Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clouds Across Europe Mod Info

Though I'm not Gazi, I agree with you, Zeph. It's fine representing the fiefs around here as a single faction. CA has done so with France and HRE, which weren't even close to being centralised (especially HRE).
    BTW, in 1100, the Wallachian leader should be Nicolai Basarab. He was a voivode around the Danube area in the 12th century. I doubt he lived in 1100, but he'll do.

I would really like to have a go at the mod's user interface and symbols. I'm saying this after playing Stainless Steel. Its interface is one of the best I've ever seen.
    And, of course, I'd like to play Wallachia on a smoother inteface. ^_^

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post. I didn't notice. I think I was on the previous page.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; April 29, 2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: fixing DB of SirPaladin

Default Re: Clouds Across Europe Mod Info

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    I'm thinking it shouldn't be emergant faction as it was an established and not a horde-typed faction.What do you think Gazi?
    I dont I am not that know with Wallachia, I know them and Bosnians used title Ban for Nobels at some point.But title Ban differs with country its been used in.

I dont see reason why they cant be established, they can start as vassals to Hungary.This might even help them at start, so Hungarians dont overun them.Might be very interesting faction to play early era with...not to rule the world as CA has victory conditions.I see interesting start, surrounded by Global powers, its just struggle for survival.
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Here's a symbol I did just for fun.

Last edited by iudas; April 28, 2007 at 01:29 PM.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    Though I'm not Gazi, I agree with you, Zeph. It's fine representing the fiefs around here as a single faction. CA has done so with France and HRE, which weren't even close to being centralised (especially HRE).
    BTW, in 1100, the Wallachian leader should be Nicolai Basarab. He was a voivode around the Danube area in the 12th century. I doubt he lived in 1100, but he'll do.

I would really like to have a go at the mod's user interface and symbols. I'm saying this after playing Stainless Steel. Its interface is one of the best I've ever seen.
    And, of course, I'd like to play Wallachia on a smoother inteface. ^_^

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post. I didn't notice. I think I was on the previous page.
    That is valuable info indeed SirPaladin regarding who the leader of Wallachia at that time was..and was going to ask you.
    Sure we may edit the interface.How is stainless steel's interface is different I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    I dont I am not that know with Wallachia, I know them and Bosnians used title Ban for Nobels at some point.But title Ban differs with country its been used in.

I dont see reason why they cant be established, they can start as vassals to Hungary.This might even help them at start, so Hungarians dont overun them.Might be very interesting faction to play early era with...not to rule the world as CA has victory conditions.I see interesting start, surrounded by Global powers, its just struggle for survival.
    Thats also what I think to the East the Byzantine Empire and to the west the Hungarians,Wallachia will be kind of a challenging faction to play with.
    I also like to play defensively.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Stainless Steel's interface isn't much different, but there are new buttons, loading screens and symbols. It's quite nice.
    The loading screens are like in RTW - with faction symbols, only this time you don't see the symbol of the faction you're playing (I guess that was hardcoded anyway).
    I'd like to see this here too. And when you have Kwarezmia selected, the map doesn't look too polished. Maybe we should just pick a region map and colour the selected faction's regions. This way, it won't look badly edited.

Stainless Steel's interface isn't much different, but there are new buttons, loading screens and symbols. It's quite nice.
    The loading screens are like in RTW - with faction symbols, only this time you don't see the symbol of the faction you're playing (I guess that was hardcoded anyway).
    I'd like to see this here too. And when you have Kwarezmia selected, the map doesn't look too polished. Maybe we should just pick a region map and colour the selected faction's regions. This way, it won't look badly edited.
    I know what you mean about the Khwarizmian radar map.Actually it is related with a certain RGB colour problem of the Vanilla.When there is fog of war the primary color of the Khwarizmians which is black can only be seen in the parts of the radar map,not all of it.
    If you play with the Timurids the same problem occurs.Their primary color is black too.I think the problem is related with only the colors of the muslim factions,since HRE's primary colour is black too and there is no such problem with it as we all know.

I actually meant the menu bit...
    http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6...paignsetk4.jpg
    I could get rid of Scotland's highlighting and add a better bevel to Kwarezmia's territory, I just need the right files and no Kwarezmia glow...

I actually meant the menu bit...
    http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6...paignsetk4.jpg
    I could get rid of Scotland's highlighting and add a better bevel to Kwarezmia's territory, I just need the right files and no Kwarezmia glow...

I see.Loved your new avatar fully wallachian

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    -I am the first person that created and successfully implemented the Islamic Princesses.
    Hi. I've tried lot of mods and this is one that I've liked the most, specially that stuff regarding islamic princessess. However, they have male diplomatic islamic voices
    May this fixed up? Also, may them marry a christian faction male?

Cheers
    George

Quote Originally Posted by george kings View Post
    Hi. I've tried lot of mods and this is one that I've liked the most, specially that stuff regarding islamic princessess. However, they have male diplomatic islamic voices
    May this fixed up? Also, may them marry a christian faction male?

