Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ★ TLR v1.9 Beta 5 - Beta Download & Discussion ★

Default Re: <<< TLR v1.9 Beta 5 - Beta Download & Discussion >>>

Ah. I tried looking for a reason. I did note that the rebel general starting the game in Toledo has no name; but according the descr_strat.txt file he should be the sub-faction general named Mustafar? All of the rebel owned towns in Iberia with Berber Spearmen in them show them as the generic man-with-knife unit card and they're invisible in a battle. I think Mehdi is missing as the name of the general in Lisbon as well, and his Berber spearmen are the same as above.

I'm not clear on what we do to fix this, Lopus. What file do we change?

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus
    SJ, MM, Republic of the Banana (Philippines)

1.) Add a folder to data (data\unit_models) and unzip the file I posted there.

2.) Open up EDU and search for berber_spearmen and add to ownership slave

Add the folder to The Long Road Beta data folder or to the main M2TW data folder? I'm guessing TLR, but I want to be sure. Thanks!

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus

TLR data folder, subfolder unit_models (no caps)

No problem, we all help for a beautiful mod.

OK, I added slave to the ownership for the Berber Spearmen and put the battle_models.modeldb into the TLR data/unit_models folder.

It didn't work. The Berber Spearmen in rebel armies in the Iberian towns - Lisbon, Toledo, Madrid - still show in the unit cards with the pic of the man with knife and if you right click on unit card the unit details show for Berber Spearmen but the pic is still the man with knife. Also, both rebel generals, in Toledo and Lisbon, still have no names.

I am at a loss.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Ahh good catch.
    I removed them from my version of descr_strat.txt.
    They shouldn't have been used by slaves.

I replaced
    Berber Spearmen
    with
    ME Spear Militia

Lopus, you made all the Bodyguards slave useable?
    What about the textures?
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Averroës View Post
    OK, I added slave to the ownership for the Berber Spearmen and put the battle_models.modeldb into the TLR data/unit_models folder.

It didn't work. The Berber Spearmen in rebel armies in the Iberian towns - Lisbon, Toledo, Madrid - still show in the unit cards with the pic of the man with knife and if you right click on unit card the unit details show for Berber Spearmen but the pic is still the man with knife. Also, both rebel generals, in Toledo and Lisbon, still have no names.

I am at a loss.
    Oh, did you also transfer the UI files to slaves? I forgot to mention that .

Quote Originally Posted by tornnight View Post
    Ahh good catch.
    I removed them from my version of descr_strat.txt.
    They shouldn't have been used by slaves.

I replaced
    Berber Spearmen
    with
    ME Spear Militia

Lopus, you made all the Bodyguards slave useable?
    What about the textures?
    Not that file, another copy that I am testing on in my 5th TLR folder makes bodyguards slave usable. Texture is copied from various sources.
    ME Bodyguard - I use Egyptian
    SE Bodyguard - I use Milan (hate them anyway).
    the others I'm still working on. The DB file is very hard to work on.

For card etc. etc. you also have to copy the ui pictures. When I finish I will upload you a zipfile with all the folders in place.

I've been waiting for patch 1.2 to add all the new units.
    I've been crossing my fingers that a descr_models.txt will be included.

OK, so we go through the descr_strat.txt and replace the Berber Spearmen in the three rebel general armies with ME Spear Militia? Berber Spearmen only appear in the armies for Mehdi, Mustafa and Alhuron (who should appear in Madrid but doesn't). I just used the replace function and switched the 6 units of Berber Spearmen to ME Spear Militia.

The rebel generals still have no names, though. Mehdi should be in Lisbon but only a general named : appears, although the age of 31 is correct. The same for Mustafa in Toledo. And Alhuron doesn't appear in Madrid at all, no general there.

LordBear gets the credit for finding this one!

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus

Knight Errant made a more "user-friendly" version of the db file here
    That is what I am using.

@Averroës: The name of rebel/independent general could be misspelled or duplicated (if duplicated game will not allow 2 identical persons to start). Change name, is easy to do.

They're the only Mehdi, Mustafar and Alhuron in the descr_strat.txt file. The generals are there for Mehdi and Mustafar, but no names. And Alhuron shows in the descr_strat.txt as being placed in the correct X/Y coordinates for Madrid, but he isn't there. Madrid has the troops, but no general. The troops in Toledo and Lisbon show the corrected ME Spear Militias now, but still no general.

I haven't, literally, changed anything in the TLR files, except what we're talking about this evening.

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus

They're the only Mehdi, Mustafar and Alhuron in the descr_strat.txt file. The generals are there for Mehdi and Mustafar, but no names. And Alhuron shows in the descr_strat.txt as being placed in the correct X/Y coordinates for Madrid, but he isn't there. Madrid has the troops, but no general. The troops in Toledo and Lisbon show the corrected ME Spear Militias now, but still no general.

I haven't, literally, changed anything in the TLR files, except what we're talking about this evening.
    Mehdi, Mustafar and Alhuron are not names in the names files.
    Change to
    Mehdi = Mahjoub
    Mustafar = Moustafa
    Alhuron = Abdu_llah
    Should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopus View Post
    Mehdi, Mustafar and Alhuron are not names in the names files.
    Change to
    Mehdi = Mahjoub
    Mustafar = Moustafa
    Alhuron = Abdu_llah
    Should work fine.
    Are these the names you're using? They aren't the ones in Tornnight's descr_strat file. Will all of the sub_faction named rebel generals need changing then, or just the new ones added in by Tornnight? Like Harold Dowell who starts the game as the rebel general in Tara, but he was in 1.8, so should be OK, right; but Harold of Exeter won't? Or will he be OK because his name is already in the names files? I don't know which names in the descr_strat for 1.9 b5 aren't also in the names files. I'm rather confused now.
    Last edited by Averroës; March 03, 2007 at 09:19 PM.

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus

Boss Torn, here is an example of how the berber spearmen and the ME general have been made into independent form. Do you want to wait until I get everything done or send it to you piecemeal?

Also do I add more "wandering" independent generals around?

@Averroës: I'm giving each independent stack a named character to lead it. Also I'm changing some of the units (for example Southampton should not be filled with Welsh. I'm putting in Saxon units). BTW, do you have a .txt file of all the regions of TLR with x,y coordinates? Can you post it here please? The one I made before accidentally erased (or missing because I cannot find it).
    Last edited by Lopus; March 04, 2007 at 02:54 AM.

Centenarius

@kobi118 The first thing I'd try is a clean install over a fresh vanilla M2TW.

I keep a clean copy of the 1.1 patched M2TW in my Sega directory, just called "Copy of Medieval II Total War" for just such a thing. I install M2TW, patch it, then copy the Medieval II Total War folder. Then when I run into problems, I delete the entire Medieval II Total War folder and rename the copy to that. Now I have a clean install. I copy the new Medieval II Total War folder again, so I have another clean copy. Then I reinstall the mods.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what the proplem might be.

@LordBear

I think there is a problem with the Berber Spearmen. I saw the same thing. All of the rebel Berber spearmen show up with the generic man-with-knife unit card for me as well, not just Toledo but in Lisbon and all of the other rebel Islamic settlement garrisons and armies. I haven't gone to battle with them, but I suspect that is why they're also invisible. This is something Tornnight should take a look at.

i dont have enough space for that...when i will format i will try install this mod first so what happens

Wait until you're finished. I want to dedicate my time to completing the map before I do anything else.

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by tornnight View Post
    Wait until you're finished. I want to dedicate my time to completing the map before I do anything else.
    Finished (mostly), its in Rulers of the Realm thread. Didn't feel like working today anyway so ...

I posted the complete TLR settlement X-Y coords in the titles,traits thread.

do i need to download beta 1, 2, 3 and 4 before downloading 5?

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus

I posted the complete TLR settlement X-Y coords in the titles,traits thread.
    A thousand thanks to you. May your life prosper. BTW, if you d/l my attachments, pls tell me what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm07 View Post
    do i need to download beta 1, 2, 3 and 4 before downloading 5?
    No, beta 5 is stand-alone (as are the others actually).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast