Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Questions, Comments & Suggestions

Ummon's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Questions, Comments & Suggestions

No, in truth that is an excellent circumstance. Because there is practically nobody up to the task of challenging me around, and I am lazy when overworked: thus if challenged I would not be happy to have to discuss seriously.

I would have fancied the Garb debate, but it becomes too much of a serious thing to be viable. Free discussion is lighter on the attention span of busy people.

Civitate

Had I not quit from debating on this forum, I would challenge you myself. Alas, perhaps in the unforeseeable future.

I am always open to challenges (although I do not issue them). Of course, challenges seldom come.

Civitate

I could arrange something.

It always ends the same way. Maybe a 1vs2.

Civitate

I'll see what I can do.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Matbe we need some sort of a special fast post format -- some sort of Saturday Night Fights format where teams of 2 v 2 do a quick 4 post each (16 total) on a topic -- each player gets intro, 2 full posts, wrapup. Winner determined by a week long poll attached to the commentary thread.

Rome can be the announcer with that handsome avatar. We would need a pretty one to walk the ring for each round though.

Well it was just an idea. I have many ideas after a bit of scotch. LOL!
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Civitate

Not a bad idea actually. But we'd need some willing participants, who all need to be on at the same time to do the quick thing. Unless by quick you are signifying the number of posts and not the time it takes to post/pace of the debate.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

I was thinking a limited window of posting times set in advance depending on where on the planet the four are located. UK and USA would work best as say evening UK time with a 2 hour time slot for all 16 posts. Brutal and quick.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Civitate

Off topic deleted.

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

i have a suggestion, no duel or debate is complete without a referee, so please announce one or let debaters chose one to get a decision who won and who lost.
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

Civitate

Who wins and who loses is up to each individual who's watching to decide. This isn't a competition, it's just where people can have focused one on one debates on their favourite topics, instead of the free for all in the main forums.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234