Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: ExRM 3.3 for RTR-PE 1.9

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Extended Realism Mod for RTRPE 1.8

Understood.

The fix is in final testing right now. We should be good to go very soon.

btw, for the record, after a bunch of bug-hunting I believe that there were no problems with the -mod switch migration beyond the Mt. Etna-type things. All the unit stuff appears to have been my fault.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Here is the changelog for the patch which will be released as soon as we get it all together.

Got rid of ahistorical Tarentine Heavy Cavalry for good
    Fixed strat banners for 0-army cities
    Added Mt. Etna &c. locations back in
    Fixed historical battles (Sparta, Asculum, Magnesium)
    Fixed pointer to Greek hoplite.cas in DMB
    Fixed Roman hastati sprite error for Epirus in DMB
    fixed commented-out sprites for Athenians, Corinthians, and merc_arab_inf in DMB
    Commented out or deleted extra lines in italian princepes and old LCi in DMB
    Changed Epirote Militia Hoplite to its own skin
    Fixed Greek General icons/cards
    Fixed Galatian Legionnaire skin
    Fixed AOR Mac Phalangite skin
    Fixed Samnite infantry skin
    Put info cards where they belong in the master file

We also investigated a problem where Pyrrhus would almost immediately leave his army and head into Tarentum. This was really annoying to me personally as I wanted the opportunity to battle him in the field as the Romans. By tinkering with descr_strat.txt, we were able to fix this problem. Now Pyrrhus will advance to lay siege to Corfinium on the first turn, giving Roman commanders a few turns to get an army together and attack him. At the same time, we made the Epirote family tree far more historically accurate for 280BC. Pyrrhus is now faction leader instead of Alexander I (who died in 313BC) and has 3 sons (governors of Epirus' 3 cities), with the new faction heir being his real-life son and heir Alexander II.

Anyway, unless a huge new bug pops up, it shouldn't be very long at all before everything is ready. Thanks for your patience everyone!
    "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others." - Animal Farm

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams (RIP)

Patronized by imb39. House of wilpuri... go fightin' dubyas!
    Member of S.I.N.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Oh so you guys released this. Good luck with the bug hunt

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Hi XR mod team,

Thanks for recognizing and fixing these issues!

Boromir, You should check out all my bug posts, regular and historical!

Thank god...the bug nightmare is over..........

hellas1

As that idiot, pansy voiceover for the Romans would say :
    THE DAYYYYY IS OUUUURRRSSSSS....

lol, indeed it is.

(The patch and new installer are up.)
    Last edited by Quinn Inuit; March 14, 2007 at 06:13 AM.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Is this patch save-game compatible?

looking forward to new bug reports
    jimboman
    perhaps yes.

Hi XR mod team,

Thank you for the fix!

P.S. I'll be posting IF bugs arise ladies and gents!

hellas1- (Pansy Roman voiceover: THE DAYYYYY IS OUUUUUURRRSSS!)
    Hellas1: and minutes too!

Matt's Avatar Tiro

I don't know if this a bug or a feature, but I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be there.

1. Generals of Greek factions start in the wedge formation and this cannot be reverted. (Epirus, Greek City States, Macedon). Does not affect Baktria. Only happens on open field battles, sieges are fine for some odd reason.

2. Mission faction icons for Britons and Galatians.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    1. Generals of Greek factions start in the wedge formation and this cannot be reverted. (Epirus, Greek City States, Macedon). Does not affect Baktria. Only happens on open field battles, sieges are fine for some odd reason.
    Indeed, except Greek general which is an infantry unit so can't form wedge at all.
    Basically this is true for all mounted general's unit which have wedge in their EDU description. RTRPE should have this issue as well.

Perhaps we should remove wedge from generals if we don't want them to form wedge from time to time.

Attached is corrected EDU.
    Last edited by iamphet; March 18, 2007 at 04:58 AM.

Excellent idea.

Also, is anyone having trouble with the AI doing the old "suicide general" thing? I've noticed that a lot so far.

HI Q.I.,

Yes, in my campaign as the Sarmatians, my Hippeis Basilikeis General has run into a spear wall automatically and I'm thinking "NO WAY would any steppe person do that!"

So yeah, my Sarmatian General seems to like battlefield Russian Roulette!

hellas1- Stupid suicide bug or Whatever RTW bug it REALLY is!

Sorry but IAMPHET.......Where does your corrected file go? in XR's data or the Regular data folder?
    Thanks man!
    Last edited by hellas1; March 18, 2007 at 11:39 PM.

