Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clouds Across Europe Mod Info

Default Re: Clouds Across Europe Mod Info

Another idea I came across is that the Catholic relgions had several different kinds of orders for example Benedictines, Dominicans, Augustinians, Francisians, etc. perhaps using the similar system employed in rtw regarding pagan temples you could apply them for the Catholic factions such as churches from one order giving diffent abilities than the other. Also I did a little research and perhaps you could incorporate the Sultanate of Rum as a Isalmic faction. The Sultanate of Rum was established in 1070 and fell in 1328. Gives the Isalm another faction. Also maybe the Ilkhanate of Persia would be an idea to make as a faction for they controlled much of persia from 1256-1357. Perhaps they could be an invading army just like the mongols and Timurids. Well thats all the ideas I have come up with for now, anyways good work on your recent mod totally enjoyed it looking for to your Clouds Over Europe mod.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammurabi View Post
    Another idea I came across is that the Catholic relgions had several different kinds of orders for example Benedictines, Dominicans, Augustinians, Francisians, etc. perhaps using the similar system employed in rtw regarding pagan temples you could apply them for the Catholic factions such as churches from one order giving diffent abilities than the other. Also I did a little research and perhaps you could incorporate the Sultanate of Rum as a Isalmic faction. The Sultanate of Rum was established in 1070 and fell in 1328. Gives the Isalm another faction. Also maybe the Ilkhanate of Persia would be an idea to make as a faction for they controlled much of persia from 1256-1357. Perhaps they could be an invading army just like the mongols and Timurids. Well thats all the ideas I have come up with for now, anyways good work on your recent mod totally enjoyed it looking for to your Clouds Over Europe mod.
    I am a person that likes detail too.And always like the ideas that adds more details.My only concern is priorities and since I am alone on my own about Clouds Across Europe,I'll see what I can do for as you also know theory is always easier than practice.
    Recent mod?you mean the Khwarezm faction mod.Thank you.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Keep up the good work Zephrelial and if this mod is going to be as good as ur last ones then I cant wait for this new mod.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnyBoy View Post
    Keep up the good work Zephrelial and if this mod is going to be as good as ur last ones then I cant wait for this new mod.
    Thank you ArnyBoy

I just wonder will you be using any other minor mods out there?Or will you just go with your own mods?
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Have you ever given thought to joining up with some of the other modders who make factions? For instance DeZzErX has a really nice looking mod to add Flanders. PXZyan has come up with a Wales and Irish faction that look like they would be fun. This being only a suggestion as a way not only to make new factions but a way to help lighten the load. Im thinking that doing all the work yourself cant be easy. Just a thought.

P.S. I REALLY like the thought of a Irish faction
    "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I agree with murphy9926 about getting some other modders that have created their own mods to help coz i know u are trying to find some modders with experience, I mean I would love to help but im useless when it comes to modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    I just wonder will you be using any other minor mods out there?Or will you just go with your own mods?
    Actually Gazi Husrev-Beg,mainly I intend to use all my mods to construct the main foundation of the mod.
    And then gradually I will make additions and try to improve the mod to achieve its final aims.
    But I could use some features of mods,for instance the ancillary territorial shields of Bloods and Bastards,and of course by asking permission and given proper accredition.
    By the way I worked with trade resources.I increased their value and now the economy is more reasonable and balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy9926 View Post
    Have you ever given thought to joining up with some of the other modders who make factions? For instance DeZzErX has a really nice looking mod to add Flanders. PXZyan has come up with a Wales and Irish faction that look like they would be fun. This being only a suggestion as a way not only to make new factions but a way to help lighten the load. Im thinking that doing all the work yourself cant be easy. Just a thought.

P.S. I REALLY like the thought of a Irish faction
    Yes murphy but working collective is a completely different issue.And maybe we won't be able to decide which factions to feature or things like that.
    Yes doing all the work by myself is not easy and time consuming but I hope I will overcome it.
    Perphaps this Sunday I can release a beta version of Clouds Across Europe.

I agree with murphy9926 about getting some other modders that have created their own mods to help coz i know u are trying to find some modders with experience, I mean I would love to help but im useless when it comes to modding.
    Really modding is an interesting thing.Sometimes it's very difficult but if you get hold of it it becomes easy.
    As for now I did not ask for the help of other modders but if need be,I shall ask.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; April 10, 2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: triple post

Release this Sunday wicked great work Zephrelial

Release this Sunday wicked great work Zephrelial
    Yes ArnyBoy but note that this is only a beta version.And aims to have a basic foundation and becomes a material that I can build upon,however it will be fully playable.The feature info list of Clouds Across Europe is the aimed list of features.
    Don't worry I will post the features of the Clouds Across Europe beta when I'll release it hopefully this sunday.

Cool, I am looking forwared to Clouds across Europe mod...will glady test it for you.I was just wondering one thing...Have you been thinking more about what factions to implement? I know you have been posting about Wallachia and Lithuania...do you have any ideas after them?

Cool, I am looking forwared to Clouds across Europe mod...will glady test it for you.I was just wondering one thing...Have you been thinking more about what factions to implement? I know you have been posting about Wallachia and Lithuania...do you have any ideas after them?
    Ah that would be really great Gazi Husrev-Beg since you are a person that plays the game deeply and have a good eye of spotting bugs.I appreciate it. And also I have the Cumans as being an emergent faction.Do you have anything on your mind about this?

So, have you decided? Are you going to add Wallachia?
    I could give you some info...

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    So, have you decided? Are you going to add Wallachia?
    I could give you some info...
    Wallachia is my priority about adding new factions.Had it on my mind from the very start.
    Really I could help some info especially about what kind of flags and coat of arms they used..For creating the faction symbol it's necessary.Also for the war banners and campaign banners of course.
    I'd appreciate your help SirPaladin

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Ah that would be really great Gazi Husrev-Beg since you are a person that plays the game deeply and have a good eye of spotting bugs.I appreciate it. And also I have the Cumans as being an emergent faction.Do you have anything on your mind about this?
    Oh Cumans would be awsome addition, any mods that adds new factions for Full map early or high era should have Cumans.I am by far not so good in history, but little i know that Cumans had huge inpact on nearby nations.Their Incursions were enough to keep nearby nations in check, even keep some smaller from being tottaly overun and had inpact on their military tactics.Although somewhere midt high era Cumans were destroyed by Mongols I think,anyways Cumans can from early era to late roughly represent nomadic Tatars incursions(Cumans,Pechengs,Kipchaks, etc)

I dont know if they need be emergent faction, becouse they were present at start of the game.But they should defenetly start as a horde.Are you sure that you would have them as emerging faction if you add them to CAE?

Poles and teutons move fast into Asia,Eleminating Russians in process, Hungary and Venice start eating at HRE if they dont enter war.Quite often I have seen Venice or Huns holding Vienna.If Venice and Hungary enter war its power struggle in Balkans.Until they are weakened, than Either poles or Byz use this opportunity to attack hungarians, Venice loose Venice either attacked by Milan or Sicily (but since vanilla, sicily isnt going after italian states)and soon after Venice, holdings in Balkan until they are left with Island or two.Oh I could rant forever now, suffice to say, I belive this faction might be key to balance expanding eu factions into asia that drown rus before mongols.Now only problem would be if they drown rus

Anyways...good choice in my mind...keep us updated plz, so far your mod with new factions is only one worth playing and before M2TWR and Broken Cresant mod launches I havent seen anything much interesting, well renessance mod might be exeption,but that is.

I for one wold love to see the Irish as a faction. Maybe add one or two more towns to the island.
    "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."

Oh Cumans would be awsome addition, any mods that adds new factions for Full map early or high era should have Cumans.I am by far not so good in history, but little i know that Cumans had huge inpact on nearby nations.Their Incursions were enough to keep nearby nations in check, even keep some smaller from being tottaly overun and had inpact on their military tactics.Although somewhere midt high era Cumans were destroyed by Mongols I think,anyways Cumans can from early era to late roughly represent nomadic Tatars incursions(Cumans,Pechengs,Kipchaks, etc)

I dont know if they need be emergent faction, becouse they were present at start of the game.But they should defenetly start as a horde.Are you sure that you would have them as emerging faction if you add them to CAE?

Poles and teutons move fast into Asia,Eleminating Russians in process, Hungary and Venice start eating at HRE if they dont enter war.Quite often I have seen Venice or Huns holding Vienna.If Venice and Hungary enter war its power struggle in Balkans.Until they are weakened, than Either poles or Byz use this opportunity to attack hungarians, Venice loose Venice either attacked by Milan or Sicily (but since vanilla, sicily isnt going after italian states)and soon after Venice, holdings in Balkan until they are left with Island or two.Oh I could rant forever now, suffice to say, I belive this faction might be key to balance expanding eu factions into asia that drown rus before mongols.Now only problem would be if they drown rus

Anyways...good choice in my mind...keep us updated plz, so far your mod with new factions is only one worth playing and before M2TWR and Broken Cresant mod launches I havent seen anything much interesting, well renessance mod might be exeption,but that is.
    Unfortunately the problem with the Cumans that I couldn't find any flag or coat of arms of them on the whole of the net.I intended to use the flag of the Avars(another faction that ruled in the same lands but at least 400 years earlier than the Cumans)however the flag resolution was terrible and I wasn't sure about putting a flag of a different faction.(the Avar flag is actually quite cool a black horse archer on a bright green font)
    I also thought that they should be about 5 full stocks in total as a horde faction mostly of experienced horsearchers and intended to spawn them on Caffa province,on the north of the BlackSea.
    Why only 5 stacks?For instance a terrible horde the Mongols if I'm not mistaken consists of 15 stacks,another powerful horde the Timurids 10 stacks,I intend to make the Turkish horde invading Europa 8 elite full stacks.
    Giving many stacks to Cumans would put too much pressure on the Byzantine and Hungarian players(and the AI) at an early time.
    Yes I'm thinking them as emergant faction as a beginning.
    I see your point so the Cumans may move upwards into Polish and Teutonic Territory to impede them from invading Rus early on.A good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy9926 View Post
    I for one wold love to see the Irish as a faction. Maybe add one or two more towns to the island.
    Well murphy9926 for now the Irish are not the priority.Firstly the Orthodox factions need a boast by adding a new Orthodox faction.(there are only two orthodox factions as you also know.)

*sigh* I understand got to even things out. Oh well it dosent matter who you put im going to be all over this mod when it comes out.

Well, Cumans represent Tatars...is there anything you have found about other nomadic tribes and their coat of arms?