Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clouds Across Europe Mod Info

Default Re: Clouds Across Europe Mod Info

Zephrelial are u and SirPaladin talking about Wallachia which was founded in 1290 by Randolf the Black aka The Black Prince? And during Randolfs reign Wallachia was a vassal to the Hungarian Crown?
    Last edited by ArnyBoy; April 14, 2007 at 04:42 AM.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by murphy9926 View Post
    *sigh* I understand got to even things out. Oh well it dosent matter who you put im going to be all over this mod when it comes out.
    I'm happy to hear that you are looking forward to it Murphy9926.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    Well, Cumans represent Tatars...is there anything you have found about other nomadic tribes and their coat of arms?
    As far as I know Cumans in the East was usually referred to as Kypchaks.The Cumans in the west were called Pecheneks and such.But Tatars were a different tribe.
    I could be wrong though.
    So far I was able to find the Avars coat of arms only.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnyBoy View Post
    Zephrelial are u and SirPaladin talking about Wallachia which was founded by Randolf the Black aka The Black Prince? And during Randolfs reign Wallachia was a vassal to the Hungarian Crown?
    As far as I know that should be it.Wallachia was a vassal of both Hungary and The Ottoman Empire,where Hungary was considered a vassal of HRE,committed to the Archduke of Vienne,Ferdinand..
    That is in the years 1420+

tatars was brought ot europe by Genghis khan, they originated from the land east of modernday mongolia. Im pretty sure about that.
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Quote Originally Posted by jaklei View Post
    tatars was brought ot europe by Genghis khan, they originated from the land east of modernday mongolia. Im pretty sure about that.
    That is also what I know about the Tatars.And they were also a fear tribe originated from Central Asia if I'm not mistaken.

What do you mean by central? That land was dominated by Black Cathay.

(AKA: The land between the mongols and kwarezmians before they got conquered by the mongols.)

But whatever
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Quote Originally Posted by jaklei View Post
    What do you mean by central? That land was dominated by Black Cathay.

(AKA: The land between the mongols and kwarezmians before they got conquered by the mongols.)

But whatever
    By central I mean the steppes,the middle part not too east(China).
    I know Black Cathays.In fact there were so many different tribes in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    As far as I know that should be it.Wallachia was a vassal of both Hungary and The Ottoman Empire,where Hungary was considered a vassal of HRE,committed to the Archduke of Vienne,Ferdinand..
    That is in the years 1420+
    I've got the same info about Wallachia being a vassal to The Ottoman Empire and to Hungary. But i will keep looking for the coat of arms and banners etc.

I've got the same info about Wallachia being a vassal to The Ottoman Empire and to Hungary. But i will keep looking for the coat of arms and banners etc.
    Thank you very much Arny I appreciate it.

Hmm, I have been reading on internett that all these roaming Turk nomadic tribes have been refered through out history as Tatars,regardless of their tribal heritage,Tatars have been mentioned long before coming of mongols.
    Acually reading about reign of Bosnian ruler Kulin Ban, that was labelad as heretic by pope and ordered crusade.Hungary answered, but could not commit most of their forces,crusade was failure becouse of recent plunders and invasions by Tatars it says.this was somewhere around 1180-1200.
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Hmm, I have been reading on internett that all these roaming Turk nomadic tribes have been refered through out history as Tatars,regardless of their tribal heritage,Tatars have been mentioned long before coming of mongols.
    Acually reading about reign of Bosnian ruler Kulin Ban, that was labelad as heretic by pope and ordered crusade.Hungary answered, but could not commit most of their forces,crusade was failure becouse of recent plunders and invasions by Tatars it says.this was somewhere around 1180-1200.
    Tatars are really ancient turkic tribes.I believe that it is hard to discern the tribes such as Kara Khitai,tunguz,karlhuk,uighur,mongol one from another as of origin.
    But I also know that the tatars are really really old.

i think the word tartar is a generic term used by christian european countries during the period to describe east turkish tribes like the word saracen was used to describe all arabs. i would have thought that implementing a kievan rus faction into the area would prevent european expansion better plus i am sure they are easier to research than the cumans. (there is a cuman faction on the portvcale mod, i think the logo they used is a hand grabbing something on a red background if i remember correctly)
    "Join the army, meet interesting people, kill them!"

Congratulations Zephrelial!

Your mod is very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    i think the word tartar is a generic term used by christian european countries during the period to describe east turkish tribes like the word saracen was used to describe all arabs. i would have thought that implementing a kievan rus faction into the area would prevent european expansion better plus i am sure they are easier to research than the cumans. (there is a cuman faction on the portvcale mod, i think the logo they used is a hand grabbing something on a red background if i remember correctly)
    You mean the Kievian Rus?? But there is already a faction in vanilla Russia(Principality of Novgorod) representing the rus.
    So you propose an extra Rus faction..hmm..
    Ah yes you are right of course,PortvCale features Cumans... I wonder where Boicote found the logo..

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    You mean the Kievian Rus?? But there is already a faction in vanilla Russia(Principality of Novgorod) representing the rus.
    So you propose an extra Rus faction..hmm..
    the rus were a divided people, however if you added wallachia and georgia as you have hinted you may not want to add another orthodox faction, if not a volga-bulgarian faction may be the ticket to spicing up that neglected and often forgotten corner of the map

anyway i am stunned by your work and your comendable efforts to answer all questions and suggestions. thanks
    "Join the army, meet interesting people, kill them!"

Zephrelial are u and SirPaladin talking about Wallachia which was founded in 1290 by Randolf the Black aka The Black Prince? And during Randolfs reign Wallachia was a vassal to the Hungarian Crown?
    The name Radu has nothing to do with Randolf.
    And the legend of Negru Voda is not a certainty, although it sort of fascinates me. So, in my thread, I said Basarab I is the founder, because he is certain. And in his reign, Wallachia was not a vassal to Hungary. There was a battle in which the Vlachs defeated the Hungarian king Charles Robert of Anjou (1330, Posada).

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    The name Radu has nothing to do with Randolf.
    And the legend of Negru Voda is not a certainty, although it sort of fascinates me. So, in my thread, I said Basarab I is the founder, because he is certain. And in his reign, Wallachia was not a vassal to Hungary. There was a battle in which the Vlachs defeated the Hungarian king Charles Robert of Anjou (1330, Posada).
    Well,the certain period of time,the vassalage of Hungary actually started during the Prince of Dracula's grandgather .Mircea "the Great" this should be about 1360+.

Will Wallachia be emergant faction than?
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Will Wallachia be emergant faction than?
    I'm thinking it shouldn't be emergant faction as it was an established and not a horde-typed faction.What do you think Gazi?