Cheers
    George
    Thanks a lot George and thank you,glad you enjoy CAE.The sound issue had been a bit risky and tricky for me (lost my music idx sound files) while trying however,Hans Kloss is competent about this issue and he offers help in this issue for these matters.Please contact him,if you will.
    And for the answer of your second question,yes they are able to marry christian faction heirs and leaders.

this mod sounds amazing.......but when I play it its exactly like vanilla with but a few minor changes wha??

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by gr33kp1mp777 View Post
    this mod sounds amazing.......but when I play it its exactly like vanilla with but a few minor changes wha??
    It's true that the mod info here and the current version does not corresponds exactly.The mod info here in this thread is the ideal and finalized version which I hope to achieve.
    However,if you have viewed the mod info at the large mods,downloads section,seen the screenshots and you're saying that all these are minor changes and the mod is exactly like the vanilla,I'm a bit surprised at such a remark.

qnzkid711's Avatar Senator

Btw, Have there been any changes to Orthodox architecture, like changing the style of the churches? I was extremely disappointed with the vanilla churches of Byzantium, they had absolutely no Byzantine resemblance. They were long, like Italian Catholic churches. Byzantine churches should be more rounded and centralized. Think of the famous Byzantine church in Ravenna.

Here are some example of what a minor church might look like:

Here is a monastery:

this is probably a stupid question:

is it possible to change the voices? On the campaign map the units of the Kingdom of Jerusalem sound english, on the battle map they praise France??

thats not only in CAE, you found it in all mod's, well but if somebody record new voices, so go ahead =P
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Col Poutting's Avatar Tiro

Hello Zepharial,

I wrote in your other mod theteutonic order. Thanks for your response. Well for the teutons I just got Brandonm's mod so its done. But your CAE looks realy interesting.

Can you please enlighten me and say if the newest version is based on the retrofit mod? (boiling oil, cav unit number reduced etc?) If yes, pretty sure I'l get it

Another question: does ypu mod creates a seperate folder or does it overwright the vanila one?

Thanks for your great work and hop hearing soon about you

Quote Originally Posted by qnzkid711 View Post
    Btw, Have there been any changes to Orthodox architecture, like changing the style of the churches? I was extremely disappointed with the vanilla churches of Byzantium, they had absolutely no Byzantine resemblance. They were long, like Italian Catholic churches. Byzantine churches should be more rounded and centralized. Think of the famous Byzantine church in Ravenna.

Here are some example of what a minor church might look like:

Here is a monastery:

The changes and a unique visual look regarding the Orthodox architecture can be achieved by texturing the card tgas,including the info tgas and more importantly can be obtained by remodelling the building CAS files with the assistance of 3d max and milkshape.

I'd like to say,like I've indicated in some other posts,although not completely ignorant on the issue,I have no gifts in terms of modelling such as to remodel a building cas nor to create a new unit model from scratch.

So my friend,I'm sorry but this I can not do for,honestly speaking,simply I'm not capable of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaanderen Vrij View Post
    this is probably a stupid question:

is it possible to change the voices? On the campaign map the units of the Kingdom of Jerusalem sound english, on the battle map they praise France??
    It's possible to change which accent,a faction uses.For instance when I created the factions,The Teutons spoke with an English accent,so I changed their accent to German accent.

However what you are saying is a bit different,and is actually a very good point,far away from being stupid.

From what you say Jerusalem's accent is English,but their battle speeches are French..

I'd like to say that there is something wrong with that.It's arranged for Jerusalem's accent on the strat/campaign map to be French.And it's that way in my CAE...

So might you be perceiving their accent as English,instead of French? When you click on a Jerusalem family member or general,do they say "Vou,mon Rua" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    thats not only in CAE, you found it in all mod's, well but if somebody record new voices, so go ahead =P
    What Ataegina says is right.There is the Xenophobia mod being done by Beiss.. And they're changing the factions campaign map accents to their native tongues..

eg. Hungarian agents speak Hungarian when you click on them.
    Russians speak in Russian on the campaign map.

But I doubt that they've implemented in native tongue battle speeches...

Quote Originally Posted by Col Poutting View Post
    Hello Zepharial,

I wrote in your other mod theteutonic order. Thanks for your response. Well for the teutons I just got Brandonm's mod so its done. But your CAE looks realy interesting.

Can you please enlighten me and say if the newest version is based on the retrofit mod? (boiling oil, cav unit number reduced etc?) If yes, pretty sure I'l get it

Another question: does ypu mod creates a seperate folder or does it overwright the vanila one?

Thanks for your great work and hop hearing soon about you
    No need to thank for the answer.

Well if by saying the newest version,you are referring to CAE v1.3 which is the current version that is available for download,then my answer is No.

If you are referring to the upcoming,and currently in progress,CAE v1.4;my answer is again no.

In terms of enlightenment I'd like to indicate CAE mod is a project that isn't based on any other mod in twc or elsewhere, but is based on my mini-mods for mtw2,and by using them as a foundation and improving them from there on.

Kingdoms features aren't currently in the mod either.CAE has its own sub-folder like many other mods,compulsorily there are files that needs to take place in the vanilla folders,however CAE files don't overwrite any files in the vanilla since those files names are changed.