Thread: Money

Default Money

Ok im quite few turns in and im in deep debt - 20k.... this doesnt make sense as my trade advisor says i shud be making profits each turn of about 10000(but keeps going down about 5k a turn) i have mostly built trade buildings roads converted to cities merchant buildings and i ahve many trade agreements? am i missing osmthing that is costing me extra each turn that doesnt show up on my profit sheet? iim keeping my payments minimal i cant think whats going on plz help love this mod

Default Re: Money

Do you have armies outside of settlements? Or spies/assassins in foreign lands?

No only a crusading army I know bout army upkeep its shown in the profit sheet

does it cost money each term now?

Rock Guardian's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher11 View Post
    this doesnt make sense as my trade advisor says i shud be making profits each turn of about 10000(but keeps going down about 5k a turn)
    The advisor doesn't take account of the money you win/lose trough scripts so, in this mod, you can never trust him. If you go to scripts.txt (I think that's the file, could be wrong) you'll see that armies cost extra money on the field and spies and assassins have a much bigger upkeep when in enemy lands. You always have to take these factors into account when planning your conquests. A small mistake and you lose your game because you'll be drown in unpayable debts. Be careful!

If you have a stack of troops, no matter the size of the stack, and it ends it's turn outside of a settlement, then you will pay between 2000 and 12000 florins per stack (for catholic and orthodox factions) per turn that his condition is met. So, if you are England and go on a crusade to Jerusalem, expect to spend a lot of money.

tahnks treesmasha yea i believe its my crusading army thats costing me thanks i think ill either lesson the amount of troops or tell the pope my army got lost!

Szun's Avatar Miles

yea and i was wondering why i lost 40000 per turn from my "wallet" with 2 crusader armies and a full stack conquering ireland... it makes sense now

wonder how long it would take to conquer all the way to jerusalem :hmmm:

Szun's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Treesmasha View Post
    If you have a stack of troops, no matter the size of the stack, and it ends it's turn outside of a settlement, then you will pay between 2000 and 12000 florins per stack (for catholic and orthodox factions) per turn that his condition is met. So, if you are England and go on a crusade to Jerusalem, expect to spend a lot of money.
    and what about muslim factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Szun View Post
    and what about muslim factions?
    they get attack by and are at war with like 20 catholic country's

oh and ive managed to recover my game! france are giving me toruble now.. but i want to take ireland

Muslim factions pay a base of 1500 florins, so their expenses can range from 1500 to 9000 florins per turn per stack.