This should go into ExRM\data

Aristides's Avatar Laetus
    Australia - where the bloody hell are you?!

Hi guys - great job on the mod!

Just one thing - that bug with the Italic Skirmishers skin is still happening, for me at least.

I installed ExRM 3.0.1 over my Platinum 1.8 installation - maybe that could be the reason? Either way I'm going to uninstall and reinstall everything again and see if that makes a difference. I even used the patch for 3.0.1 but it didn't seem to help.

I'll BBL to see if reinstalling from scratch fixes the problem.

Cheers etc,

Ari

EDIT: I uninstalled everything and reinstalled:

1 - RTW vanilla
    2 - 1.3 patch
    3 - 1.5 patch
    4 - ExRM 3.0.1
    5 - ExRM 3.0.1 patch for good measure

Still getting the same hideous skin problems with the Italic skirmishers
    Last edited by Aristides; March 19, 2007 at 09:49 PM.

RTR Forum Censor

"A fine head of hair makes a handsome man look more handsome and an ugly man more terrifying." - Lycurgus of Sparta

Im sorry guys i havent been following this mod closely but im really intrigued and eager to play it. I have read all of this thread and to tell you the truth i came out of it a little confused.

i wish to play this mod! i have rtw and BI so im good on that front, do i simply install the mod from the link on the first page and them and the small correction to the EDU? i dont use a mod switch so is the latest version of the non-mod updated?

is this mod compatible to others such as the Metro Naval mod?
    "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" -- Winston Churchill

Aristides
    Can you try to change video settings, I suspect the artifact depends on certain video drivers with certain settings.
    BTW you don't need to install the patch after full version: it's created from full version, so it's unlikely it would be more consistent than the full installer. :tooth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad_Licker
    is this mod compatible to others such as the Metro Naval mod
    It depends on what compatible is. It can co-exist with MNM but it may take additional time to make them working together.
    Do you have any particular reason for not using mod-switch version? It keeps your RTW installation cleaner and 3.0.1 fixed the outstanding mod-switch bugs =)

simply put, im not too computer smart! im not sure how the mod switch works or where to get it so i thought i would just stick with the normal one. if some one can explain it to me that would be great
    "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" -- Winston Churchill

Excellent work Quinn Inuit and the new Extended Realism Mod Team!

I have officially closed my old thread, and linked this thread to it. From now on, Quinn and his team should be consulted on all matters regarding the Extended Realism Mod, and all links should lead to this thread. Quinn and his team have done an amazing job, and, I'm actually now playing this new version for the first time as a member of the community, and now a bug-fix-hunter (ie, "modder")!

Quinn, feel free to use the materials from my old topic's first and second posts in your own work. The images, change logs, etc, can be used for this project if you have any use for them.

Thanks again for working so hard on this project. Next....and extended realism mod for RTR7! I'll start it, and you can finish it! (just kidding)
    Last edited by Candelarius; March 20, 2007 at 06:38 PM.

So after reading it all again, im under the impression that the Mod Switch is the best way to go but i dont have a Mod Switch so where do i download that from? after doing that, i then install the full installer on to 1.5 and then add the corrected EDU file and im done right?

Actually, Iamphet included the whole RTRPE installation in the installer. No idea how he compressed like that. (I think he has magic powers. )

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    Excellent work Quinn Inuit and the new Extended Realism Mod Team!

I have officially closed my old thread, and linked this thread to it. From now on, Quinn and his team should be consulted on all matters regarding the Extended Realism Mod, and all links should lead to this thread. Quinn and his team have done an amazing job, and, I'm actually now playing this new version for the first time as a member of the community, and now a bug-fix-hunter (ie, "modder")!

Quinn, feel free to use the materials from my old topic's first and second posts in your own work. The images, change logs, etc, can be used for this project if you have any use for them.

Thanks again for working so hard on this project. Next....and extended realism mod for RTR7! I'll start it, and you can finish it! (just kidding)
    lol, thanks! I'm lazy, so I promise that I'll steal whatever I can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad_Licker View Post
    So after reading it all again, im under the impression that the Mod Switch is the best way to go but i dont have a Mod Switch so where do i download that from? after doing that, i then install the full installer on to 1.5 and then add the corrected EDU file and im done right?
    Yes, the Mod Switch is definitely the best way to go. Just follow the step-by-step instructions in the first post and then add that corrected EDU.