around to it. I have been very busy with school lately...so when I get a chance to put this stuff up, I will.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Okay.

I understand you hurries at school. I would just like to have some advance in our progress

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast