Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Map

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Map

This is the finished map_regions.tga for Middle Ages: Total War.

-The map is based on an early version of Spurius' BigMap that I have modified to include 199 regions.
    -All land bridges have been removed from the map.

Preliminary screenshots of all regions will follow shortly.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; April 26, 2007 at 09:47 AM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: Map

Are you sure removing land bridges is a good idea? Wouldn't that mean the Byzantines will die a they can't reinforce Anatolia and Nicea with reinfocements from Constantinople? The cruusaing armies of Europe will also probably go through Russia as well. I think that if the landbridges are removed, at least the Byzantine land bridges should be kept as its crucial to gameplay (Both the Byzantines succeeding and crusaders reaching Holy Land) with the addition of Turks enetering Europe. This is my only concern.

The map however, looks quite good

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadking View Post
    Are you sure removing land bridges is a good idea? Wouldn't that mean the Byzantines will die a they can't reinforce Anatolia and Nicea with reinfocements from Constantinople? The cruusaing armies of Europe will also probably go through Russia as well. I think that if the landbridges are removed, at least the Byzantine land bridges should be kept as its crucial to gameplay (Both the Byzantines succeeding and crusaders reaching Holy Land) with the addition of Turks enetering Europe. This is my only concern.

The map however, looks quite good
    I was concerned about this as well. After initial testing, it doesn't seem to be a big deal. The AI armies are much better at using ships than they were before the first patch (for instance, during testing, I love to watch Ireland send her diplomat by ship to Britain in the second move). After the entire map is set up, we'll test and test again.

Rest assured: if the removal of any of these things affects gameplay. It will be fixed. We want to the game to work properly and the only way to do that is test, test, test...

Thanks for your input.

LC
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: NEW FACTION: Ériu (IRELAND)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    The Irish faction (who will be based on the Ui Briain) will begin the game with Tir Eogan in Ulaidh (northernmost of the 5 Irish provinces on the map).
    What are the other 4 settlements and which ones are towns and castles?
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; March 15, 2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: added quote for continuity. moved from factions thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm07 View Post
    What are the other 4 settlements and which ones are towns and castles?
    Castles are Waterford and Casltebar-
    Towns are Dublin and Limerick and Tir Eoghan (The names in the mod are in Irish, but I am not fluent enough in the language to spell them correctly without looking them up.)

LC

-John G. Hartung

Would you not just stick to the main settlements of Ireland... Dublin(Baile Atha Cliath) and Limerick (Luimneach) as already included but Cork (Corcaigh), Galway (Gaillimh) and Armagh (Ard Macha) aswell instead of Waterford (even though that was important), Castlebar and Tyrone :hmmm:

In that case i have no issue. Good luck with the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm07 View Post
    Would you not just stick to the main settlements of Ireland... Dublin(Baile Atha Cliath) and Limerick (Luimneach) as already included but Cork (Corcaigh), Galway (Gaillimh) and Armagh (Ard Macha) aswell instead of Waterford (even though that was important), Castlebar and Tyrone :hmmm:

I think that for 1080 our regions are pretty good... Cork and Gallway weren't much more than villages. Armagh, while significant had to be superceded by Tir Eoghan because that is where our line of kings comes from. Baile Atha Cliath was actually a village outside of Dubh Linn. Its use today reflects the Irish Republic's desire to incorporate the Irish language into their geography.

This discussion actually belongs in the MAP thread.

LC
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; March 15, 2007 at 05:30 PM.

-John G. Hartung

Nice map

Matthĉus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

yes map is good. balcan provinces are much better than in vanilla

Default Re: --help Wanted--

@LC or Fra

Do we have region map ready? I f we don't I could possibly code new regions and settlements to the map, if you just send me the original files (I have stupidly changed the vanilla files on my own game ).

-Heretic

I'll replace that !"#¤% finnish settlement.
    Btw are we giving names to regions? I think that it sounds boring when you have Helsinki Region and so on. So are going to change the names like the BigMap mod does?

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    @LC or Fra

Do we have region map ready? I f we don't I could possibly code new regions and settlements to the map, if you just send me the original files (I have stupidly changed the vanilla files on my own game ).

-Heretic

I'll replace that !"#¤% finnish settlement.
    Btw are we giving names to regions? I think that it sounds boring when you have Helsinki Region and so on. So are going to change the names like the BigMap mod does?
    Heretic...our map has been finished since December. All of the regions are renamed and we have 199 of them in total.

I figured everyone on the team at least knew that...the map was done before I even announced the mod.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Okay....

Did you ever change that freaking finnish settlement?

Okay....

Did you ever change that freaking finnish settlement?
    If you mean renaming and relocating Helsinki as Turku? Yes, that was done long ago.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Ok.

I'm a little bit confused because i have a flu

Good looking map

HereticFang @

don't spread it here
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

@LC

I think that you should remove one province like Mallorca or Malta and make a new one in Estonia.

Tallinn was the trade capital of the Baltic sea from 12th century to the 16th one . I know that this mod doesn't concentrate to Baltic areas, but still I think that Tallinn is quite important.

yes i agree on almost a province more in the baltic ...maybe we can remove something in lower egypt and arabia

@LC

I think that you should remove one province like Mallorca or Malta and make a new one in Estonia.

Tallinn was the trade capital of the Baltic sea from 12th century to the 16th one . I know that this mod doesn't concentrate to Baltic areas, but still I think that Tallinn is quite important.
    I think you are correct, but we have to find somewhere else...Malta and Mallorca need to stay on the map.

-John G. Hartung

IrAr's Avatar Senator

How about the North American region?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast