Me again.... was reminded of this by seeing Publius's hosted mod list
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62619
and some recent confusion relating to one of our users installing a non mod-folder mod over the top of EoD.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before and can't remember where - but it would be useful if either a comprehensive mod listing or the hosted mod's own sub-forums had info - in some sort of standardised format - to say if they are completely contained in -mod folder, and if not a rough description of which folders they overwrite, e.g. do non -mod BI mods also overwrite the RTW game folders.

Think this info. would be very useful for users and also for modders to be able to advise on what is actually compatible with what on same installation.

Does anyone have ideas as to where and how this could best be implemented? :hmmm:

Also, slightly sillier point, but as everyone seems to be using initials for the mod folder to make the path simpler we could do with a note somewhere of which mods are actually using which folder names. I don't think CI and EOD are likely to run into problems, but if you get; for instance, Arthurian Total War, Alexander Total War and America's Total War all using the obvious mod-folder name, its going to rather defeat the purpose of mod-folders!!! There might not be that many more RTW mods getting converted but I think M2TW structure will give same issue ?!